Thread: Who is using Verizon prepaid in

Device(s)
    iPhone 16 gig
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Who is using Verizon prepaid in

AZ or NM? I was debating about picking one of the Verizon prepaid phones up for my road travels in these states. Only for a couple times of year, it doesn't justify getting a Verizon account.

What has been your experiences with this set up, and is it digital or will in work on analog only.

Thanks.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Verizon will work very well in AZ and NM. But if you're looking for an even cheaper choice, look at Simple Freedom This network is run by Alltel who has a major presence in both states, and you can roam on Verizon if necessary. Both are all-digital. The phones are only available at Wal-Mart and the web site.

Rates are .25/min., or .50/min. off the VZ/Alltel neworks and includes LD. A very good choice if you don't need a lot of off-peak minutes and don't mind the phones they offer. Coverage is better than that shown on the map as Alltel has purchased more sites in AZ since.

-Bill
    Last edited by Billradio; 04-28-2004 at 12:05 AM.
    Bill Radio
    Mountain Wireless Network Reports & Ratings,
    Coverage Maps,
    Wireless Roaming

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Billradio
    Verizon will work very well in AZ and NM. But if you're looking for an even cheaper choice, look at Simple Freedom This network is run by Alltel who has a major presence in both states, and you can roam on Verizon if necessary. Both are all-digital. The phones are only available at Wal-Mart and the web site.

Rates are .25/min., or .50/min. off the VZ/Alltel neworks and includes LD. A very good choice if you don't need a lot of off-peak minutes and don't mind the phones they offer. Coverage is better than that shown on the map as Alltel has purchased more sites in AZ since.

-Bill
    Bill, are those Simple Freedom Nokias still unlocked, so you can use them on VZW if you should want? I know they were at one time... The ones on the pegs at Wal-Mart, that is.

Steve

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by KG4PEQ
    Bill, are those Simple Freedom Nokias still unlocked, so you can use them on VZW if you should want?
    Steve, I have no idea. If they're the same model, I can't imagine why they'd be different now. I only go to Wal-Mart once or twice a year, and it's always far away from home.

Buy one and take it back if it isn't. Wal-Mart is pretty good about that.

-Bill

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Steve, I have no idea. If they're the same model, I can't imagine why they'd be different now. I only go to Wal-Mart once or twice a year, and it's always far away from home.

Buy one and take it back if it isn't. Wal-Mart is pretty good about that.

-Bill
    Just wondering if Alltel had changed the way they do things. For my VZW customers who destroy their phones on a limited budget, I have no problem sending them across the street to Wal-Mart to grab one of their prepay bundles from the electronics department...

Device(s)
    iPhone 16 gig
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

-Bill
    Hey thanks. I think that will fit the bill for me at a good price.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Grab the 3585; you won't be disappointed by it's RF.
    -Mr. X

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    freeup CS is pure bulll shiiiet!!! as soon as my prepaid account is almost gone of $$$ im switching it to Metro PCS. Im tired of them over charging me and they not doing anything to me. Post paid CS good but justnot free up.
    PIN:3111AAC4

Device(s)
    vx4500
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon AC, formerly Freeup
    Feedback Score
    Prepaid CS has been great to me. I will everyonce in a while talk to shotty rep, but overall they are fairly good.

Except for the time when I asked why I couldn't get a certain number, and then had the manager of the call center explain to me for 15mins how a prepay phone is like a one-time-use camera...when you are done with it you "just throw it away...or...err...I meen put it in a desk drawer"...and then she kinda lost it.