Thread: help from past amazon customers.

Feedback Score

help from past amazon customers.

ok i'm trying to get my i830 thru amazon.com

the rebate states that a 1 yr service minimum is required but why is it that when i pick a plan a 2 yr required service is mandatory???

hmm so what plans can you choose 1 yr service from?

Device(s)
    Samsung A940
    Carrier(s)
    [RIP Tmo 1/18/05] CINGVZWNXT=Tooo many Bills!!!
    Feedback Score
    yes from amazon the 2 year is required from nextel.

Feedback Score

Smile

alrite thanks !!

Device(s)
    BB Curve 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by newyork1
    alrite thanks !!
    When I got my i95 from amazon I did have to pick a plan at the same time as ordering the phone but still had to call Nextel and activate the phone anyway. And by that time new plans were out then those amazon was showing the week prior. Also I only was required a 1yr contract.

Feedback Score
    Originally posted by krs7272
    When I got my i95 from amazon I did have to pick a plan at the same time as ordering the phone but still had to call Nextel and activate the phone anyway. And by that time new plans were out then those amazon was showing the week prior. Also I only was required a 1yr contract.
    How long ago was the purchase? I don't doubt that you only had to sign a 1 year contract back when the i95 was still available. That was before Nextel had 2 year contracts, right?
    Last edited by nanase; 10-26-2004 at 05:20 PM.

Device(s)
    •Apple™ iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by nanase
    How long ago was the purchase? I don't doubt that you only had to sign a 1 year contract back when the i95 was still available. That was before Nextel had 2 year contracts, right?
    Well last September Nextel was trying to sell me an i95 with a 2 yr. In fact, they were insisting they didn't do 1 yr. contracts.

Basd on what I received from Amazon, it seems like they have the ability to sign people up for other wireless providers (e.g., Cingular) and they just follow the same protocol when you purchase Nextel (i.e., they have you pick a rate plan); however, it seems pretty clear that you're able to pick whatever plan you want when you actually sign up for service. In fact, if you live in a promotion area, Amazon does not list those plans on their site.

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm planning on buying my phone from amazon. I bought my i730 from there and now going to get the i860. I noticed when i got it i had to call nextel and activate it. But what if I dont activate it, but instead just switch out my SIM cards? Amazon still sells it to me for the cheap price of 350 something, and not the retail price of 430 w/o a contract. What will happen?

Feedback Score
    I believe that without activation, you don't get the rebate which makes the phone cheaper. Furthermore, if there is still a difference, Amazon.com reserves the right to charge you the full price.

Device(s)
    BB Curve 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by nanase
    Exactly a year ago. Though I did change my plan a couple of months ago which was a year agreement from that date of plan change.

Feedback Score
    Exactly a year ago. Though I did change my plan a couple of months ago which was a year agreement from that date of plan change.

^^^^
    a year ago... maybe that's why 1 yr contract was allowed. i know somebody that selected a 1 year agreement through amazon.com 5-6 months ago, i don't think amazon provides 1 year contracts anymore for nextel...