Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Series 60 Apps & Games Guide & Reviews (Merged)

Carrier(s)
    •Rogers Wireless•
    Feedback Score

Post N3650 App Review Thread

There are alot of various apps available for the 3650...
    most of the common ones we have all used but there are some applications out there that alot of us still wonder about. I wanted to start this thread to post mini reviews on applications. Got a new app or maybe you wanna comment on an app you've been using for while? Share it with the room to help people decide if they want and/or need the app or just enlighten others on the pros & cons
    Last edited by Synncere; 05-15-2003 at 08:10 PM.

Device(s)
    Ericsson: K750i, T68m, R310s (EU)
    Carrier(s)
    US: T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    nice idea. ok mine will be very mini.

photographer 2.02 is great, takes nicer pictures than the built-in camera, zoom is decent quality as well. but it takes longer to save the picture than on the builtin app.

seleQ and FExplorer are both great. i used FEexplorer and decided to try seleQ and both are good. FE is just cheaper. i keep selQ on now cuz i'm too lazy to take it off and it works just as good.

irRemote is cool too. i'm waiting for them to get toshiba supoort, but they work with almost everything else. the range isn't that good, and you may as well push the buttons on the TV for how close you have to be but its still neat to play around with. i also heard that they will update it for the 3650 to switch the interface 90 degrees since its IR port is on the side, good idea!

Dope Wars is my favorite game on my phone. its not very exciting for most people. you are a dealer and start out with some money and you buy drugs at low prices and travel around and sell them at higher prices. the point is to end the game with the most money. cops come after you, as do gangsters and such. it is not 3d, just a word game basically, but for some reason i LOVE playing it. great fun for me.

netfront is the best HTML browser i found so far. i like it better than doris browser. it supports javascript and displays things very nicely and loads fast. great program.

cocktail is a cool app as well that has about 165 (i think) different recipes for cocktails and shots. it has detailed preparation instructions and ingredients. and can be sutomized to show only the drinks you can make with the ingredients you have and such. it is great for impressing people.

handycar is a app to keep track of milage and gas usage, oil checks and such. i don't have much use for it. but you might.

handy dates is useful. it is linked with the built-in calendar on the phone and lets you keep track of birthdays, anniversaries, meetings, and you can set it to sound alarms a few days or few hours before. very cool and useful. lets you put in the year of birth too so you know how old the person is/will be. i like it.

handy shopper is also useful. it is a program that lets you select what you need from a list of common items, and lets you create your own items too. keeps track of quantatity needed as well, and i use it when i go shopping, so i don't hit myself for forgetting to buy something.

well thats all for now but as i get more i'll report them on this thread.

Carrier(s)
    •Rogers Wireless•
    Feedback Score
    Hey that was informative thx!! Anyone else? (IMO this should be stickied... what you all think?) Anways... I am still very new to the 3650 and haven't tried that many apps yet but I have to say I love seleQ. Although I had a problem with it the new vsn definately works great. Simple program to use and lots you can do with! It makes changing the annoying Op Logos very simple. I haven't used FExplorer yet but from what I hear they are similiar but seleQ is easier to use so for a noob to the 3650 like me should find seleQ easy to use.

The space doubler app is great aswell. It compresses really well. I didn't think it would really make nuch of a difference but when you see the chart of space saved it makes you think wow I am glad I got this. Came in handy when I was using the 16Mb card that came with the fone. I use a64Mb card now but with still use the space doubler.

I didn't like the IR remote at first but getting used to it. The range isn't the greatest but it's fun especially if you're somewhere and wanna prank around and uop the volume or turn a tv off. I did it at a pub the other day and made people think their TV was on the fritz.

I'll load some new apps this week so when I do I will post the results
    Last edited by Synncere; 05-16-2003 at 05:25 AM.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson P1i
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    WOW.. I didnt know they made drug wars for the 3650... Im an addict.. I play on my palm and my pc whenever I get the chance. Hey punkserb you think you can email me that along with netfront? If you can my email is [email protected]. Thanks in advance
    IN.Y.
    WTC 9-11
    Never Forget

Carrier(s)
    •Rogers Wireless•
    Feedback Score
    I installed Camcorder pro, DopeWars & Mobile Fax today...
    The camcorder app is great!! Picture quality and sound are amazing!! I didn't like dopewars too much as my fone kept freezing or there would be really long pauses for no reason. I didn't get a chance to try mobile fax at all everytime I opened it it idled for maybe 10-15 seconds then gave me a timed out message.

Carrier(s)
    •Rogers Wireless•
    Feedback Score
    Not to be rude guys but places to get these apps have been posted in there... I wanna keep this thread dedicated to reviewing apps so people can decide if the app is worth their time or not

Device(s)
    Nokia 3650
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    SmartLauncher - a system menu replacement that also includes a task manager. You can have custom desktops from the menu and some other things. It runs at startup, and there are 'skins' for it, you can also download a skin editor and create your own. It reports on memory and storage and battery use. I tried it for about a day, it slowed down access to the menu, you'd get a 1-2 second hesitation as it loaded the wallpaper. That alone was enough for me not to use it. The backgrounds under the icons also turned out to be annoying, difficult to read and looked crappy. I give this software 2/5 stars.

Taskmanager- A pretty simple app, that lets you assigne shortcuts to the dpad, and shows you running apps and memory use. It also let's you compress memory. I am still using it. It's main downside is that it doesn't always launch the dpad application. Nine times out of 10, when I press down, SeleQ comes up, but sometimes it doesn't. Not annoying enough to dump the software, but annoying never the less. 3/5 stars.

Extended Profiles - Additional setttings to base off of a profile, like key lock times, backgrounds, soft key associations. You can also schedule profiles to go on and off at certain times, or to be on for just so many hours (great for going to a movie and setting your phone to silent for 2 hours). The keylock alone is worth the cost of this software. Use this with MiniGPS and you can set a profile based on location (work, home) and have the desktop wallpaper change, along with the ringtone etc. This is great software, 5/5 stars.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    guys as much as i'd like too, i simply can't send all the programs to all of you, just takes a lot of time. and i don't wanna be biased and send to some and not to others. so here is what i'll do, if you ever request an app, i'll send you my tutorial on how i got them and from where and it is SO easy all of you will be able to do it.

OK, PMs sent. and if you guys would be so kind, next time someone requests an app, just PM them what i PMed you, just copy and paste it. i find myself doing many of them now!
    Last edited by nemik; 05-17-2003 at 11:44 AM.

Device(s)
    ex 3650 w/128mb, v600, RAZR, w800i, k750
    Carrier(s)
    Movistar ES
    Feedback Score
    two words on finding applications, games, ringtones, wallpapers, etc

Yahoo! Groups

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by wuduhel
    two words on finding applications, games, ringtones, wallpapers, etc

Yahoo! Groups
    there you go guys! that's what i've been PMing you all about!

thank you wuduhel, you should all take an example from this guy!

Device(s)
    Motorola MPx
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well I had an idea... Im going to make this idea a new thread as well, I have a domain, and a reseller account with plenty of extra space and bandwith, its also wap enabled... If anyone was willing to register a domain dedicated to 3650 Software and help me develop it, I would be more than willing to host it... We can also use my personal domain www.jniamehr.com, since it doesnt have anything on it anyways... I was thinking about doing something like www.s105.com on the site there is wallpapers, games, apps, information, how to's and the possibilities are endless... Anyone in? Email me at [email protected] !

Carrier(s)
    •Rogers Wireless•
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by newsbyteens.com
    Well I had an idea... Im going to make this idea a new thread as well, I have a domain, and a reseller account with plenty of extra space and bandwith, its also wap enabled... If anyone was willing to register a domain dedicated to 3650 Software and help me develop it, I would be more than willing to host it... We can also use my personal domain www.jniamehr.com, since it doesnt have anything on it anyways... I was thinking about doing something like www.s105.com on the site there is wallpapers, games, apps, information, how to's and the possibilities are endless... Anyone in? Email me at [email protected] !

Hey buddy read the rules next time... regardless of what forum or thread on HoFo ... no threadjacking.

Carrier(s)
    •Rogers Wireless•
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by newsbyteens.com
    How is that qualified as thread jacking?!?! I was inspired by the thread to start a site, for JUST THIS... WTF are you talking about???
    A thread was designated for reviews and you switched the subject by plugging your site and ideas for it... that is a threadjack.

Doesn't matter what or who's thread it is that is a no no on HoFo. You also started a fresh thread with the same info on it so there was no need to post what you did here.

Now you know... and next time you break a rule you won't be here so let it go and go about your business and enjoy the forums. Just be respectful of policies. Nuff said

Device(s)
    iPhone TurboSim
    Carrier(s)
    TIM Brasil
    Feedback Score
    Can we stop the fight and get some more COOL reviews of COOL apps!
    Cheers!

Roy Nasser
    From Brazil!!! erm..... from Boston as of sept. 18/2002

Device(s)
    iPhone TurboSim
    Carrier(s)
    TIM Brasil
    Feedback Score
    OK,

I have used it, but man, this is not at all the thread for this!

PLEASE dont put crap here! Good reviews please...

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast