Thread: Thoughts on WLNP and Customer Retention for my family plan

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Thoughts on WLNP and Customer Retention for my family plan

So my $150-250 a month family plan is coming up for renewal in about a month. We have been with TMo for almost 4 years and are now considered Blue Customers (whatever that is worth). So with 5 unlocked phones and WLNP about to come in to play, does anyone have any thoughts on what I may reasonably hope to get from customer retention? We all took advantage of the $35 Nokia 6610 deal, so new phones aren't a big deal. I was shooting for free nights. Is that reasonable? What else should I try to get ?

Thanks

P.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm in the same boat. Family Plan with 4 unlocked phones for about 3 years now, $150 a month. We've yet to upgrade phones and are off contract. We're shooting for getting 2 Samsung P705s when the time comes for a decent price. Sound reasonable?

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by MicroT86
    I'm in the same boat. Family Plan with 4 unlocked phones for about 3 years now, $150 a month. We've yet to upgrade phones and are off contract. We're shooting for getting 2 Samsung P705s when the time comes for a decent price. Sound reasonable?
    Two free phones? That seems a little aggressive to me....but then again what do I know? I hope others will be kind enough to share their thoughts (especially any TMo employees!)

Device(s)
    Samsung E105
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    what exactly do you think they will give you? you already got a great deal on the 6610. the nights are an extra fee, and there is no way they will give them to you for free. they might give you a month of free service if you complain.................

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular, T-Mobile CZ
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by piel
    Two free phones? That seems a little aggressive to me....but then again what do I know? I hope others will be kind enough to share their thoughts (especially any TMo employees!)
    I honestly dont think you will get much, are you sure your contract was not extended when you got the phones?
    Feedback

Phones Owned:
    Nokia: 5160, 3390, 8290, 3310, 6610, 3595, e62
    Motorola: 7868w, p280, v66, v60, v60s, v600, v551
    Siemens: s56
    Samsung: e105
    Sony Ericsson: T68i, T610, P800, T39m
    Blackberry: 7920, 8800
    Treo: 750
    iPhone

Device(s)
    T-Mobile SDA, Nokia 6600, Nokia 3650, SE T610
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (USA)
    Feedback Score
    With a plan $150 you will probably get anythig you want. If you are "in the blue" you can pretty much get any phone you want for free. I am not sure about nights but you can try. Just don't talk to regular CS call retention.

I am in the blue as well and I didn't have to extend my contract when I got the 6610 for $35.

Device(s)
    Inspector Gadget Finger Phone
    Carrier(s)
    Houston Cellular, Aerial Communications
    Feedback Score
    whats with the 5 unlocked phones and 4 unlocked phones... do you guys mean lines?

i dont know about how the family plan revenue works. given that you spend 250 dollars a month with 5 lines thats the equivalent of 50 dollars per line. in the big picture of things (compared to the rest of the rate plans) thats moderately middle of the pack..

hopefully you can get something.. if you one csr refuses to budge, call back and try again

my monthly bill is 150 ~300 for ONE line going on about 3 years, and they still barely cut me any slack....

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by crazeazn
    whats with the 5 unlocked phones and 4 unlocked phones... do you guys mean lines?
    What I meant by saying "4 unlocked phones" is that we have never upgraded phones from T-Mobile. Also, in my original post, I meant having T-Mo allow me to upgrade to two TV phones for a decent price. Of course, in my world, decent price for a phone is $400, .

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

i dont know about how the family plan revenue works. given that you spend 250 dollars a month with 5 lines thats the equivalent of 50 dollars per line. in the big picture of things (compared to the rest of the rate plans) thats moderately middle of the pack..

hopefully you can get something.. if you one csr refuses to budge, call back and try again

my monthly bill is 150 ~300 for ONE line going on about 3 years, and they still barely cut me any slack....
    Well, last year I got an extra 100 minutes per line per month for the entire year, so we had 800 shared minutes, plus 100 extra per line (basically 1300 minutes total) for $140/month...not bad. That's why I was hoping to get the free nights this time.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (Personal)
    Feedback Score
    my monthly bill is 150 ~300 for ONE line going on about 3 years
    What more do you need than Get More Supra + unlimited internet?