Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Can I use an AT&T unlocked 6800 with T-mobile for data?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Hallandale, FL
    Posts
    708
    Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (Personal)
    Feedback Score
    0

    Can I use an AT&T unlocked 6800 with T-mobile for data?

    Hey guys!

    I am interested in purchasing a 6800 from someone... he used a DCT4 calculator and used code 7 to unlock the phone. I was under the expression that this unlocking was just for voice, but the seller says that he thinks it includes the unlocking of data too so I will be able to use it with T-mobile....

    so what is the real answer?

    Thanks a ton guys

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    255
    Device(s)
    N8890,8290,N7250i,N6800
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    0
    I was or still am in the same situation.

    I got a 6800 from ATT as well. Unfortuantely I cannot use DATA on it.. only CSD so basically you are charged per minute for internet access.
    My FEEDBACK

    TRADE or Sale: Jager Tap Machine - Will trade for any GSM phone or Sell $100

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Hallandale, FL
    Posts
    708
    Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (Personal)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Originally posted by kuno
    I was or still am in the same situation.

    I got a 6800 from ATT as well. Unfortuantely I cannot use DATA on it.. only CSD so basically you are charged per minute for internet access.
    Okay, that is what I thought

    I wonder how much it will cost to send the phone out to have it unlocked by someone with a cable hrm...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    255
    Device(s)
    N8890,8290,N7250i,N6800
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    0
    i believe the phone is browser unlcoked as well.. or else i would not be able to view web pages on it

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Hallandale, FL
    Posts
    708
    Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (Personal)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Originally posted by kuno
    i believe the phone is browser unlcoked as well.. or else i would not be able to view web pages on it
    Hrm... but you can't use GPRS?

    Decisions, decisions

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    93
    Device(s)
    Samsung Vibrant (Galaxy-S)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0

    Re: Can I use an AT&T unlocked 6800 with T-mobile for data?

    Originally posted by Spac3d
    Hey guys!

    I am interested in purchasing a 6800 from someone... he used a DCT4 calculator and used code 7 to unlock the phone. I was under the expression that this unlocking was just for voice, but the seller says that he thinks it includes the unlocking of data too so I will be able to use it with T-mobile....

    so what is the real answer?

    Thanks a ton guys
    I have an unlocked 6800 and 6200 from ATTWS and both function fully on the T-Mobile network (Voice and Data). You just need to get the GPRS Settings (which you can have sent to your phone via nokiausa.com) and voila you're all set. :-]

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    255
    Device(s)
    N8890,8290,N7250i,N6800
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    0

    Re: Re: Can I use an AT&T unlocked 6800 with T-mobile for data?

    Originally posted by ManticorePgh
    I have an unlocked 6800 and 6200 from ATTWS and both function fully on the T-Mobile network (Voice and Data). You just need to get the GPRS Settings (which you can have sent to your phone via nokiausa.com) and voila you're all set. :-]
    This is exactly what I did.. however it remained on CSD... guess Im just unlucky.

    However, if you're just looking to download ringtones/wallpapers and what not.. then spend 30 bucks to get a data cable. Worked like a charm for me.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Hallandale, FL
    Posts
    708
    Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (Personal)
    Feedback Score
    0

    Re: Re: Can I use an AT&T unlocked 6800 with T-mobile for data?

    Originally posted by ManticorePgh
    I have an unlocked 6800 and 6200 from ATTWS and both function fully on the T-Mobile network (Voice and Data). You just need to get the GPRS Settings (which you can have sent to your phone via nokiausa.com) and voila you're all set. :-]
    Whoa, awesome news

    Looks like I will be getting a 6800

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Mission Viejo
    Posts
    37
    Device(s)
    Samsung i603
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0

    Re: Re: Re: Can I use an AT&T unlocked 6800 with T-mobile for data?

    Originally posted by kuno
    This is exactly what I did.. however it remained on CSD... guess Im just unlucky.

    However, if you're just looking to download ringtones/wallpapers and what not.. then spend 30 bucks to get a data cable. Worked like a charm for me.
    Sorry to bring this topic back up but where did you find the data cable for $30

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    255
    Device(s)
    N8890,8290,N7250i,N6800
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    0
    I got a new one off ebay

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    So.CALiFORNIA
    Posts
    2,535
    Device(s)
    Falcon
    Carrier(s)
    iDEN
    Feedback Score
    0
    Where can I get that calculator?
    GC|EXECUTIVE

    Thou Shall Not Hate... Jealousy is a sign of weakness... It was written...
    To know where you're heading, you have to know where you've been...
    All respect to those who break their necks to keep their women in check...
    Live and Let Live...Live and Learn...Dont Indulge on the Past...
    Im gentle... hence, the gentle man...=)
    Creator of the GC|
    GC - Gentlemans Club Worldwide
    "GC|... its how its done...."
    palettes, unlocking, mods? ask me... =)
    The Participation
    "It was pioneers like us that created this iDEN atmosphere that you experience today"

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    the calculator was probably from http://unlock.nokiafree.org/

Bookmarks