Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Series 60 Apps & Games Guide & Reviews (Merged)

Carrier(s)
    •Rogers Wireless•
    Feedback Score
    Since I started this thread as a review thread I was wondering if any of you have used the app: "Phone Secure" If so was it easy to install or were there problems? I am thinking of getting it just for kicks thought it would be neat.

Also I am planning on getting the following games and was curious if any of you have used them before and if so how are they? If you can post a mini review I'd appreciate it if none of you have used them and can't post a review no big deal.

1) New Skool Skater
    2) FIFA 2003 for N3650
    3) SWAT-Sniper
    4) GTracing
    5) MVRpool
    6) SnowBoardX
    7) Steel Warrior

I recently installed "Prince Of Persia", "Splinter Cell" & "Rayman Golf" the other day... all fun to play no install problems or trouble with the fone freezing. I suck at prince of persia lol but am addicted to the golf game. All 3 are fun games to play when you're bored I totally reccomend them to anyone who is wanting to install a few games on their fone.

Device(s)
    iPhone TurboSim
    Carrier(s)
    TIM Brasil
    Feedback Score
    Hey Synncere... What would you do without me????

Anyways:

I suck at FIFA, I always loose so I'll just tell everyone its a bad game!
    SWAT is cool, but the control of the aim is not ideal... because it isnt a "fixed" movement (I think it tries to simulate a human holding a gun, so when ou press left, it isnt always moving the same ammount), so it is difficult to aim and shoot correctly.

About phone secure I think you know the answer....

I have it now... I think it might come in useful some day! works perfectly...
    Cheers!

Roy Nasser
    From Brazil!!! erm..... from Boston as of sept. 18/2002

Device(s)
    Sony P900; Sharp GX-22; Sony Z600; Nokia 7250i; NOkia 6100
    Feedback Score
    Anyone tried the "answer machine " application or hany safe application?
    How was it? any problems with the programs ?

And sorry for all the troubles that I caused before.

Device(s)
    iPhone TurboSim
    Carrier(s)
    TIM Brasil
    Feedback Score
    Jax, dont sweat it... Just dont do it again or we'll kill you!

Anyways, I havent tried that one, but heard it doesnt work on the 3650... I tried Mobile Assist, but it was really complicated to use... (Record greeting in Recorder, then go into program, navigate through forms to find an empty one, etc...) (the program didnt have a list of "active answer machines")

-In case you dont know, this mobile assist allows you to set a different greeting based on phone number-

Device(s)
    Feedback Score
    oh? So the answer machine applicatino will only work on 7650??
    damn!!! I was thinkng of getting one!!
    HOw about handy safe? Anyone tried it?

Device(s)
    iPhone TurboSim
    Carrier(s)
    TIM Brasil
    Feedback Score
    Please post more info, I havent used that one...

Device(s)
    Feedback Score
    handy safe is an application like the e-wallet in nokia 6100 and 7250. You can store your personal info in there and lock it.
    I always used that when I was using my nokia 7250

Device(s)
    iPhone TurboSim
    Carrier(s)
    TIM Brasil
    Feedback Score
    Well, i dunno... why dont you get it and tell us?

Device(s)
    Feedback Score
    I can't get any free ones, so that's why I want to ask before I buy it^^

http://nokia-3650-software.epocware...._Safe_Pro.html

Device(s)
    iPhone TurboSim
    Carrier(s)
    TIM Brasil
    Feedback Score
    hhhmmm... I got it!

No demo

Device(s)
    Ericsson: K750i, T68m, R310s (EU)
    Carrier(s)
    US: T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    jax, handysafe is on that site in that PM tutorial i send you. i haven't tried it. but MGS karting is cool! especially when installed on the MMC!

phonesecure i had and deleted. first because it seems to take up some amount of RAM, so neither opera nor netfront would work, and also because i realized that if my phone got stolen, it would be a thin chance that my friends will be there from whose phones i can send SMSs.

Carrier(s)
    •Rogers Wireless•
    Feedback Score
    Thx for the feedback Roy

Device(s)
    Nokia 3650
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Someone mentioned extended profiles. Fantastic product. Not only can you change the color scheme, background, key lock times, etc but you can schedule profiles to enable automatically, something Nokia should have put in a long time ago.

pExtender is a stupid but must have app. It enables the other three color schemes that are built into the phone but disabled by firmware (I guess some service providers wanted their own private color schemes. I'm thinking Orange here ).

Finally, miniGPS (from the same people as Extended Profiles) is really neat. It watches what cell tower you are registered with and can do a few things when it notices you are on a certain tower or group of towers you have defined. For instance, I have a group setup for home and one setup for work. When the phone is registered with any of the cells in the home group, it switches to the normal profile. (Thanks to Extended profiles, the keypad is set not to lock, the background changes, bluetooth gets enabled, etc). When I leave the home group, the phohe switches to the outdoor profile (enables keypad lock, different background, rings). Very cool app.

Carrier(s)
    •Rogers Wireless•
    Feedback Score
    jtatum thanks for the mini review on the miniGPS app... I think I'll check that one out!! I just played the following games on my 3650:

FIFA 2003/GT Racing/ Snowboard X/SWAT Sniper

All great games... no probs or crashes on the install.
    Fone doesn't freeze when you play them either. Fun to play...
    If you're the kinda person that likes to play games on the fone to kill time I would definately get these... besides Splinter Cell these have to be the funnest games I have played (great for my breaks at work lol )

I am trying to find an English vsn of MIB2 so when I do and I install it I'll let you all know how that goes.

I am thinking of getting the spread sheet program for the 3650?
    Anyone use it? If so pls post your thoughts on it...

:

Device(s)
    Feedback Score
    I have just tried out the "extended profiles ", "handy safe" and "handy clock". All I can say is......Fantastic!!!!! These applicationis are a must!!!! Extended profiles is exactly as jtatum described!!

Handy safe is an application similar to e-wallet on nokia 6100 & Nokia 7250, however, it has more features. You can store any kind of personal info and there will be a little label beside it. For example, if you stored your visa card # , there will be a little visa card label beside the number. This application is very useful for people who do a lot of internet shopping/online banking.

Handy Clock is also a very cool app. It shows time and date in your home city and in two other cities of the world. You can choose these cities from the list in the built in Handy Clock program, or add the new ones. In addition, it allows you to set several different alarms on your clock with different repeating type.

damn!! I love my nokia 3650 now!!!!
    Last edited by Jax826; 05-23-2003 at 04:48 AM.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast