Thread: Strange question

Device(s)
    S55
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up Strange question

Could I get o2 to write me a reference to say I've paid my bills on time without trouble?

As a loyal customer an 'all

Feedback Score
    Might I ask why?

I notice in your Location you have "United Kingdom & Sydney (soon)" - does this mean you're going to Oz and want to take out a contract, but don't want to get hit with a deposit for AU$1000?

To be honest, I don't think having such a reference would make any difference, though I suppose it wouldn't hurt.

What you could do would be to phone customer services and ask them to do it. Note the customer services rep's name (either first & surname, or first & extension number), because it seems like something they say they'd do then it'd never arrive.

Once in Australia I'd go to a network shop (a Telstra shop for example), rather than a reseller. Explain the situation and ask that they speak to their credit & risk department, perhaps faxing over your O2-headed letter (preferably with contact details for the CS rep, so it can be verified if necessary). Obviously take as much ID as you can (passport, drivers licence, credit cards, bank statements for your new address, utility bills, all you can think of), and hopefully you would get stung with a moderate deposit. If you already have a job lined up, take something to prove it.

Something else you could perhaps do would be to get Equifax/Experian to send you out a copy of your credit record. Take that with you and see if the credit & risk dept. will take a look.

In my experience, this stuff won't make a difference in the UK (at o2 at least), and the £200 deposit is standard. However, I've read people talking about getting deposits reduced for US networks... so it could be done.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on

Device(s)
    S55
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the response

However...(you're gonna be p*ssed at this one)...it's just to prove that I can pay things on time, so that, when I move out of living from hostels and into an apartment then I prove I'm a good bloke.

I already have a Telstra PayG SIM lent to me by a friend.

One thing that is important and I'd like to know. My contract expires nowish and I'm going to PAC my number back to O2 PayG - do I need to buy a new SIM or...can they downgrade my current SIM. Also as I'm leaving that number behind in the UK, how often would I need to get someone to use it to keep it active?

I'll also try the reference.

Thanks again for your time.