Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth Headsets

Device(s)
    Nokia 6620
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I just checked the manual sorry, you're out of luck. 6620 DO NOT SUPPORT bt headset.

Sory, but the 6620 does support bt headset. Tha's one of the main differences between this phone and the 6620. You didn't look very closely at the owners manual. Page 94 in the manual deacribes a BT handsfree profile.

Feedback Score
    Ok, I have a 3650 and I've been trying to find a good bluetooth headset to use with it. So far I've tried the Jabra 250, Motorola 810 and Motorola 820. Below are my reviews:

Motorola 810:
    -First impressions were "this is cool!" however the flip out boom kinda annoyed me, the case was useless, and the mic was too sensitive. I could not use it in the car with the window even cracked open, and people were complaining my footsteps sounded like earthquakes when I would walk. This was with the mic volume turned down as far as I could get it.

The main reason I took it back:
    Within 2 days, the rubber ear "guard" piece ripped off"

Pros: small, paired quickly and pretty reliably (for the 2 days I tried it)
    Cons: rubber piece started ripping off after a day or so; Mic too sensitive.

I took it back and got this instead:
    Jabra Freespeak 250
    ******* this thing was huge. It felt comfortable around my ear, but I had to put the "larger" earbud on it and leave it outside my ear but pointing in or it would start to hurt after a minute or so. This wasn't that big of a deal most of the time since the sound quality was still there. The battery life was amazing - I used it for 2 days straight (about an hour or two a day and left it on for those plus a 2 day weekend of using it for about 30 mins a day * 2) before it died. The problem I did have (with this and all of the BT headsets) is that there is no indication of how much battery life is left, only that it's working and then it's dead.

Sound quality was much better, people said I sounded very clear and they sounded clear as well. I could use it in the car with the sunroof open, window open on the highway and people still said I sounded great (the only indication I was in the car was that someone locked up their wheels and almost slid into me because they didn't see the red light. The screeching of their tires was apparently VERY clear).

I really didn't mind that most people looked at me strange for having this huge thing hanging off of my ear though that might bother some people.

The final straw of why I took it back. Granted, I loved it, BUT... after the first 2 weeks, I started noticing some pairing problems with it. Pairing was very unreliable and I would often have to turn off my phone and the headset, and turn it back on, just to get it to pair properly. I also noticed that there started to be a lot more static a lot of the time. This might have been my phone though, as I'll explain at the end of this post.

There are a lot of other reviews of this headset so I'll end mine here.

Pros: good battery life, good mic sound quality, hard to lose, comfortable when you are wearing it.

Cons: bulky holster/power adapter, large device (gets you some strange looks), pairing and sound quality diminished over the course of a month; ear bud will fall off when you are carrying it around if you are not careful.

next...
    Motorola 820
    Well, they say "third time's the charm," right? I dunno about that. I decided to try the other easy to find BT headset, the Motorola 820 after the other 2 had failed me. It's much smaller than the Jabra, doesn't have an annoying boom like the 810, and they didn't include a case.

First impressions: this was a "base" version of the 810. The sound quality was much better, no one complained that the mic was too sensitive. Pairing is weird though. it goes into standby until a call comes in or you hit a button on the phone. However, there's no indication that it's even on. On the other 2 I tested, the blue LED would blink periodically when the headset was turned on and paired, and also when it was in use. The only indication is that my phone says there is a paired device and that there is a headset attached.

That said, about 1/2 the time, pairing fails horribly. This usually happens right when you need it and isn't always apparent. The device will pair, but there will be HORRIBLE static on the line as soon as the phone starts making the call. The solution I have found is... hang up (as the 3650 and 820 pair seem to freeze the phone or disconnect the call if you try to turn off the pairing), turn off the phone, turn off the headset, and turn both back on and re-pair them.

That has happed about a dozen times so far and makes it unusable most of the time.

Also, battery life doesn't seem to be as good as the others, but it is a very compact device.

Pros: small, light, good mic sound quality
    Cons: no power light unless you are talking, HORRIBLE pairing reliability, feels "cheap"

----------------
    ok, so those are my reviews so far. I hope they help some of you decide on BT headsets.

As far as the pairing issues, I am partially thinking that it is an issue with my phone (Nokia 3650) since the whole phone seems to be slow these days and bluetooth seems to be very flaky (including when I use it as a BT modem on my powerbook). I am going to try a complete phone reset to see if that helps any.

