Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth adapters

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note8 (16-Present)
    Carrier(s)
    Ameritech (95-99); Sprint (99-02); Nextel (03-04); ATT (05-08); T-Mobile (08-Present)
    Feedback Score

D-Link DBT-120

I use a D-Link DBT-120 on my Power Mac G4...Running OS X 10.3.5 with iSync 1.5, I have NO problems, and I can sync anything, including all the new celly's (Nokia 6620). I bought it for $45 the first time and I let my brother's have it (Nokia 3600 and Nokia 3620). I bought another one for me @ $30. Waiting for it now
    Hunger is the best sauce.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6620
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score

Belkin

Got the Belkin F8T001 using Nokia 6620

Installed the software and it works like a charm, I believe it is one of the adapters with the longest range, box says 100 meters, but I get about 20 meters through 3 walls. Since I have not tried one of the other 10 meter devices I don't know if it really does make it work at a greater range or if the phone is limited by the 10 meter standard. Maybe somebody could shed some light on that.

Have tried it on varies PCs. Without SP2 it needs the software installed first and works great with instant file transfer to "bluetooth exchange folders" in My Documents. On PC's running SP2 it recognizes the device plug and play, does not even need to install the software drivers. However in this case it does not allow instant transfer of files with the SP2 bluetooth interface you have to click on receive files on the pc before you can send it from the phone.

Nokia pc suite works great with it, just remember that if you intalled PC suite before you got your bluetooth device, than you have to reinstall it, so it can recognize the drivers.

I Had first bought the Iomega bluetooth but I returned it hoping this one was completely plug and play on XP sp1, so I could just take it with me and use it on any pc without installing drivers but I guess none of them are that compatible, and I was really satisfied with the range and small size of this one. So unless someone points out one that is completely plug and play and needs no drivers, and is still compatible with nokia pc suite, than please let me know.

Device(s)
    bunch of phones
    Carrier(s)
    fido
    Feedback Score
    TDK BT users with SP2 here is help...

CLICK THIS LINK

Device(s)
    Nokia 6600
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    what do ya'll think bout this BT adapter...i can get it for a pretty cheap price... $30 CDN...

http://www.byteccusa.com/product/network/BT-301U%20.htm

as opposed to anything else thats branded which is almost double the price of this with less features... like the D-Link DBT-120 which is $60 and only 10 meters in range!

Device(s)
    iPhone, Android, S60 and many more.
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (Feb 2001-2012, 2013-Present), Verizon LTE 2011-2013, MetroPCS 2013
    Feedback Score
    The range of the adapter only matter if you're going to connect it with other devices with the same range. BT phones only have a range of 10m, so anything else the BT adapter is capable of won't matter when connecting to your phone.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    twitter | Facebook

Device(s)
    Nokia 6600
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    aite...but what do u think of the cheap bluetooth adapter...its onlt $30 CDN..i like the price very much!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by lakshyt
    aite...but what do u think of the cheap bluetooth adapter...its onlt $30 CDN..i like the price very much!
    Don't know anything about that one. I've got two PenBlue's that work well at our house.

Device(s)
    Ericsson: K750i, T68m, R310s (EU)
    Carrier(s)
    US: T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    i have the cheapest most generic dongle i could find on ebay 2 years ago. microtune (never heard of it), but it uses the WIDCOMM drivers. it works like a charm.

guys, unless you're looking for super range, don't look at brand names, just get the cheapest that you can or a design you like. they're all the same.
    i prefer WIDCOMM based ones though over anything else.

Device(s)
    bunch of phones
    Carrier(s)
    fido
    Feedback Score
    ^ 2nd that, widcomm is cool, a lot better than that shi*ty Microsoft BT on SP2...

Device(s)
    Nokia 6600
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    i just bought a generic bluetooth adapter 2 days ago for 30 bucks... working pretty good... i installed SP2 cuz i hard it supported bluetooth better...and it did..i am using the SP2 drivers... which i think are okay...better than the software and ×××× that came on the cd..i think

btw... whats widcomm?

Device(s)
    bunch of phones
    Carrier(s)
    fido
    Feedback Score
    i just bought a generic bluetooth adapter 2 days ago for 30 bucks... working pretty good... i installed SP2 cuz i hard it supported bluetooth better...and it did..i am using the SP2 drivers... which i think are okay...better than the software and ×××× that came on the cd..i think

btw... whats widcomm?
    widcomm is a company that provides BT driver, 1 of the best BT driver, much better than SP2... if u r just after transfering files with ur BT then the SP2 will suffice, however if u want ot use Nokia PC Suite and if you have BT headset and u want to use it too with ur PC, then SP2 will not be enough...

Device(s)
    Nokia 6600
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    so how do i knoe if this widcomm will work with me bluetooth dongle?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    so how do i knoe if this Widcomm will work with me bluetooth dongle?
    Widcomm either comes with your adapter or it doesn't. If you don't have Widcomm software with your device it probably doesn't you can't use it, because the device itself also has a signature that the software on the PC reads to see if it's allowed to use it or not. To complicate it Widcomm SW from one company won't work either another Widcomm release from another company.

Device(s)
    bunch of phones
    Carrier(s)
    fido
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by KrazyKritter
    Widcomm either comes with your adapter or it doesn't. If you don't have Widcomm software with your device it probably doesn't you can't use it, because the device itself also has a signature that the software on the PC reads to see if it's allowed to use it or not. To complicate it Widcomm SW from one company won't work either another Widcomm release from another company.
    id like to add, each BT has a built-in hardware address, like the MAC address in the NIC, widcomm will look into this, and the software must support it... widcomm is very particular with their sw license...

Feedback Score
    can anyone point me to a walkthrough explaining how to connect BT on 6600 to a PC. I installed, and it usually takes a bit of playing around for them to connect.

I have a TRENDware TBW-101UB Bluetooth USB Adapter.

link

like i said they eventually connect - but it takes fiddling and somehow just happens - what im looking for is a stepwise approach rather than waiting for them to discover each other.

thanks in advance.

if its been asked - my apologies - i searched but couldnt find.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast