Thread: Nokia 6230 Price - How Much w/o Contract

Device(s)
    Nokia N95-2 8gb, Nokia 3250, Audiovox SMT-5600, Nokia 6620, Nokia 3650
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Nokia 6230 Price - How Much w/o Contract

Ive been looking for a Nokia 6230 for awhile now and havent found one locally for one, and for two I have only found overpriced sellers online. Then I found out that there are carriers in the UK that have this phone free with activation. (god I wish I lived in the UK ) Now my question is this:

How much is a Nokia 6230 thru O2 and can it be bought with out a contract. And does anybody know if O2 will ship a phone to the US.

To my knowledge, no UK carriers lock there phones but even if it is locked, I can unlock it. Thats no problem.

Any and All information is greatly apreciated. Thanks in advance for any help or comments you guys can give me.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6310i
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone (IT),
    Feedback Score

Re: Nokia 6230 Price - How Much w/o Contract

Originally posted by Knowledge
    How much is a Nokia 6230 thru O2 and can it be bought with out a contract.
    I see O2 has the 6820 available but not the 6230.
    To purchase thru'O2 you must make a contract or activate a pay-as-you-go SIM.

And does anybody know if O2 will ship a phone to the US.
    I am sure not...let me understand: if you live in US why on earth do U want to purchase it from a foreign provider?!?
    Why not purchasing from Nokia directly?

To my knowledge, no UK carriers lock there phones
    Absolutely wrong. They do.

but even if it is locked, I can unlock it. Thats no problem.
    Really? and what code generator do U employ for ASIC type-6 phones? To my knowledge, no one was released yet.
    Maybe you can give some good suggestion on how to do this.

Any and All information is greatly apreciated. Thanks in advance for any help or comments you guys can give me.
    Don't mention that...I'm happy if I can be helpful...

Device(s)
    Nokia N95-2 8gb, Nokia 3250, Audiovox SMT-5600, Nokia 6620, Nokia 3650
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Andytel
    I see O2 has the 6820 available but not the 6230.
    To purchase thru'O2 you must make a contract or activate a pay-as-you-go SIM.
    Thanks, Didnt know that..

I am sure not...let me understand: if you live in US why on earth do U want to purchase it from a foreign provider?!?
    Why not purchasing from Nokia directly?
    I didnt know you can buy from Nokia directly for such a small order, one phone, and I also thought it would be cheaper to buy from a carrier then a .com place. And I guess all in all: Why Not.

Absolutely wrong. They do. (Lock Their Phones)
    I remember reading somewhere that the UK providers do not lock their phones. It was either on Mobileburn.com or Phonescoop.com or something like that when they were talking about putting a ban on US providers so they wouldnt lock their phones either, just like the UK providers dont. This was around the time that being able to switch your number from provider to provider just came out. I do remember reading that, But I guess I was wrong...

Really? and what code generator do U employ for ASIC type-6 phones? To my knowledge, no one was released yet.
    Maybe you can give some good suggestion on how to do this.
    I didnt know the Nokia 6230 was different. I thought since I had my Cyblog calculator, it falls under the category of all Series 40 phones. But, none the less... I have faith in myself in getting it unlocked. If not by me, then by a friend. But, since you apparently need proof, heres a few links to site that are selling remote unlocking for the 6230. And one that sells a device that can unlock a 6230:

http://www.ufs-3.net:/
    http://www.keep-talking.net/index.ht....htm~mainFrame
    http://allgsm.co.uk/product_info.php...e16847b325f4fb
    And also, if you have a Griffin box, theres been an update that allows you to unlock it aswell.

Don't mention that...I'm happy if I can be helpful...
    Boy, I feel some sarcasm.... But sure, why not, Ill have a drink too

-----
    Now, I have to say, I hate long messages... But, thats about it.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6310i
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone (IT),
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Knowledge
    Boy, I feel some sarcasm....
    No sarcasm at all, maybe some skepticism... I just wanted to point out some aspects, hoping this discussion could be useful.
    I remember reading somewhere that the UK providers do not lock their phones. But I guess I was wrong...
    Seems you don't know well how's life there... not all UK phones are locked, but many operators have this policy (VF, Orange...also O2).
    Remember that every time you purchase an handset from the operator and you don't pay the full price for the handset, at 99% the operator SIM-locks it so that he can recover the subsided cost by the calls you make.

I have faith in myself in getting it unlocked. If not by me, then by a friend. But, since you apparently need proof
    It's just for the sake of discussion, as this may be interesting also for others.
    Pretending to be able does not necessarily mean being able to (especially for dodgy websites asking money to do this).
    It could be much more interesting if you manage to have it done and then explain us how you did that.
    As far as I know today, it needs to be done by hardware, not by software.