Thread: Thinking about a possible adjustment, or mod if you will...

Device(s)
    LG Optimus T
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Thinking about a possible adjustment, or mod if you will...

I was kind of thinking about something. This is a really ODD thing to ask and I doubt I'll do it but I'm very curious. I'm very familiar with epoxy after using it at work day after day... (that 2 part epoxy from kmart).

The idea is, to make the power button a lot easier to hit. The Nokia 6200 power button is rather small so I was kind of thinking maybe on getting a TINY piece of rubber, which would be cut from a razer blade or exacto knife.

So I'd have this tiny piece of rubber, which would be the same size as the power button already imbedded in the phone.

The plan: to take that piece of rubber, and with a VERY LIGHT amount of epoxy (or another glue you might suggest over it) glue it to the remaining power button for the 6200. Obviously, I would watch exactly what I'm doing to make sure the glue doesn't seep down inside the phone. If it would, the remaining power button would be glued in place so it wouldn't move!! However, if done right, it would make it easier for the button to be pressed, therefore turning off the phone.

What do you guys think? Yay or Nay? Think it's worth it?

This isn't really a tremendous deal to me. It's fine for me now, I'm just worried about that rubber button getting worn down overtime and eventually becoming nearly impossible to press.

Ideas? Thoughts? Opinions?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    I take it you didn't like my idea of cutting the hole with an exact-o blade. Oh, well.

These are my thoughts and opinions.

For someone who didn't want to get an After Market 6200 cover, are you sure you want to glue something to your power button?

It could cause some damage and void the warranty on the phone and don't say I didn't warn you.

Don't do it, just get used to your little button on your 6200, since you didn't want to get the X426 which is easier to turn off.

And yes I remember a lot of things that get posted or I post.

Device(s)
    LG Optimus T
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I didn't realize until I started playing with it the X426 had a whole lot of... nothing, compared to the 6200.

I'm fine with it now, it turns off great.

If it's anything like my last phone the button will sink in though.

Dunno, I just took it apart and looked at the button... maybe I'm wrong, because it doesn't look like something that would wear easily, where as my last phone the damn on/off button was a fricken sponge.