Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Nokia 6585

Device(s)
    VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Nokia 6585

I found a guy on eBay that is selling unlocked Nokia 6585's. I emailed one of the winners of his auction and here is the text below:

Yep. Ended up just going to Vegas this weekend and not messing with the phone till yesterday. There were a few bumps, let me explain.

Ask the seller for shipping costs. I used the UPS website he provided and added that to my order but he came back and said I owed like a $1 more. No big deal. So I go to the verizon store yesterday, and as I expected the 2 people there tell me the phone is incompatible and wont work on their system. I ended up just going to http://www.verizonwireless.com and logging in and then there is a link where you can enter the ESN (serial #) of your new phone. You wait five minutes and then from your new phone dial *228 and choose option 1 to program your phone. I then dialed my old cell phone number and voila, it worked perfectly. I definately say its worth it.

-Bill
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: Bill Jenkins
    Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 6:28 AM
    Subject: Re: Nokia 6585 Phone you bought

Here is the link to one of his auctions, not bad for $220:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...704074559&rd=1

I am thinking about getting one but am less than 1 month away from getting married. I have spent too much money recently to justify the purchase, and my fiancee would probably kill me. I know there are alot of you that want a good Nokia, here's your chance.

Maybe I can make it a business expense...hmmm....

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    Just imagine. A relatively small Nokia candybar phone on Verizon. I have to try this.

I don't know what it would be like to have a phone I actually like on Verizon.

First I had a startac, then the v60, now the Nokia 3587i (at least it isn't a clamshell, but it is too big). 6585 isn't much bigger than a Nokia 6200 - just slightly thicker.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It sounds like a good deal considering the Nokia 3589i is $199 full retail. I may end up jumping on this phone as soon as I get home.

Device(s)
    VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Bump...In case someone missed it...

Device(s)
    Nokia N73
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well guys, I've decided that I'll be the guinea pig for this experiement. I dove head first and pruchased the Nokia 6585 from the same seller on ebay to try on Verizon. The phone is similar to the 6610 GSM version I have and that phone is great.

I'll give you guys a full report on it as soon as I get it and activate it. I'll let you know what works and what doesn't on Verizon's service. If it works well then screw Verizon and having to wait for any decent small candy bar phones.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max, Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max, Note 20 Ultra 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I wish I could just use my Nokia 6225 on Verizon I can program it - ESN change works - but can't download Verizon PRL So, the phone is stuck on Sprint.

Is the 6585 a developer version? I want to get it too.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I took the plunge as well. Ordered the phone yesterday so hopefully, it will show up shortly. In any case, if the first post is correct then the phone should function properly on the Verizon network. I would imagine the phone is similar to the Walmart Nokia 3585i, where everything works fine. Will let those interested know when I get the phone.

Device(s)
    HTC ONE M9
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    I'm using a Nokia 3586i (was for US Cellular) on VZW. (Essentially a 3589i).

Here is an interesting tidbit that may pertain to those of you using the 6585 ....

As you may know, a true Verizon phone has an "Home, Auto-A or Auto-B" firmware setting. This tells the phone to "park" (sit) on either the "A" or "B" 800Mhz carrier frequency if nothing can be found scanning the PRL list.
    Well ... The US cell 3586i's & Walmart 3585's have a "hidden" bonus. Instead of "Auto-A/B", these phones simply have "Automatic.
    This "Automatic" setting searches for ANY PCS 1900 or 800 CDMA carrier, then analog after exhausting the PRL.
    In NY/NJ, where for example SPRINT was removed from the PRL long ago, but is still technically "free extended roam", you have the benefit of the latest PRL, & also access to compatible systems removed from the PRL thru this "Automatic" setting!!
    Since there is no other "Partners" in the NY/NJ PRL, others with a Verizon Phone have no service in some areas that my phone finds Sprint! .. I'm pretty sure this 6585 will have the same setting.... Let me know!!

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    I have a 3587i right now - again it has the automatic setting. Nice, because when I'm visiting Southern California I can roam on Sprint (SID 4145) even though it isn't in the PRL.

Device(s)
    Nokia N73
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well, since a couple of people have also taken the plunge and bought this phone, us 6585 users need to form a club so we can share each others tips, tricks, hacks, or whatever info we have to make the phone work well on Verizon's network.

I'll let you guys know when I get the phone by posting to this thread. Anyone else who has the phone should also post to this thread. Then when we have a count on who has the phone we can PM each other on our experiences and or questions about 6585. Hopefully, we can get enough people who will develop a good knowledge base with this phone and be able to help each other with tips, tricks or problems that may arise.

Device(s)
    PPC-6700
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Interesting... very tempted to jump on this. Anyone know what data cable will work with this. If one is out there already, it may be the deciding factor.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9550, 8330, 8130, Apple Iphone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless,
    Feedback Score
    According to the Nokia website it is the DKU-5 Data cable. That is a bonus for me because it works with the 358* series..

I to am thinking about getting this, but my only thing is the color of the faceplate.. That ugly neon green. I looked on the Nokia website and other colors are just as bad.. I wish they had some normal colors..

http://www.nokiausa.com/phones/6585

Device(s)
    PPC-6700
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Will Express Network will work with this phone?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max, Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max, Note 20 Ultra 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I like the neon green

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by powertoburn
    I like the neon green
    I can live with the colour to get a reasonably small candybar phone on Verizon.

The 3587i is a good phone, but it is really too big for my taste.

Still wishing for something like the Nokia 6230 on Verizon. Small, candybar, bluetooth, loaded with other features.

Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast