Thread: Awesome new plan from Fido...just signed on...

Device(s)
    Nokia 3390
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up Awesome new plan from Fido...just signed on...

I used to be with ClearNET/Telus and was conteplating whether or not I should purchase a new phone.

Well, my friend's 8890 convinced me to look out for phones with the downloadable ring tones feature.

Then, Fido introduced 2 new plans for a limited time only that made me swith over and pick up a 3390.

It only applies to new activations or current members who have been with Fido for more than 6 months.

The one that sold me was this:

-300 daytime min.
    -free nights/weekends
    -free caller ID
    -free Performance Voice Mail
    -and other features already included in the plans

All for only $45 a month!!

The other plan is this:

-100 daytime minutes
    -free nights/weekends
    -free caller ID
    -free basic voice mail
    -and other features already included in the plans

All for only $30 a month

Device(s)
    nokia 5160
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Arrow mass sweep of customers before Rogers...?

heard that those plans are only for new fido customers and that they're only being offered this month. somewhat like fido's last chance to grab customers before rogers' GSM system comes out (well...at least over here in Western Canada). did anybody else get info on this?

i'm getting a new gsm phone soon...but still debating between fido and rogers. any suggestions?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3g
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    i signup like 2 week before this and i called them up and asked them about it.. they told me that i still qualified to be on that plan.. so i switch to it.. only $5 more from what i'm paying now and i get unlimited..

Device(s)
    motorola v635 (primary)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    the promotional offer ends sept. 30th.... i talked to a fido rep and he said that there will also be some other offers to come. any ideas or confirmation on this?

Device(s)
    BB8703e
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility - The Future Is Friendly
    Feedback Score
    These new plans is offered with new activations or activations < 1 month old and subscribers who've be with one of the monthly plans for > 6 months. The promotion is to end on September 30. The "official" launch date of this promotion is August 13th!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

New Plans

I just changed the plans for a customer today and the rep said that everyone is eligable for the $45 plan but the people who activated less then 6 months ago are not eligable for the $30 plan. Also so far they have said these plans are valid until September 30th.

Feedback Score
    Can people using Nokia 8890 get the $45 plan? My friend uses the prepaid for his 8890. Can he get those $45 plans for his 8890?

Device(s)
    Nokia N95
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    ya, anyone can sign onto the plans as long as you haven't just signed up in the last 6 months. You can use any phone including the 8890. You should be able to switch to that plan easily, just switch to the monthly plans.

Feedback Score
    So the new $45 plan is available to everyone!

What incompetence by Fido CS? I wanted to join the $30 plan but I was denied. CS failed to suggest to me that I could join the $45 plan. This is another example of CS dropping the ball.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Speaking of CS

I've also had a couple of cases where customers came to me and said that Fido's CS told them there was now way to go on the monthly plan even though everyone above 18 and with a SIN can go on a plan now, regardless of credit history. But somehow they never mentioned it to the customers.

Device(s)
    Motorola V66! *FINALLY!- DAD'S taking it to HK for a month DANM!
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Microcell Solutions)
    Feedback Score
    My friend was on Fidomatic for 2 years now and he switched to one of the new plans no problem.

Feedback Score
    Anyone know if Fido will have any new promotion for $25 or lower? I don't use cell too much but would like to find something with cheaper air time than prepaid.

Feedback Score

New plans

I reactivated an old Fido SIM i used to use in a Timeport and then had converted to Fidomatic to keep it active a few days ago as I just got an Ericsosn R520. I got the basic 200mins for $20 plan, then today when i realized I was using more minutes than i thought I called them them up to put the $25 addon, free evenings and weekends. At this point they told me only of the $30 plan which i agreed to right away considering it would be $20 less than having $20 for 200 mins, 25$ for evenings+weekends, 3$ for caller-id, and $2 for basic voicemail. And i use most mins at night/wknds. However I was not told about the 45$ plan, not that Ic are too much as the 30$ plan is what I want. But also I'm wondering if you can put Fidomatic on this plan, i guess it wouldn't make sense cuz there already is voicemail (only basic mind you) and caller-id, but i'd like the unlimited SMS and 150 emails. I'll ask Fido what happens. It would be nice if it were only 3$ considering that would make up 8$ for all the services but somehow i doubt that.

-mike

Device(s)
    HTC EVO 3D
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    This is really the best deals around. I just called the CSR, and got my plan changed (from the next billing cycle)! Still struggling if I should get the FidoPro.