3gcables include charger?

3gcables include charger?

Device(s)
    Audiovox XV6600
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Re: CHEAP VX6000 Data Cable

Does this cable still require teh LG Drivers? I have the Verizon VX6000 data cable and it won't work with Bitpim for nothing...

Originally posted by Ajs24
    http://www.tangshop.com/lg-vx-6000-data-cable-usb.html

I just got my 6600 and i looked around for a cheap cable and i got mine for 23.00 including shipping!! its g-r-e-a-t!
    -John

Feedback Score

Charging = BAD

The 3G Cables cable is not charging. I did some research on charging cables and found them to be dangerous. Someone warned me about the charging cables and I didn’t believe them so I called an LG engineer and also the manufacturer of Futuredial products. They tell me that charging cables can/and will fry your phone and battery. And if you get lucky and it doesn’t fry it, then it can still cause problems with an unstable voltage. The reason they tell me is that with the charging cables there is no voltage regulation and when the phone is left on the charger it can be damaged by too much voltage buildup. Just some info for you guys straight from the phone manufacturer themselves.

Device(s)
    LG VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I got my cable for under $18 shipped on ebay. Came with drivers but no software.

Easy as pie to install the drivers

CHARGES THE PHONE

Is fully plug and play USB compatible

I've already been hackin my phone up, getting rid of ALL the verizon banners (except that mother ××××er on POWER ON!!!).

Best money I've invested in the phone so far!
    I NEED A SPEAKERPHONE HACK FOR SOFTWARE VERSION 6....AND VERIZON POWER-ON BANNER HACK!

Device(s)
    lg vx6000
    Carrier(s)
    verizon wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Pezoholic
    I got my cable for under $18 shipped on ebay. Came with drivers but no software.

Easy as pie to install the drivers

CHARGES THE PHONE

Is fully plug and play USB compatible

I've already been hackin my phone up, getting rid of ALL the verizon banners (except that mother ××××er on POWER ON!!!).

Best money I've invested in the phone so far!
    Who was the seller for the cable? Can we get a link? Thanks.

Device(s)
    W600i
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Re: Charging = BAD

Originally posted by beverlypcman
    Just some info for you guys straight from the phone manufacturer themselves.
    Not like the manufacturer has any reason to steer you away from 3rd party cables. This is the usual CYA type stuff they do.

The charging cable put out the same amount of power as the desktop charger, and USB power is well regulated.

Device(s)
    LG VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Exclamation fry my phone?????

Hmmm... I was looking at a usb data cable on eBay and emailed the seller asking if it was a charging cable. He emailed me back warning me strongly that such cables are not UL certified and will fry my phone. He had links to several major providers and manufacturers websites to verify this.

Anyone have any experience to that effect? Any stories at all. Anyone whose been using a usb charing cable for a long time without any problems?

I have a similar cable for my palm and have used it for 9 months+ without any problems, but not on a cell phone. I even have 110V and cigarette light adapters for it, which I though would be cool to be able to use for my phone as well.

I figure the providers and manufacturers are, of course, going to tell me not to use them because they're going to want me to buy their equipment.

Device(s)
    W600i
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    If he had links, post them.

I have had devices for years that charge or are powered by the USB port. Never had a problem.

Device(s)
    LG VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Sparkhead
    If he had links, post them.

I have had devices for years that charge or are powered by the USB port. Never had a problem.

What kind of devices? Were any of them cellphones?

As for the links, they only linked to the general tech support page of a few phone providers and manufacturers. There were no links to pages with specific information on usb charging.

Device(s)
    W600i
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by rockwriter
    What kind of devices? Were any of them cellphones?
    One is now. Prior to this, devices such as pocket PC's, palm pilots, a timeport, webcams, scanners, etc. I trust the usb supply more that I'd trust the power coming out of a travel charger. The handhelds would be the most similar to a cellphone when it comes to electronics.

As for the links, they only linked to the general tech support page of a few phone providers and manufacturers. There were no links to pages with specific information on usb charging.
    So they had no info regarding charging via USB. Why reference them?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3