Thread: Nokia 3390 security code?

Device(s)
    Nokia 6230b
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Nokia 3390 security code?

hello

my friend lent me his fido locked 3390 to use since my phone is being sent out for repairs.

I managed to get it sim unlocked remotely, but when I put in my Rogers sim, it asks for a security code!

I tried 00000, 12345, 0000 but to no avail.

My friend forgot the code already (since he never used the phone), but he said if I took it down to a fido store, they can 'reset' the security code by inputing a master code??

That's what my friend did before (when he forgot the code the first time).

HOWEVER, when I put in my friends FIDO sim card, the phone boots up fine, just when I put in a non fido sim card it asks for a security code

I used unlock key 1 and 2 to unlock it, should I use the 7th one too

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=26aa04f696ab4126c0d5df88f82affc1& threadid=69422

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    The security code is different from the PIN and used for a different purpose, which is where a lot of this confusion stems from. The point of the security code is to prevent any other SIM (whether from the same provider or another) from being used in your phone. It's quite effective, as you can see. The default is 12345, but as you've already tried that without success, do not try anything else or you will lock the phone.

Unlocking codes aren't going to help you here... your friend needs to take the phone to a Fido store with a tech department (such as the one in the Eaton Centre). Speaking from experience, they will be able to reset it immediately. There may be other places that can do this, but I'm pretty sure cables are required.

I changed mine back when I first got my 3390, thinking it was the PIN. Needless to say, when I got a new SIM, it wouldn't work... and I couldn't remember what I'd changed the security code to...

Device(s)
    Nokia 6230b
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Oh okay thanks

Would I be able to take the phone down myself to do this?

My friend works full time and I go to uni full time, but i have a bit more free time then he does

How do I know if they have a tech department? There's a fido store at my local mall, it's really small. Sorta like one of those stands in the mall?

thanks~

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by barqy
    Oh okay thanks

Would I be able to take the phone down myself to do this?
    If you can make them believe you're a Fido customer, then yes. They'll gladly do this for Fido users, but they might not be so eager to help the competition... this is why I suggested that your friend go (besides, he's the one who turned on phone security and changed the security code in the first place )

Originally posted by barqy

How do I know if they have a tech department? There's a fido store at my local mall, it's really small. Sorta like one of those stands in the mall?
    Generally, only the "flagship" stores have tech departments. These are the big ones that have the full range of products and services. Kiosks in malls almost certainly do not. Never having even been to BC, I couldn't tell you where to go... can anyone from BC help out?