Thread: Where to buy VX6000 Cable

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G & Blackberry 8300
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (current) Verizon (past)
    Feedback Score

Where to buy VX6000 Cable

Can I buy a VX6000 or Lg1200 cable anywhere in a retain store like radio shack or do I have to purchase it online.. if online where would i be able to buy one cheap? thanks.
    Anything engineered can be reverse-engineered

Device(s)
    LGVX8300
    Carrier(s)
    VZW since 7/03
    Feedback Score
    You've been here longer than me. Try the search tab.

ps: not tryin to be a smart but.
    I tried the futuredial for my 4400 and had to many issues so i got the mobile office kit
    Why did I ever start using a darn cell phone.
    I love the Moto charging portHave you lost your mind

Device(s)
    Motorola MPx220
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I'm not sure, but I would think the Futuredial cable would work with your phone as well (the drivers I got off the Futuredial website includes both the VX4400 and VX6000 drivers). Go to Radioshack and look for part # 170-0783, the cable is advertised to support the LG 1010, 5350, VX1, VX10, it also supports my VX4400 and I think the VX6000. There is also another cable, the 170-0789 I think, but don't get that as it does not have the bulge in the middle of the cable (it's straight up USB, there has been some known problems with it, the 0783 has a serial converter in the cable AFAIK). Anyways, if it's for your Samsung, I think it should work, I remember seeing it in the drivers installation.

If you choose to buy online, search EBay, there's a guy (freedomnet) selling it there for the same price (a little more when including shipping), I'm not sure if it's the same cable but he includes a CD with all the software you'll need in case you don't have broad band.

I at first had problems with the BITPIM software/USB drivers and my phone, but after about 30 minutes in the help section of the software, I basically just changed my phone to some protocol they listed, and manually typed in COM5 since it wasn't showing up in the available ports. Afterwards, everything's been great.

Now I just have to wait for those kicking developers to get Microsoft Outlook Contacts integrated into the overall package so I can just rip all the contacts out of my Outlook.
    Last edited by dcdomain; 12-23-2003 at 01:24 AM.
    dcdomain.release.eight
    carnegie.mellon.lambda.phi.epsilon
    "What I had I gave today. What I saved, I lost forever."

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Awesome sounds good, I'll stop by at the Shack tomorrow, I really just wanted to get it from a retail store so I wouldn't have to wait for it in the mail.. it'll take a while around x-mas. Thanks for the head up man, can anyone else confirm the radio shack cable will work for the VX6000? Thanks again.

Device(s)
    Motorola MPx220
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    If you wait till tomorrow night I'll let you know. My friend is going to borrow it and try to transfer some stuff onto his phone.

VX6000 isn't listed at all at their page: http://www.futuredial.com/Products/P_cables.htm... go figure.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I suggest rpiwireless because they sell a recharging cable and its a GREAT cable. Probably the best.. way better teh freedomnet.

Device(s)
    Samsung m510
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    i read in another thread walmart might have some?

i too am looking for these cables, hoping to find an affordable one? anyone know if the radio shack cable works good enough to transfer pics and stuff?
    past phones:
    N3395, V60g, N8290, SE t68, N3590, N8390, N8890, n625, t720, S105, SE t300, N3650, N7210, N6610, v205, S56, N6200, S300, t616, sl56, N3595, Moto V300, a670, d407, SLVR L6, t509, katana dlx, a437, m510

Howard feedback | eBay feedback

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Cool, I'll gladly wait til tonight to find out, thanks dc

Device(s)
    APPLE 16GB IPHONE
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Take your phone with you to Radio Shack. You wil find that these cables probably DO NOT FIT your VX6000!

I have tried them all and they don't work with the newest VX6ks with the three plastic keys in the portal of the VX6k.

Originally posted by dcdomain
    I'm not sure, but I would think the Futuredial cable would work with your phone as well (the drivers I got off the Futuredial website includes both the VX4400 and VX6000 drivers). Go to Radioshack and look for part # 170-0783, the cable is advertised to support the LG 1010, 5350, VX1, VX10, it also supports my VX4400 and I think the VX6000. There is also another cable, the 170-0789 I think, but don't get that as it does not have the bulge in the middle of the cable (it's straight up USB, there has been some known problems with it, the 0783 has a serial converter in the cable AFAIK). Anyways, if it's for your Samsung, I think it should work, I remember seeing it in the drivers installation.

Victor Healey

Digg Apple

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Tried out what ya said and you're right.. none of them seem to fit, I guess I'm going the RPI wireless way, thanks for everyones input

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8130 Pearl
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    th3g1z -- If you want to get a cable from a retail store, you need to go to a Verizon Store and get the Mobile Office Kit for the LG 6000

Device(s)
    "The V" LG VX9800
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I think cable for the VX6000 is same as the 5450. So when I was looking for a cable, I found these interesting threads. Especially the comparison between the cables. I ended up getting one from freedomnet on eBay a couple of days ago.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=231203

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=239174

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=257048

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=261235

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    lv1 - yea i almost did that but its just so expensive

waru - thanks for the links man, i ended up buying it from rpi on ebay, hopefully i'll get it soon