Of the 3 headsets I have tested so far, I liked the Jabra 250 most, however it does get me some weird looks. If I find out it was a problem with my phone, I will probably take back the motorola 820 (which I am actually going to do anyway) and get another Jabra 250, unless I can find another one to test.
    current devices: iP4S VZW, iPad 3 VZW, Nexus 7

Device(s)
    bunch of phones
    Carrier(s)
    fido
    Feedback Score

Nokia Wireless Image Headset HS-13W

just recently anounced...

CLICK HERE FOR MAIN SITE

a bt headset that has a 128x128 color display that u wear like a meddalion...

it even displays txt with ur slide show...

a bit big and heavy though, but it is unlike any other headset i have seen...

to round up the nokia bt headsets:

HD-2W
    HD-3W
    HS-13W
    HS-3W
    HS-4W

CHECK THIS LINK FOR COMPARISSON OF NOKIA BT HEADSETS

Feedback Score
    ^^ that really defeats the purpose of having a wireless headset in the first place. Hell, might as well build it as a full phone.

Device(s)
    Nokia n80ie (bronze)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile,
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Darwin22
    ^^ that really defeats the purpose of having a wireless headset in the first place. Hell, might as well build it as a full phone.
    The neat feature that I like with the HS-13W is that it has the screen that allows you to view the number of incoming call. That way, you don't have to reach for your pocket wondering who is calling. Or maybe I'm just too lazy to do that.

Too bad I just bought the HBH-200.

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 8, iPhone 6s+, Samsung S7
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score

'Bargain Basement' bt headset

I got it from cellphoneshop.com for about $40 with discount coupon. It came in the mail today, so I've had a little time messing with it.

As far as the name, all I can get is the model number: Bluetootyh Headset DKH-03. Even the blue box just has Bluetooth Headset on it. The specs:

Bluetooth:Compliant with Bluetooth V1.1
    Bluetooth headset & handsfree profile compatible
    Battery:Rechargable Lithium Polymer
    Weight:Less than 20g
    Talk time:3 hours, 96 hours standby
    Operating distance:30 feet (10 metters)
    Voice command:For dialing out (subject to mobile phone support)
    Automaticv reconnection if Bluetooth link is disrupted.

It mentioned being compatible with the 3650, but since I use an NGage more, I took a chance to see if it would work--it does but not as a headphone for the radio/mp3. I may hook it up to the 3650 to see how it works with that.

I like it, but not too crazy with the HUGE optional ear guard. I mean, I haven't had the headset fall out without the guard, but I dunno...I'd hate to lose it. Comes with a couple of rubber ear buds.

Device(s)
    BB Bold
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The SonyEricsson HBH-200 is a small BT headset with a small display for caller ID information. It works well with my 6620. And, it has 4 different ringer options built in so if your handset is where you cannot hear it ring, you can hear the ringer on the HBH-200.

Device(s)
    bunch of phones
    Carrier(s)
    fido
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by MobileAGBell
    The SonyEricsson HBH-200 is a small BT headset with a small display for caller ID information. It works well with my 6620. And, it has 4 different ringer options built in so if your handset is where you cannot hear it ring, you can hear the ringer on the HBH-200.
    u mean the hbh-200 rings or is the ringing still goes to the earpiece???

Device(s)
    Nokia N82 Titanium (Finland)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    actually someone told me that the hs-13w supports REAL voice dailing...just say the # number and the headset will input it for u..thats SO COOL

Device(s)
    bunch of phones
    Carrier(s)
    fido
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by angel_wing0
    actually someone told me that the hs-13w supports REAL voice dailing...just say the # number and the headset will input it for u..thats SO COOL
    that is good, but it is useless for me, coz i aint in the habit of remembering peoples numbers, i cant even tell my own number! :laughs:

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    actua;lly u do have a pt..lol...but nonetheless is a good thing

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 8, iPhone 6s+, Samsung S7
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Are there bt headsets that let you listen to the radio/mp3 player on the NGage as well as traditional voice?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    i know u can listen to mp3s, i dont know about the radio cuz i donno if BT headsets can act as antennas...

Device(s)
    bunch of phones
    Carrier(s)
    fido
    Feedback Score
    radio and bt is a BIG NO! that is, unless ur phone has a built in FM antenna...well, come to think of it, i have not seen a phone that does that... or am i wrong???

Device(s)
    BB Bold
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The HBH-200 rings, so you don't have to have the earpiece in your ear in all the time.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast