View Poll Results: Worst Network Provider in UK (overall)

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vodafone

15 37.50%
  • Orange

8 20.00%
  • T-Mobile

6 15.00%
  • O2

11 27.50%
  • Virgin

8 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Vodafone Suck..!! 10 reasons (your opinion)

Device(s)
    Nokia 3650 (GSM #1)
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone NZ (GSM)
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb

So if I complain about a coverage or capacity issue in a particular area, I have to pay them before I can tell them about it? That seems stupid. I hope they refund for genuine calls to CS.

- James
    My Website on Cell Sites in New Zealand!

My Phones:-
    - Nokia 3650 (GSM 900/1800)
    - Nokia 8210 (GSM 900/1800)
    - Nokia 6210 (GSM 900)
    - Nokia 3586 (CDMA 800)
    - Hyundai HGC-610E

Device(s)
    N80
    Carrier(s)
    Orange
    Feedback Score
    There are generally never any coverage problems... and if there is then you obviously can't call customer services to tell them!!!

You get free customer service calls if you are calling for help in topping up your talk time balance or something similar, but calling to request GPRS settings or something cost standard rate.

Device(s)
    Nokia 3650 (GSM #1)
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone NZ (GSM)
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by bjh_101
    There are generally never any coverage problems... and if there is then you obviously can't call customer services to tell them!!!
    Call them when you go back into coverage then. :-P

You get free customer service calls if you are calling for help in topping up your talk time balance or something similar, but calling to request GPRS settings or something cost standard rate.
    Ah, thats better than I thought. I was thinking they were charging you to add credit to your prepay balanace, but apparenly not!

- James

Device(s)
    v525
    Carrier(s)
    vodafone
    Feedback Score
    ok im with vodaphone and i have just 1 complaint about them
    a very annoying 1 too

when you have inclusive minutes on your contract there is no way possible to check how many inclusive minutes you have left for the month

you can call customer services but there 2 days behind or if your like me and get a contract through the carphone warehouse then vodaphone cant even help you at all

very very annoying i think
    as all over providers send you a text message telling you your remaining talk time

Carrier(s)
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by TheAnnihilator
    i would use Orange as my main network, but i cant be bothered to unlock my GX10 which is a vodafone exclusive (has the logo on it), so best option is: stick with Vodafone as main
    hmm, it seems my GX10 is already unlocked, both my O2 & Orange sims worked in it

Device(s)
    samsung V200
    Carrier(s)
    O2
    Feedback Score

Angry Vodarubbish!

I have just got to add to this thread.

Vodafone absolutely suck. Maybe i,m just bitter, but after 10 yrs with Voda, i have never felt so much hate to one company as i do now.
    I recently tried to cancel my contract with vodacon, and it is turning into a nightmare. Wrote the obligatory letter they ask for, and hear nothing.
    Get a bill.
    Phone customer services, and get a stroppy bint (no offence to women intended) with no interest/clue about CS.
    Pay the bill thinking its probs wot i owe for termination of contract.
    Following month get another bill.
    Phone customer services again and get the host from hell with nothing but "uh huh uh huh uh huh mm mm mm uh huh"
    Phone customer complaints and........................................get the same woman!! She then tells me "we aint got your letter" In a tone that says "Tough sh*t, Pay up, i dont give a f*ck"
    That threw me over the top and so told her to shove it.
    Write another letter asking to cancel. And still recieve no confirmation, until after recieving another bill i bite the bullet and phone CS again.
    "Yes we got your letter It'll be cancelled next month"
    Recieve yet another bill, then another, and now have the bailiffs letter. So thanks vodafone, from the heart of my bottom.
    6 months trying to cancel a contract.
    The phone was turned off, when the first letter was written and the sim destroyed. I bloody wish i,d used the free txt's and minutes now

Aside from that i switched to o2 because:
    1 they are cheaper
    2 the deals are better (voda lag by a good 6-9 months enticing new customers and price cuts.)
    3 the coverage is sound.
    4 customer services are friendly
    & 5 Their corporate money making image is not rammed down your throat.

So to all the Vodacon lovers out there, the grass is greener on the other side. I got bit after 10 yrs and will not return. I hate them with a passion. I have even persuaded my family and friends to change (except those on orange they are a faithful bunch)
    Vodafone suck!

Device(s)
    Phones I've had: Nokia 3210, Nokia 3310, Nokia 3330, Sharp GX20, Nokia 6600, Nokia 6310i
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    One thing that really makes me sick about Vodafone is Vodafone Branding .

The way that Vodafone brand ALL their newer phones with that disgustingly ugly red-white theme makes me sick. What is their obsession with red and white?

And then, (and I'm talking about the phones that are exlusive to Vodafone especially), they go and set restrictions on the functionality of the handsets! Take the Sharp GX30, for example, it has Bluetooth! Great! Shame you can't even use it for file transfer! Oh, wait, it was disabled. Why? So that us Vodafone customers would use MMS instead. It's the same story with the IR port. Ah, but we can use the IR port as a GPRS Modem. That's great, as long as the money keeps rollin' in then that's okay.

But then, MMS don't even send to people on other networks! (I don't know whether this is just a problem on my handset or if other people are getting the same problem too). There is also a restriction of 40KB on MMS size. What is the point of that?

These are just a taster of the things I hate about Vodafone, and I'm sure a lot of people are in agreement with me. This is the LAST time I will ever buy a Vodafone phone again.

Device(s)
    SonyEricsson T610
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score

Angry And the number one thing I hate about Vodafone at the moment is....

They RESAMPLE JPEGS FROM THE INTERNET.

Yes, no kidding people, they do. The internet you get through GPRS or 3G from vodafone is not the internet as you think it is. They're using an "optimiser" (love the phrase) called "Macara" from some company which is in-line with the network infrastructure, and it "dumbs down" pics from the internet if you're using the internet APN.

It can't be turned off, and your pics will be about 1/3 the quality they should be.

This is apparently something vodafone did to be nice to their customers, so they don't have to pay so much. Yeah right -

I bet their infrastructure can't handle the volume of data over GPRS and 3G. Serves them right for not putting in a thick enough backbone, more like! But then they take it out on us, giving us shoddy service for the cash you and I pay.

So remember people. If you want to access the internet through GPRS or the wonderfully fast new 3G,

don't expect the internet to be delivered as it was created.

The arrogance is breathtaking. I'm cancelling the 3G contract off the back of this, if I can.

Device(s)
    Nokia 7610
    Carrier(s)
    KPN
    Feedback Score
    vodafone not good. i try to make call on my phone using prepaid sim kaart and sometime it tell me that i have no money left or sometime when dont have much money, it say numbers and keep saying for long time then hangs up. i switch KPN now. Much better

Feedback Score
    Vodafone has held a dominant position in the UK for the last 15 years but in all that time they have successfully managed to tick off nearly 60% of all their contract subscribers.
    The reasons? Poor customer service. Dishonest billing practises and appalling confusion on what and what is not included in their contract services.
    So why haven't they learned and changed? Because its deliberate. A confused subscriber cannot challenge his bill or his contract.
    Compare Vodafone's opaqueness to O2's clarity and honesty and there's no contest.
    DON'T GET A CONTRACT WITH VODAFONE, YOU WILL BITTERLY REGRET IT.

Feedback Score

Vodafone Suck

JOIN THE REVOLUTION.

TELL VODAFONE HOW MUCH THEY SUCK!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Vodafone-Suck/126820823998536?v=app_2373072738&ref=ts#!/pages/Vodafone-Suck/126820823998536?ref=ts

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3