Thread: What to do with old pcs phones

Device(s)
    SE T637
    Carrier(s)
    ATT GSM
    Feedback Score

Question What to do with old pcs phones

Hello,

We recently ported out of Sprint and closed our accounts. I now have two SprintPCS phones that are about 2yrs old. Even though my account is closed, the phones still seem active - if I dial out, I get a msg that says 'this call will cost...'

I'd like to give the phones away, but wonder if I need to do anything special first to inactivate the pcs#? (want to make sure I don't end up with any random charges)

Please advise!

Thanks!

Device(s)
    HTC Apache/PPC-6700
    Carrier(s)
    The New Sprint, Getting Worse For Consumers Every Day™
    Feedback Score
    nope, just make sure theres a $0 balance on the account and the phones can be activated by anyone.

Feedback Score
    an inactive phone will still be able to make calls, but since it's not active on an account, the caller will have to pay for the call by credit card, and will often get the "Welcome to the American Roaming Network" message (or something similar, depends on location)...don't worry about it, as long as your account is closed, the calls will not be billed to it...you can also take it to a Sprint store and ask them to change the CTN/MSID in the programming...tell 'em it's an old phone that you're giving to charity (local battered women's shelters are a good choice if you're giving the phone away)

Keep the Faith,

Lance