Thread: How to install .zip / . utz themes

Feedback Score

How to install .zip / . utz themes

Hi,

I have been downloading themes and dont knwo what to do with the .zip / .utz themes...where should i put them?

Thanks

Device(s)
    SE P900
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Unzip them on your computer and put the phone on the cradle. Then place the .utz file in your documents folder. Use your file manager on the phone to click on the .utz file and bam it will install for you.

Device(s)
    Sony EricssonV800/S700i
    Carrier(s)
    3G MTC-Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    In some cases just change the .zip to .utz and it will install. No need to unzip them.

Feedback Score
    Originally posted by ItsPat
    Unzip them on your computer and put the phone on the cradle. Then place the .utz file in your documents folder. Use your file manager on the phone to click on the .utz file and bam it will install for you.
    I have a P910 and when I follow oyur directions I get "unexpected end of file" file message. Is it different for the P910?

Device(s)
    SonyEricsson P910
    Feedback Score
    Most of the time the themes are not zipped, because the files are small enough and don't really need compressing. What tends to happen is when you download them then save them most people just save it as a zip. best thing to do if it is showing as a zip file is just change the file extention to .utz.

Then just put it in the "other" folder on the MS or phone memory and install it from there.

Onother way is to just BT or beam the vile via IR and run it from the beamed folder in messages.

Device(s)
    SE P910
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    alot of themes that are zip files, when u open them they contain the images and stuff for the theme, if thats the case, just rename it to utz instead of zip, then send to fone and it will work. if the zip file contains a utz file, then unzip that and send the utz file to the fone. Its annoying, i know, but I've noticed alot of people rename them to zip, presumably for some servers to allow it as a downloadable file (some windows based servers require you to specify allowed file types).

Device(s)
    P900
    Carrier(s)
    BPL Mumbai
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonP900/R102 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0 Rev/MR4)

use file manager to locate the .utz and jus tap on it u will get a popup asking to install

Device(s)
    Curve 8310
    Carrier(s)
    Etisalat
    Feedback Score
    How do you uninstall a theme??

Device(s)
    Nokia 6110 Navigator
    Carrier(s)
    NoExtras
    Feedback Score
    Cant innstal .utz Themes on my P900, any idea ?

Device(s)
    'Berry 9000
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    when i drag a utz file to the card or phone memory when its on the dock all i get is "this file type is not supported".

Feedback Score
    i was on esato was told that the backup restore might have something to do with it. im planning to only backup my contacts and master reset my phone and start all over. might even redo the firmware too.

Feedback Score
    Download the sony ericsson theme's creator from sonyericsson.com, you have to unzip the .zip file, and place the images from the folder into the right spots into the theme's creator, it takes a while to do, but that's the only way i know to get them into the .utz format.

affordable modern furniture | modern dining chairs