Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: What was your first car ???

Feedback Score
    Was it a convertible? There's a convertible 645 I have seen twice around this here parts of town.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers AT&T
    Feedback Score

Talking

Nope, it was a new 645i with some bling bling rims.

Nice car though.

Device(s)
    Verizon Blackberry 8830
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (thousands of minutes plus unlimited data and text)
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by TheOne
    Speaking of the BMW 6, yesterday I was driving around in my M3 and came up to a stop light. Accross the road (opposite lane) I saw a brand new 645 and a late 80's? 6 series as well. Both drivers had their windows down, talking during the red. Shoulda snapped a pic with my phone..
    that's sweet-- you can't beat the sharknose
    6 years on hofo.

If Elliott Smith had tried to fake it through the day with Johnnie Walker Black instead of Red, maybe he'd still be alive today.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ajponu View Post
    do you mean with the hopped up engine and everything else? I think they were super charged. I am not to sure on that. I have seen the old chevy caprice police cars, but all the good stuff that came with the engine is all taken out. I think they were salvage titled

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Not supercharged, just beefed up suspension and cooling with maybe a little extra HP.

But it was the 70s, there really wasn't any power to speak of.

Feedback Score
    https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/33d...7901ded03.jpeg
    Here is mine . It got great mileage!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mong View Post
    Sorry for the delay in replying.
    Wow, 16 years later, quite a delay. Just teasing a little........
    Just another day in paradise.....

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    Wow, 16 years later, quite a delay. Just teasing a little........

I've been busy

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    My first car was a pale yellow 1969 4 door Toyota Corona, black interior, with automatic transmission and it was 10 years old when I bought it for about $750 (actually $500 because the seller didn't cash one of the checks).

It was one of the quietest engines I ever had in a car. Those were the days of solid metal body construction and even with vinyl the interiors were nice quality. I dislke the newer molded plastic interiors.

New the 69 Corona might have sold for around $1800. There was minimal smog equipment and the engine was uncluttered.

The gas tank was small, 5 or 6 gallons. I think it got less than 20mpg so the range wasn't great but gas was under $1 a gallon.

I probably should have kept it but wanted a Fiat X1/9. I later bought another Corona just like the first for about $800, a pale blue 4 door with dark blue interior. I also had a newer 1971 Corona that I paid twice as much for but didn't like it as much.

I liked the boxy functionality of the 1969 4 door Corona. The two door version wasn't as visually appealing style wise.

I miss the days of the old used car market. Now they're on American Pickers stuffed away in sheds all rusty and dusty, or priced higher as classics if they still run.

I've never had anything newer than a 1988 (Isuzu Trooper 4 door, 5 door if hatchback is counted).

My last car was a Giallo California 1975 Fiat X1/9 and before that a superfantastic 1980 Subaru 4wheel drive two door standard hatchback that was tiny and ran great. Metal timing belt in those days not rubber. Clean engine compartment, minimal smog equipment, would buy one again if I could.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using HoFo mobile app

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5