Thread: Is Fido changing to Daylight Savings Time?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Question Is Fido changing to Daylight Savings Time?

Anyone else notice that the time display on the Nokia 8390 is not updating to Daylight Savings time? You can change it manually but the system updates it with the old time making it an hour behind.

Will Fido ever change this?
    Rodney

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Does the 8390 have a calendar? If so, it may not be correct. As for Fido updating the phone, they do not update clocks over the network. That's a CDMA thing (at least in Canada).

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    They must now update it, perhaps via GPRS.

I have changed it manually and then when the next person calls or I turn it off and back on it reverts back to the old time.

Anyone else having this problem?

Device(s)
    Nokia 8390
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I noticed it too. It is a function of the GPRS.

I guess someone at Microcell forgot to implement D.S.T. on GPRS, which is a bit surprising considering they did it correctly on their voice-mail system.

Better stay with Auto Update (menu 4-2-2) turned off or to "Confirm First" until this glitch is fixed.

--Owen

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Thanks! I totally forgot that there was a manual update only option in the time settings.

Device(s)
    903SH
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    the time is still an hour behind... isn't anyone at fido awake?

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 16GB White
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by OwenX
    Yes, I noticed it too. It is a function of the GPRS.

I guess someone at Microcell forgot to implement D.S.T. on GPRS, which is a bit surprising considering they did it correctly on their voice-mail system.

Better stay with Auto Update (menu 4-2-2) turned off or to "Confirm First" until this glitch is fixed.

--Owen
    Is that just the GPRS time hasn't been adjusted? What about their billing system time? If not, our weeknite time will start at 8pm everynite instead?!

Device(s)
    Nokia 8390
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Ronster

Is that just the GPRS time hasn't been adjusted? What about their billing system time? If not, our weeknite time will start at 8pm everynite instead?!
    Good question, Ronster. Has anyone received a monthly bill with calls made on or after April 7th? If you remembered to set the clock on your handset, compare the time on the invoice to the time in the phone's "Call Log", and let us know, please!

My guess is that the billing system, just like their voicemail, is programmed correctly for D.S.T.; the GPRS is a new thing (for Microcell), so I'm not surprised they haven't cleaned all the bugs out yet.

--Owen

Device(s)
    Too many
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I have no problems with Fido not changing the time I'm in the Central Time Zone, so the autoupdate on my 8390 gives me the correct time and date.

but when they fix this problem back to the right time, the GPRS clock will go back to an hour ahead of me. oh well. for now, I'm not complainin'

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    What are you guys complaining aboot? I live in calgary and it is now 3 hours ahead!?!?!?
    "Video games don't affect kids. If Pacman had affected us when we were kids, everyone would be running around in darkened rooms, munching on magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."