Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4-8 weeks

1 16.67%
  • 8-12 weeks

1 16.67%
  • Longer than 12 weeks

4 66.67%
  • Less than 4 weeks (not for instant rebates)

0 0%

Thread: Price Costco Rebate Is A Scam

Device(s)
    HP IPAQ HW6955
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers AT/T (Canada GSM 850 1900)
    Feedback Score

Price Costco Rebate Is A Scam

I got a new phone activated at the ottawa Price Costco. When I got the phone the sales rep H**i*h told me that there was a $50 instant rebate, a $75 mail in rebate and two other $25.00 rebates that will show up on the bill-- bill credit rebates.

I filled out all the paper work and got the instant $50 rebate, the mail in $75.00 rebate, but the other two $25.00 invoice rebates I never got. So I called rogers and asked them-- they told me they never heard of such a thing. So I called the sales rep (this is november now I have had the phone acitivated 4 months and rebates were all suppose to be in 4-8 weeks) and he told me they will be backed up until december. So I just spoke to the sales rep again today-- his responce not sure when the rebates are coming in and there is no way to check the status of the rebate or confirm the rebate.

To conclude: Rogers have no idea about the special 2 * $25.00 bill credit rebates are , the sales rep had no answer to why the rebates have not come in and the Customer Service desk staff at price costco told me they have had quite a few ppl complaining-- so it is just not me....

The sales rep wrote all the details on the contract. Do you think rogers will honor these rebates?

Is there a way I can get this dealer in trouble for doing this, so he does not fool other people, or get other people fooled in a trick he has been fooled into?

It is not the money, but for pride -- who wants to get cheated into anything????
    Ultimate University Student Resource WebSite

http://www.wetnerds.com

buy sell text books
    look for student housing

Device(s)
    Iphone
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    usually costco locations are sometimes run by another company, find out who it is and talk to the manager

Device(s)
    RIM Electron for Rogers
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    the way it works is that they send network reward rebates (think Rogers gift certificates) for your account. Now Rogers will only let you redeem one rebate per month so when you do get them it'll be 25$ on one bill and the other 25$ on the other. and please yes talk to the manager because they are the ones mailing the damn things!
    etting bigger and pregnater by the minute

Pin: 20542df9

Device(s)
    SE T616
    Carrier(s)
    rogers wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by RO
    the way it works is that they send network reward rebates (think Rogers gift certificates) for your account. Now Rogers will only let you redeem one rebate per month so when you do get them it'll be 25$ on one bill and the other 25$ on the other. and please yes talk to the manager because they are the ones mailing the damn things!
    that is correct. Also, they dont show up on the rogers system as rebates. They show up as "special payments" or something like that. Ask csr to look again, and/or call the store than runs the costco operations.
    Another happy nokia to sony-ericsson convert

Device(s)
    HP IPAQ HW6955
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    thanks(RO,paf and frank the tank) for the feedback.. i will go to costco tommorow to see who runs it. Hopefully I can get to the bottom of this...

love this insider info... hehehe

Device(s)
    HP IPAQ HW6955
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    found out a 3rd party communications company out of montreal runs all the rogers booths in Price Costco. After being transfered over 7 times I finnally talked to someone who knew what I was talking about. The result, we are very backed up and do not know when the credit will apply but expect to wait 4-6 months for the credit to apply; not weeks but months. Furthermore, they mentioned you must keep your rogers service for a bill credit and not to change your number as it will prolong the credit.

4-6 months is wayy to long from the original 4-6 weeks. On my contract it spells out all the rebates. Does anyone know if a rep at rogers can help me, if so please pass along the contact....

a very fustrated qD
    Last edited by thepowerful; 12-26-2003 at 03:16 PM.

Device(s)
    6820b
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    what company is this?

is it solution cellulaire in Lasalle???

if so, GOOD LUCK, they couldn't find their *** with either hand!

Feedback Score
    anyone understand how rebates work and why it always takes so long to get the cheques?

do they make you wait so long because they use that money for investing purposes and therefore wont send out the cheques til they've collected some interest from the investment?
    HERE'S MY NONSENSE, MY TWO CENTS IS FREE....hehe

Kids.....they should be hooked on phonics, not hooked on chronic

my feedback
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...threadid=36002