Thread: One last p910i Question: PDF & Word docs

Device(s)
    i-mate PDA2K
    Carrier(s)
    Fido GSM
    Feedback Score

One last p910i Question: PDF & Word docs

Can't seem to find any clarification on this. I need to be able to create , edit , send and recieve both PDF and Word documents. I really hope the Sony does this , then I'm in. I need to be able to send out invoices from the p910. My invoices have a bmp logo on the header. Does it's quikword support this? PPC does. Does anyone know?? This is the deal breaker for me. Thanx to all in this great forum , I could not have made an informed decision without it !!!

Cheers.

Device(s)
    Imate K-Jam
    Carrier(s)
    Airtel
    Feedback Score
    On the topic of reading can someone tell me if its comfortable reading an e-book or pdf book on the p910 as I'm planing to buy one & this wud be fun... wud appreciate any advice on this thanks...

Device(s)
    SE M600i, P990
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    The P910 has Quick Word, Quick Sheet and PDF+. The Quick apps can be used to read and edit but not the PDF+ app, which is for read only. Also there is an app called Quick Point, which is for reading PowerPoint but not editting. I use Mobipocket all the time for eBook reading (I have probably read about 25 full length novels in the last 18 months on my P900). I also use the Internet app a lot for WAP 2; the UK Orange WAP portal is very good.
    Jah

Device(s)
    i-mate PDA2K
    Carrier(s)
    Fido GSM
    Feedback Score
    Thanx again for your response Pdajah. Can I ask you specifically if you can or cannot use images such as bitmaps in Quikword? As in , can you import a graphic to use in a doc ?

Device(s)
    SE M600i, P990
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    @nutsnbolts

No Quickword can't cope with pictures. Unlike Documents to Go pn Palm, which even includes tables, the Quickword on Symbian only covers the most basic MS Word features. To be fair, if you want a laptop replacement I would recommend the Palm T3 or the new T5, which have landscape views as well as portrait. Having said that QuickPoint is good for Powerpoint.

Device(s)
    i-mate PDA2K
    Carrier(s)
    Fido GSM
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by pdajah
    @nutsnbolts

No Quickword can't cope with pictures. Unlike Documents to Go pn Palm, which even includes tables, the Quickword on Symbian only covers the most basic MS Word features. To be fair, if you want a laptop replacement I would recommend the Palm T3 or the new T5, which have landscape views as well as portrait. Having said that QuickPoint is good for Powerpoint.
    Nuts. Even my old Jornada HPC could handle a BMP in it's PocketWord. This is a problem.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 8G 1.1.4 unlocked
    Feedback Score
    May I ask if there are software that can read Palm-format ebooks?
    Thanks.