Thread: Just got my i730 but no sim card

Feedback Score

Just got my i730 but no sim card

I just upgraded to the i730 for $350 straight, no extension. Now, the guy who sold me the phone took the sim card and said it would be an extra $50 for it. Instead, i'm currently using my old sim card from my i95. Is he suppose to charge me extra for the sim card? Can I call up nextel and tell them that it didn't come with one so I can get it replaced?

Thanks in advance.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    You should do one of the two following things:

Go back to the store that you got the phone from and demand that the dealer give you the sim card. (Extra $50 dollars for the sim? I never heard of that being done)

If he won't give you the sim then just return the entire phone for your money back... There's no point in spending $350 for the i730 if you don't have the 64k sim card.

There are a many things that your missing out on without that new sim card.... Insurance (Most importantly), 600+ Phonebook, Assignable ring tones....ect..

Device(s)
    I730
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score

$350?

Man i got an I730 I am thinking of selling. I could save you $100 and charge you $250 (plus shipping) WITH the SIM card. Sim is no good to me without a Falcon phone.

Device(s)
    i90c
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score

Question i95 Sim in an i730

I just bought an i730 without a sim also, and I don't think my 32k sim will fit in it, am i just being a moron or did you post before you tried putting your sim in the i730?

Device(s)
    Razr V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Re: i95 Sim in an i730

Originally posted by skoobie
    I just bought an i730 without a sim also, and I don't think my 32k sim will fit in it, am i just being a moron or did you post before you tried putting your sim in the i730?
    The 32k sim will fit in the i730. He wont be able to get insurance, and there is talk that after a while, the i730 starts to malfunction with the 32k sim in the phone..but like i said, not a fact. But everyone at CS and NRS have been saying that..whatever..
    Pos_User (That's What I am)

Device(s)
    Nextel i730
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel personal line
    Feedback Score
    Return it and get a replacement because you got ripped off!!!!!!!

Device(s)
    i95cl
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    and there is talk that after a while, the i730 starts to malfunction with the 32k sim in the phone..
    I pulled this info from nextels site :

Your SIM card is not fully compatible although phone calls and emergency 911 calls will still be supported. Your new phone type includes a SIM card that is required for optimal entry and feature use.
    this was checking on a i95 to i730. I myself just bought a i730 off of ebay for $300 and it did not ship with a sim... LOL and anyway I am a Boost Mobile customer. I will be going to a local nextel store and buying a 64k chip then calling Boost to do a sim swap. The only reason I am even gonna do that is because I want the ringtone option in my contact list.

The sim slides in from the right as you are looking at the back of the phone. Yes at first glance i got freaked out to be that tiny gap you see behind the battery, lol..

Jonathan
    Jonathan

Device(s)
    i730
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    I could've sold you a i730 at the place i work for at that pice with the sim card.

Device(s)
    i860
    Carrier(s)
    Nexte;
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by ILLPLEASA

There are a many things that your missing out on without that new sim card.... Insurance (Most importantly), 600+ Phonebook, Assignable ring tones....ect..
    I do not know, I was able to get insurance on my i730 using the old 32k sim card. The sim card works fine since I only have 100 numbers and I do not care about assigning ringtones.

And yes, I got the NEXTEL insurance.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    SoLink sells the 64k sim for $11. Why does Nextel make such a fuss.
    BTW: If you bought a brand new phone from a Nextel Authorized Representative report his buttocks and demand a SIM from Nextel. If you get no where with them contact Motorola. I believe it is a violation of the manufacturers agreement with the FCC.