Thread: Two Rebate Checks for One Phone?

Device(s)
    i730
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score

Two Rebate Checks for One Phone?

Hi All,
    Long time reader, first time poster. I have a question - I received two rebate checks for the i730 that I had purchased from Amazon in May. My first rebate check came in July, then I got a second rebate check in Septmber for the same $220. I was trying to do the right thing and E-Mailed them twice to tell them I got two checks, but I think ill take it as a gift since I've never heard back from them..

Has anyone received 2 rebate checks from amazon, and have they ever came back and asked for it back? I'm going to the bank later today.. I am only able to make a trip to the bank about once every month or two due to my work schedule.

any suggestions?

Device(s)
    Touch pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    sprint
    Feedback Score
    Merry X-Mas and a Happy new year. I would take it as a gift Thats your blessing.
    May the good Lord smile on you today.....

Device(s)
    •Apple™ iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Re: Two Rebate Checks for One Phone?

Originally posted by rodin

Has anyone received 2 rebate checks from amazon, and have they ever came back and asked for it back? I'm going to the bank later today.. I am only able to make a trip to the bank about once every month or two due to my work schedule.

any suggestions?
    Good of you to try and do the right thing. If you feel guilty about it, don't cash it; otherwise, deposit it. I don't think they'd have any recourse even if they did catch on as a check is just as good as cash.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: Two Rebate Checks for One Phone?

Originally posted by Czar
    Good of you to try and do the right thing. If you feel guilty about it, don't cash it; otherwise, deposit it. I don't think they'd have any recourse even if they did catch on as a check is just as good as cash.
    Not quite true. A stop payment could have been placed. Your bank will charge you a "returned check fee" if thats the case.

Device(s)
    •Apple™ iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: Re: Two Rebate Checks for One Phone?

Originally posted by sharksfan
    Not quite true. A stop payment could have been placed. Your bank will charge you a "returned check fee" if thats the case.
    yes, if they've already placed a stop payment, the check is no good; otherwise it's as good as cash (i.e., once you cash it, they can't ask for the money back -- that's what I was talking about).

Device(s)
    Motorola I930
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Nextel must be missing out on quite a large sum of money. When purchaasing my phone after joining Nextel, they never cashed the check for it. I have been with Nextel for 2 years now and have since changed banks. They never came back to ask about it and I have since signed a new contract.
    I guess it pays to be nice to the lady behind the counter.

Device(s)
    i730
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    thanks for the responses I've done what I thought was right by asking them twice, so I still take it as a gift myself. It couldn't have come at a better time, either, lol.. I'll be careful not to spend it though for awhile.. I just gotta cash it before the end of this month, otherwise, it's null and void.. doh!

Ya'll have a great weekend!

Thanks!

Device(s)
    i860
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    maybe they there system shows u bought 2 phones.. could been a error in your favor
    "The cause of Hawaii and independence is larger and dearer than the life of any man connected with it. Love of country is deep-seated in the breast of every Hawaiian, whatever his station."
    - Lili`uokalani, Hawaii's last Queen

http://www.hawaii-nation.org/

Hawaiian-Smackahoe-warrior

Soul Survivors C.C.
    Kansas City,Mo
    &
    Hilo hawai'i