Thread: Want to start my own free wap server

Feedback Score

Exclamation Want to start my own free wap server

Hello All:

OK, now that I have gotten my frickin NTELOS as well as my VXW to work with free wap servers, also the fact that wap.crjt.info is down!!!

I WANT TO START MY OWN FREE WAP SERVER SERVICE!

Now the best I found to work with as far as a gateway goes is Mobile Gateway 3.0... but!

this particular software doesn't support international ISOs (so like can't browse chinese, dutch, german, ... wap pages) also it's demo!

The Nokia Gateway software, after much BS proved to be a real SCAM! It's only good for local servers! In other words, it doesn't relay! It just points to 127.0.0.1. If you try to get to any other addy, it says URL relay not allowed! *ugh*

So... with these being said, what else is there that I can serve on my Twin P4 Xeon racks via an OC3 line?!?!? Tht is decent?

Also I wouldn't mind someone with PHP or or any other scripting experience giving me a hand on setting up an online based registration system, sort of like what wap.crjt.info had...

Well? FIRE AWAY PEEPS! if you wanna contact me privately, please do so at " prtilley(at)hotmail(dot)com " sorry for the funky notation, but this avoids google and other search engines in general!

Device(s)
    CDM 8900
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    WOOHOO! i use that [email protected] thing.. if thats down. i would be glad to join yours if you do get it up and running gimme a PM.

Feedback Score

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Does Kannel work well with wap 2.0?