Thread: bell customer service poor

Device(s)
    Ericsson T39mc
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Alberta)
    Feedback Score

Thumbs down bell customer service poor

from the short 3 months i was using bell, i found that their customer service was the worst out of the others i've been using (rogers and fido). they were not helpful and seemed like they didn't know anything (they had to put me on hold a few times to ask something i'm sure they should have known)

on top of that, they don't tell their customers things they should know. when i called to check when my free 3 months was up (so i could cancel), they said call back at a certain date (before end date) to cancel it. the guy never told me i had to give 1 month's notice. i was curious to see if my phone was still connected so i called the number and found my voicemail still activated. i contacted their customer service line and the girl said you'll be charged a full month's fee since you didn't give 1 month's notice. i said there's no way i'm paying for that when i called and asked about cancelling the phone. the guy never told me. so she simply said, "ok, i'll cancel that for you. bye."

???

Device(s)
    Motorola 270c
    Feedback Score
    well it sounds like you activated on a gift ready promotion over the holidays. There is a huge "READ ME FIRST" card, and Terms of Service, that informs you of 30 days notice, for a deactivation, and the fact the plan becomes billable after your 3 months of free service.

Therefore, while the information you recieved might not have been that clear, if you read your terms of service (if you bought the phone at a Bell World you would have signed stating you have read it, if you bought it at another retailer, ie: futureshop, you would have been asked apon activation if you read and agreed to your terms of service. Its funny I am looking at one of these read me first cards RIGHT NOW its so plainly clear about these things, you might want to consider reading your documents before signing up on a plan and then later blaming the company providing the service for misinforming you.

Dreaderus

Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Yeah duh! A salesperson or customer service rep doesn't have to tell you anything that they also provide you with in written form.

Device(s)
    Nokia Communicator 9290
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers At&t Wireless
    Feedback Score
    These are the people who probably boughtthat hair cutting thing that you attack to your vacuum cleaner

Device(s)
    Nokia Communicator 9290
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers At&t Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I meant to say attach, not attack