Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 277

Thread: How To For CRICKET 8900

  1. #256
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5
    Feedback Score
    0
    I followed the instruction By Cid ...
    the upload goes well the song exsist on the phone
    but the song isn't playing what could be the reason for that ??
    btw my phone is audiovox 8900. just to make it clear .

    r u sure it can read mp3s ? especially ones that r orignally mp3s that only the end of the name changed to .mid ?

    i will explain my steps now :
    Regular mp3 taken , marked 20 seconds or less and exported to wav
    from wav 2 mp3 32kbit 11hz stereo changed the name to .mid and used ring tool 1.1 to upload to phone and didnt played the song ...
    so far...

    Anyone help ? ... thanks

    btw can someone send me or tell me where to dowload games it will be really appriciated .
    and if u can copy the installation instruction for it...
    Last edited by Idanohh; 06-24-2005 at 11:26 AM. Reason: adding

  2. #257
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0

    Wont Recong. My Phone?

    hi i jus installed bitpim n brewsky, but bitpim wont recognize my phone? wut do i have to do? i try to update my phone on brewsky n it says loading, but it takes like an hour so i just end up closing it..can anyone help?!

    o yea i have audiovox 8900 4 cricket
    i have a usb data cable, w/ curitel drivers
    Last edited by savage520; 06-27-2005 at 02:56 PM.

  3. #258
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    32
    Device(s)
    T Mobile Dash
    Carrier(s)
    T mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by savage520
    hi i jus installed bitpim n brewsky, but bitpim wont recognize my phone? wut do i have to do? i try to update my phone on brewsky n it says loading, but it takes like an hour so i just end up closing it..can anyone help?!

    o yea i have audiovox 8900 4 cricket
    i have a usb data cable, w/ curitel drivers
    Try using LG-VX7000 as the phone type you wont be able to do anything but navigate the filesystem, but it will be sufficient enough so you can upload ringtones.

  4. #259
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    32
    Device(s)
    T Mobile Dash
    Carrier(s)
    T mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Idanohh
    I followed the instruction By Cid ...
    the upload goes well the song exsist on the phone
    but the song isn't playing what could be the reason for that ??
    btw my phone is audiovox 8900. just to make it clear .

    r u sure it can read mp3s ? especially ones that r orignally mp3s that only the end of the name changed to .mid ?

    i will explain my steps now :
    Regular mp3 taken , marked 20 seconds or less and exported to wav
    from wav 2 mp3 32kbit 11hz stereo changed the name to .mid and used ring tool 1.1 to upload to phone and didnt played the song ...
    so far...

    Anyone help ? ... thanks

    btw can someone send me or tell me where to dowload games it will be really appriciated .
    and if u can copy the installation instruction for it...
    Instead of stereo change it to mono.

  5. #260
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hi i messed up my phone 8900 verizon..
    I changed the rfnv contents (##2250 menu) does anybody can tell me what are the default values. ill really appreaciate ur help pleeeeeaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeee

  6. #261
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    125
    Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by cid420420
    all cdma phones use brew gsm phones use java so no java is not a possibility
    you know its been a while since i wrote this but i forgot 1 thing sprint phones are cdma and use java but no brew carrier examples(Cricket and Verizon) would allow you to activate a java cdma phone on their system due to the fact they wouldn't make any money on your games and appz my bad on the disinformation but i'm only human and staying up all night can make the mind not quite work right
    "I Like You When The World Is Mine Your Death Will Be Quick And Painless" Stewy

  7. #262
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    604
    Posts
    8
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 8GB (J/A/U)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    wow, bitpim is interesting...

    anywayz, the demo mp3 on brewsky fugg'd up my phone. lol...
    and i can't find the images that i loaded(through brewsky). yes its in the phone. and i did wut the pop-up told me to do.
    anywayz... back to ringotnes, the buddyholy mp3 does appear, but doesnt play (menu>do more>sounds>ringtones) instead, i get a high-pitched ringing that sounds much like a dollarstore phone. once i enter the 'ringtones', i can't move up/down, nor can i press the menu button. it appears like this:

    x buddyholly
    x
    x

    then once i press END, the ringing continues. even after i've closed the phone.
    this is makin me GRRR..RAWR! pplz sum1 help. thnx ^_^

  8. #263
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0

    animation problem.

    I have a problem when trying to put animation on my phone.
    I overwrite with the files CID gave and restart and see the Packman sms but when I enter the SMS it says "please wait user data is beging restore..{7}"
    and restart the phone.

    any help please?

  9. #264
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    Help! I Just Bought Usb Cable For My Vox 8900 And I Am Having A Hard Time Dowloading Mp3 Ringtones.i Tried Following Cid's Instructions But I Know I'm Doing Something Wrong.i Made My Own Ringtone Through Sony Sound Forge, Now What Can I Do From There?

  10. #265
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    122
    Feedback Score
    0
    I had a Question if u get brew games from sites and other people u cant just add the info to the phone and make it work? i also have Tetris demo I tried to modify the mif file to make it unlimited use but the game wont even show up if u have a modified mif file. What i dont get on cricket site Audiovox 8910 says it java enabled but yet u cant even use java games u stuck with brew.

  11. #266
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    125
    Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by aznebonix
    wow, bitpim is interesting...

    anywayz, the demo mp3 on brewsky fugg'd up my phone. lol...
    and i can't find the images that i loaded(through brewsky). yes its in the phone. and i did wut the pop-up told me to do.
    anywayz... back to ringotnes, the buddyholy mp3 does appear, but doesnt play (menu>do more>sounds>ringtones) instead, i get a high-pitched ringing that sounds much like a dollarstore phone. once i enter the 'ringtones', i can't move up/down, nor can i press the menu button. it appears like this:

    x buddyholly
    x
    x

    then once i press END, the ringing continues. even after i've closed the phone.
    this is makin me GRRR..RAWR! pplz sum1 help. thnx ^_^
    I have only used my tool the things i would suggest is find the tone and overwrite it with a new tone in bitpim or if the filename has a .mp3 extension change it to .mid or make an empty text file and overwrite the download_snd.txt file with the blank one(NOTE: DO NOT DELETE DOWNLOAD_SND.TXT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES JUST OVERWRITE IT)
    then delete the tone with bitpim(ONLY THE TONE FILE)

  12. #267
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    125
    Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wollmann
    I have a problem when trying to put animation on my phone.
    I overwrite with the files CID gave and restart and see the Packman sms but when I enter the SMS it says "please wait user data is beging restore..{7}"
    and restart the phone.

    any help please?
    try to delete the sms and try the process again are you sure you are putting the files in the mms directory and have no other mms messages on your phone at the time it definitly sounds like you got the first part right overwriting the sms message because it is showing up in your inbox it sounds like its freezing when it tries to find the media files in the mms directory
    get back to me about it let me know how it goes

  13. #268
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    125
    Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LAD1379
    Help! I Just Bought Usb Cable For My Vox 8900 And I Am Having A Hard Time Dowloading Mp3 Ringtones.i Tried Following Cid's Instructions But I Know I'm Doing Something Wrong.i Made My Own Ringtone Through Sony Sound Forge, Now What Can I Do From There?
    well the next step would be to convert the tone to a mono mp3 and change the example.mp3 file extension to example.mid the instructions to upload the tone to the phone are in this thread

  14. #269
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    125
    Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MYAUDIOVOX1978
    I had a Question if u get brew games from sites and other people u cant just add the info to the phone and make it work? i also have Tetris demo I tried to modify the mif file to make it unlimited use but the game wont even show up if u have a modified mif file. What i dont get on cricket site Audiovox 8910 says it java enabled but yet u cant even use java games u stuck with brew.
    there is no current way to bypass the brew 2.0 encryption so there is no way to pirate software its probally just a typo i have played with the phone personally and really didn't find any trace of it just a couple of empty directories which are probally standard

  15. #270
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    94
    Device(s)
    HTC Droid Eris
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hey guys anyone know how I can add wall papers to my Audiovox 8900 I have a usb cable and use Brewsky to add my ringtones and that works great but cant view wallpapers it says it uploades to phone but when I try to set wallpapers on my phone I cant see the pics I uploaded. My cell service is threw Cellular One/Alltel also I have no clue on Bitpim if someone can tell me ho to on that I would love it thanks in advance.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Bookmarks