Thread: att to verizon switch, call quality vs gsm? msn hotmail?

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

att to verizon switch, call quality vs gsm? msn hotmail?

I am currently an att wireless user and looking into switching to verizon. how does the msn mobile work? can i check my hotmail as much as i want? what is the call quality of gsm vs cdma? how is the kyocera 2235?

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You can check your Hotmail as much as you'd like but watch the minutes, the time you spend on the web is deducted from your price plan minutes if you get the $5 Unlimited N/W minutes plus mobile web promotion. I was with AT&T for 2 years before switching to Verizon. With all the changes AT&T is making to their technology I fear they better merge with someone or they'll go broke. Anyway, when I switched to Verizon the first phone I got was the 2235. Overall a good phone for the price and 1xRTT capable. Sound quality and reception are good. Call quality of GSM versus CDMA: CDMA is much superior. Voice quality is much better and since CDMA routes your call to three towers at a time you don't have to worry about your call dropping when switching between cells as TDMA and especially GSM are prone to. Hope this helps.

Device(s)
    More toys than you can imagine
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by frail47
    Call quality of GSM versus CDMA: CDMA is much superior. Voice quality is much better
    One by one, slowly the truth be told that CDMA is great and just plain and simple, GSM really sucks!!

Device(s)
    iPhone3G / Sammy BJ
    Carrier(s)
    at&t mobility
    Feedback Score
    I switched to Verizon the first phone I got was the 2235
    How long did you have that phone? I assume now you replaced it with the VX1. Did you wait til you were within 2 months of the end of your contract to replace the phone or...? How much did u pay for your VX1?

Device(s)
    Nokia 6270, Treo 650
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I've been considering changing to Verizon as well however have heard that sound quality suffers in relation to the traffic on the cell sites.

Better sound quality = less users on cellsite

Degraded sound quality = higher traffic on the cellsite

Is this true or just a false rumor?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by scandal8290
    I've been considering changing to Verizon as well however have heard that sound quality suffers in relation to the traffic on the cell sites.

Better sound quality = less users on cellsite

Degraded sound quality = higher traffic on the cellsite

Is this true or just a false rumor?
    From what i've read about CDMA that the more calls you have on a specific tower the less the voice quality will become. Also, CDMA is not immune to dropped calls, if your call is being handled by the 2 or 3 nearest towers and if the phone picks up another tower (while driving around town) and that new tower that it picks up and that cell is filled to capacity, whoops there goes your call.

With GSM the tower/cell could be filled to capacity, but call degredation will not happen like it will on CDMA. With GSM if the tower is filled to capacity and you attempt to place a call you will just get a "network busy" until there is a time slot open for your call to be placed.
    Last edited by eakenn; 07-12-2002 at 11:15 PM.

Device(s)
    Samsung GSV, LG Volt, LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    the difference is that is takes 4 times as many people on a cdma cell to reach capacity limit as it does on a gsm cell, and quality usually does not begin to degrade untill the cell has reached 70% capacity. i don't know about you, but i would rater be able to make a call that was a little less than perfect than be stuck with "network busy"
    My awareness flows through the rivers of existence which pulse with the vibrance of my thoughts.