Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: P910a Discussion, Purchases & Issues

Device(s)
    Tilt 2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (nee Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Question MEdiaWorks vs Unlimited Data for P910a?

This is my first post on the forum, though I have been lurking for a while deciding what phone I should buy. I finally decided on the P910a, which should arrive tomorrow, to use on Cingular. I was wondering what the differences are between the MEdiaWorks package and the unlimited data package on Cingular as far as internet access, particularly accessing web mail on secure servers.

I can sign up for MEdiaWorks now but don't want to if it will significantly limit the sites I can visit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Congrats to all of you. You are in an exclusive club.

dr. RW, I have mediaworks strictly for the 1500 sms/200 mms. The unlimited internet is a plus. As far as I can see, there are no restrictions.

Also to all of you who havent used a p800/900 before, i highly recommend checking out the "important information" sub forum. There are alot good threads about questions you're gonna have (provider settings and such). The FAQ forum has good stuff also.

Anything not covered there can be asked here.

Once again, good luck and enjoy your babies!

Device(s)
    Tilt 2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (nee Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Smile Thanks

Thanks L Bo,

That is exactly what I wanted to find out. Now I guess I have one more question to which I'm pretty sure I already know the answer.

I should register for MEdiaWorks for my T637 and then just switch the SIM to the P910a, right? I mean Cingular will not let me use the MEdiaWorks package if I register with a P910A, right?

Thanks again.

R

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    To be honest, they dont know what a p910a is, much less the 900. Order away.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPhone 2G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T... since back when they were Pac*Bell PCS.
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    yeah dont worry about switching your sim/internet to your new phone with cingular.

they really dont care what phone you switch to... ive switched my sim to my p910 from my p900 and the internet switched over fine. (they still thought i was using my samsung s307 from 2 years ago, since they dont know the IMEIs my p9xx's have).

you might have to configure settings in your p9xx tho.... which i had to do both in my p900 and my p910a. i have the dialup WAP service tho that just uses my minutes rather than per/kb charge.

but yeah i also signed up my fiance's account with the same dialup WAP service to her account and then it worked fine in my old p910 with her sim in there. all the old settings were still intact.

so it should work just switching your sim over to your p910a, but i am not sure wether you will have to configure the settings in your p910a because im not familiar with GPRS and if it is automatically default or if it needs setup.

and also.... CONGRATS to all with their p910a's.

welcome to the wonderful world of GSM 850!
    Last edited by haywood; 11-08-2004 at 07:01 PM.

Device(s)
    p990,p910a
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

happiness

well i can finally input on the p910a it is all that is said to be according to Lbo. My first observation the brightness on the screen. it is also better than the one on the upgraded p900 that i have.

The one thing that stands apart from all is the better signal i have been having all day. I noticed in certain areas where i work i had no signal and now i have been floating on full signal or almost full signal everywhere i go. With att&t my internet is connection is alot faster also. This is what i call well worth it. Its worth buying the phone just for the 850 band that has given me satisfaction.

P.S. SE for life

Device(s)
    Iphone 3g
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    How has your experience been with the built in flip keyboard? Is it a gimmik? or is it acutallly usefull. I will be getting mines this after noon and coming from a treo 600 I chose the p910 for its keyboard input. I have heard mixed reviews about the keybaord but I think its a plus for people that rather use a thumboard than the hand writing recognition.

Thanks

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    keyboard (as stated in previous posts) is quite functional compared to what most people's initial thoughts were.

it is small and narrow, but the keys are not flat. they are actually "domed" shape from side to side, which makes hitting the incorrect key even less possible.

as LBo stated in one of his posts, people with (no offense) "fatter" fingers may have more difficulty using the keypad. i, by no means, have skinny fingers but its actually very easy for me to use the keyboard AND the touch screen accurately using fingers only.

the main thing is to get used to somewhat "pointing" fingers (or thumbs, for the keypad) almost "straight-up-and-down" rather than trying to press flat-ly or flat-ish.

also, the keyboard (even tho it is still a tad shaky) is substantially more stable than the p900. you may feel uneasy when holding the phone by the keypad, but its a slim chance for it to snap off.

the trick i do is to hold the flip keypad in-between my thumbs/middle-fingers (which are curled in and pressed up against [L-side/R-side] each other flatly, making a surface for the keypad to lay flat. then the index fingers are touching tips, holding up the phone itself..... then i use the thumb tips to press keypad.

kinda hard to explain, but the phone feels 100% supported.

hope this helps....... lates.
    Last edited by haywood; 11-09-2004 at 11:01 AM.

Device(s)
    Iphone 3g
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    WEll its finally here!!! All I can say right now is WOW The phone looks really nice and the keyboard seems to be very good. It does feel a bit flimsy at first and I hope the lid doesn't break off hehehe.. The first time i open up contacts or any apps it took a while is this normal?

Also I'm debating between handy 2005 or tracker? any recomendations.

thanks

Device(s)
    Tilt 2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (nee Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

even better than I had hoped for

I just got my P910a this morning and I am amazed. The screen is brilliant and the keyboard is great and eminently usable, so much better than I had anticipated. It is truly an amazing device, I've already had several people stop me to ask about it and several of my employees are already jealous.

Thanks to L Bo and Haywood for convincing me that I was making the right decision. I can't wait to try out some web browsing tonight when I get home from work.

Device(s)
    Iphone 3g
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Well let the problems beging..

I was able to synchronize all my stuff with outlook beutifuly but now for some reason the phone is not dectected. It says that its connected but i can't synchronize or install
    apps.. help!!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    no problem Dr.RW .......... i guess L-Bo and I's super scheme to brainwash all non-p9xx owners to come to the darkside has begun!!!!! (evil laugh)

lol j/k..... but yeah welcome to the club RW, and hopefully your internet isnt giving you any of those problems you were worrying about.

===================

and to Doug.... i dont think anything is wrong with your phone cus i have had that happen to me on my p900 before and i had to restart PCsuite, better yet... the computer (possibly the phone too) and all should be fine when you try to connect the phone. something just goes all out-of-whack sometimes, as technology does no matter how perfect it seems.

so just restart both and re-cradle it again and all should be right in the world. if that doesnt do it then re-install pc suite, i guess! heheheh lol.
    Last edited by haywood; 11-09-2004 at 04:33 PM.

Device(s)
    Iphone 3g
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Well i got it to work again but its strange that alot of people seem to be running into this problem. So far I'm loving the phone.. My friend next two me is purchasing the treo 650 and I feel the p910 beats it!

So far I have installed

Tracker
    Agile messanger
    Opera
    sman

Any other must essentials?

Device(s)
    P910a(Its here!)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Ok, you guys rock...and so does this phone! I haven't kept a phone for more than 3 months yet....but this one is a keeper. I set up all my mms and e-mail using the attws site and all is working great.

This phone is so much faster and more responsive than any of the moto phones I have had. I'll have some newb questions I'm sure, just wanted to say thanks

Moto

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    well my must-have apps for my p9xx's are:

Agilemessenger - an all messengers program than now has ability to send photos/voice msgs. oh and its FREE!!!!

Emame - a Mame32 arcade emulator for the p9xx (i have pacman, donkey kong, Mr.Do, Nintendo Ping Pong, and Galaga so far)

PicoDrive - a Sega Genesis emulator (i only got this for Toe Jam & Earl, but there are alot more roms i havent tried)

MGS VR Pool 2 - one of the best looking AND playing, 3D pool games that ive seen on a handheld.

Sky Force - a top-down view, forward scrolling airplane shooter game, like 1943.

Tags Tanks - army action scroller game in the MS Age of Empires/Diablo view.

Tracker 4 - an app that gives you a new theme/desktop interface for UIQ.

Sman - an all around task manager utility, that i use mainly for its file manager and for flushing tasks that are running in background.

---other than that i would suggest Opera Browser, V-Rally, Unreal Player. LASTLY...........(this is for your PC tho)

Mpegable X4 - for all those full movie quality ripping needs! (in my opinion the best thing about the p9xx's is watching good qualty movies on the go) right now on my 512mb i have matrix reloaded and good fellas in VW's mpegable quality settings.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast