Thread: Telus, Bell and Rogers - Per Minute Billing

Feedback Score

Telus, Bell and Rogers - Per Minute Billing

So, I've heard with all three companies, wether you are on Digital or GSM they are going to start per minute billing!

The reason is because the phone companies are saying with all the competition, they are losing money!

I think this is a joke! The phone companies make tons of money and this I know for a fact. With this being said, I would like to know if what I heard is true!

I know this is true for Telus for I confirmed it will be sometime in July.

Would someone be able to confirm wether this is True for Bell and Rogers?

Thanks,

Shane Escher

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson Z550i
    Carrier(s)
    China Mobile Peoples Telephone
    Feedback Score

Canadian Mobile Service Providers.

It is hard to make money when you conduct businesses in Canada. This place is too big and there is not enough population to support the market. That's why mobile service providers in Canada are not making money. In order to make money in Canada, the only way to do it is to set high prices to recover costs from customers. In other words, to screw up customers. I don't have faith in Canada anymore but that's my personal opinion.

Feedback Score
    Granted the size of our countries size, we have enough population to to make our economy great, it's just our governments mis-management which is making our country collapse as if we are stricken with poverty!

The phone companies have nothing to do with this!!!

Bottom line is that they just want to make a buck. As more companies/competition expand into the market (which there will be more), companies have to realize they must become competitive and offer better rates!

Canadian companies don't seem to understand this and their primary focus is $$$ With Telus, Rogers and Bell, they can afford to do this for they are large compaies and will never go bankrupt, but smaller companies expanding onto the market will not be able to do this and definitely will go bankrupt.

On top of this, if Telus, Rogers and Bell decide to do per minute billing, where the hell do they think customers will go. They will go to a provider who in turn offers better rates (such as FIDO). Granted, FIDO doesn't have the greatest coverage, they still offer excellent rates expecially when it comes to long distance.

Only my 2 cents

Take Care,

Shane Escher

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson Z550i
    Carrier(s)
    China Mobile Peoples Telephone
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Shane Escher
    Granted the size of our countries size, we have enough population to to make our economy great, it's just our governments mis-management which is making our country collapse as if we are stricken with poverty!

The phone companies have nothing to do with this!!!

Bottom line is that they just want to make a buck. As more companies/competition expand into the market (which there will be more), companies have to realize they must become competitive and offer better rates!

Canadian companies don't seem to understand this and their primary focus is $$$ With Telus, Rogers and Bell, they can afford to do this for they are large compaies and will never go bankrupt, but smaller companies expanding onto the market will not be able to do this and definitely will go bankrupt.

On top of this, if Telus, Rogers and Bell decide to do per minute billing, where the hell do they think customers will go. They will go to a provider who in turn offers better rates (such as FIDO). Granted, FIDO doesn't have the greatest coverage, they still offer excellent rates expecially when it comes to long distance.

Only my 2 cents

Take Care,

Shane Escher
    When I was in Toronto, I was a Fido supporter, simply because it offered excellent rate plans despite poorer coverage. Now, I am in Hong Kong, having a choice of 8 providers, which really makes a big difference. When it comes to competition with prices, Fido will eventually go bankrupt or be taken over by former monopolies like Bell and Telus. I wish Fido will last long, as it is the best interest for consumers.