Thread: switching towers and call quality

Feedback Score

switching towers and call quality

is there anyway to reprogram wireless phones to automatically choose the best reception available? If you are on ATT TDMA and have a roamning agreement with Cingular TDMA, why should you have wait until there is no glimmer of ATT left before switching to Cingular TDMA? SAme thing with a gait phone, why do you have to wait for ATT GSM to be nowhere in sight before swithcing to ATT TDMA? Cost probably, I would be willing to pay more per minute in order to increase call quality.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Google Fi, VZW Wi-Fi
    Feedback Score

Re: switching towers and call quality

Originally posted by shawnmccall9
    SAme thing with a gait phone, why do you have to wait for ATT GSM to be nowhere in sight before swithcing to ATT TDMA?
    Fortunatly with the Siemens s46 multi-band phone you CAN manually switch between TDMA & GSM mode.
    Check out my Reno Area Wireless Information & Cellular Guide website for cell site location maps, pictures & more http://renowirelessinfo.com

Feedback Score
    hmmm, that's interesting...I wonder if the Noka 6340 will be similar. I still wish that we would have two huge companies: ATT/Cingular/VoiceStream and Verizon/USCelluar/Sprint. Then, the phone could just choose the strongest signle without havign to worry about roaming while on the same (basic) standard GSM/TDMA or CDMA

Device(s)
    iPhone X, Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Google Fi, VZW Wi-Fi
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by shawnmccall9
    ...I still wish that we would have two huge companies: ATT/Cingular/VoiceStream and Verizon/USCelluar/Sprint. Then, the phone could just choose the strongest signle without havign to worry about roaming while on the same (basic) standard GSM/TDMA or CDMA
    I Agree.

Device(s)
    HTC Rezound
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    to bad the FCC won't hehe
    John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."