Thread: copying contacts TO SIM

Device(s)
    NEW P900!!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

copying contacts TO SIM

Is there any way to copy all the numbers in the contacts to SIM card at once instead of copying one at a time? There has to be a way. Thanks in advance.

James

Device(s)
    Nokia E51
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone UK
    Feedback Score
    AFAIK it's impossible, but i may be wrong - i've never found a way to do it...so when i wanted to move all my phone entries to the sim here's what i did...

put my SIM into a T68i and bluetoothed all my P900 contacts to the T68i, then use the T68i Copy all to SIM function to put them on the SIM.

It'll probably work with your T616 too

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    sorry to revive a dead topic but i'm havin the same problem...

is there still no way to copy your contacts TO your sim card????

this has got to be the stoooopidest thing i've ever heard...

getting rid of my p900 soon and i want to do a hard reset before i sell it... and before i can do that, i need to pull out all my contact info... and preferably put all the contact numbers onto the sim...

any alternatives out there??? other than syncing in outlook and using bluetooth...

both aren't viable cuz i don't have another phone right now...

Device(s)
    Ericsson: K750i, T68m, R310s (EU)
    Carrier(s)
    US: T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    wow i can't beleive p900 doesn't have this feature!

Device(s)
    P910
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin
    Feedback Score
    You can copy contact one at a time but there is a very simple reason why you cant copy all to sim.
    The P900 is a business phone and it is assumed that you are going to have :

a. Lots of contacts, and

b. Multiple number entries per contact

Seeing as how a SIM entry only has a name and a number, copying all your contact data to the SIM is going make a complete mess and in most cases wont have room enought to store all the numbers.

Thats how I see it anyway..

Feedback Score
    Actually, the SE phones that have the "Copy All to SIM" feature (like the T68i) have a great way of handling multiple numbers per contact. When it copies them to the SIM it appends a "/' + a letter denoting what the number represents. So for example:

Bob @ Home > Bob/H
    Bob @ Mobile > Bob/M
    Bob @ Work > Bob/W

And I think the newer SE phones (like the T616) can even recognize a SIM that has this formatting so when you copy them back to the phone it organizes the phone numbers under the right name.

However br0x is correct in stating that the SIM typcially won't have enough capacity if the P900 was used closer to it's potential as a business phone.