Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Best Buy + MPX220 + RECALL + REBATE

Device(s)
    Nokia: 6600 & 3595
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Best Buy + MPX220 + RECALL + REBATE

Yesterday i went into a best buy with a buddy of mine because he wanted to purchase the new PS2lite (pretty tiny thing) and i decided that I would try the phone out for a few days, make sure it works at my house and what not.

First of all now there is a 100 rebate when u activate. But they didnt have any, BECAUSE they were all recalled at this location. They are aware of the problem and most units were going to be sent back.

So what the guy said was that they are getting more most likely in the next week or two, but wouldnt the ones for cingular stores already come out by then?

Interesting thing, now they have a rebate and they know of the problem.

just wanted to share

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    I'm sure the marketing folks came up with the rebate idea months ago, before anyone even had a clue this would happen.

Device(s)
    V557
    Carrier(s)
    cingular
    Feedback Score

rebate

my bb in atlanta actually had the rebate 3 weeks ago when i got it.....i want to exchange this afternoon...i guess i better call first!!!

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I heard that BBuy is slowly withrawing the MPX220 from their inventory. In one BBuy location I went to (pasadena, ca) the guy there said that they we're told that they were'nt supposed to be selling them yet. So maybe moto has now acknowledged this problem and are recalling all unsold stocks to patch the firmware. Those who already bought I guess would have to deal with moto directly. Just an update. For those who bought it, you have 30 days to return it to best buy. I'm buying mine tonight from a BBuy store that still has it in stock. Hopefully within 30 days, Bbuy stocks would already be replenished with the patched phones so I can just easily replace mine.
    I am using an unlocked iPhone!

Device(s)
    Mpx220
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Best Buy Recall

It's true. In Best Buy minutes ago-- recalled the MPX220's back to their distribution centers to patch the firmware. This is due to complaints over the speaker problem. Phones received in Best Buy after the fix will have a pink sticker on the box indicating the update in firmware. Existing customers will call a 800 number to receive a replacment phone. 800 number not set up yet---should be active within the next few days.

I cant wait to receive my new phone---I cant freakin hear anyone on it!

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Re: Best Buy Recall

dss2, who is your source if I may ask? are you directly connected with moto? anyway, just got my phone from bbuy city of industry store (CA). i upgraded my family plan (2 lines) and bought 2 phones. i've tested both phones while at best buy and called a couple of friends. they claim to hear me clear and loud enough. i set the phones in max volume. i guess i'll still send in my phones once moto indeed setup an 800 number. or i can come back to bestbuy within 14 days and hope that they already have new inventory with the pink sticker you are talking about and replace them. do you have an idea on the eta of bbuy having the new inventory? thanks for the headsup.

Originally posted by dss2
    It's true. In Best Buy minutes ago-- recalled the MPX220's back to their distribution centers to patch the firmware. This is due to complaints over the speaker problem. Phones received in Best Buy after the fix will have a pink sticker on the box indicating the update in firmware. Existing customers will call a 800 number to receive a replacment phone. 800 number not set up yet---should be active within the next few days.

I cant wait to receive my new phone---I cant freakin hear anyone on it!

Device(s)
    Nx1
    Carrier(s)
    ATT/TMO
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8800
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    awesome news. Have money in hand, waiting on an orange sticker!

Device(s)
    Nokia: 6600 & 3595
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Nov 18 is when Amazon will have the rebates you might want to wait if your porting in a number

Feedback Score

So what is the 800 number?

Anyone have the number yet?

Device(s)
    Iphone 3g 16gb
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    okay, since i know have a 5600 i might as well return one of the mpxs since one of them will be 30 days on the 16th. the other one i have until the 21st.

this post deservers a sticky. thanks!!!!!

Device(s)
    Iphone 3g 16gb
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Went to Bestbuy tonight and they had the new ones with the orange stickers.

Exchanged both of mine and they are definetely louder across the board, even with speakerphone.

I can now actually use speakerphone mode.

Still left the phone on the loudest settings for best results.

Device(s)
    QTek 8500 EU/UK with US power adapter
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by slocko
    Went to Bestbuy tonight and they had the new ones with the orange stickers.

Exchanged both of mine and they are definetely louder across the board, even with speakerphone.
    slocko... what did you bring into the store? The whole kit, just the phone? Also how long ago did you get the phone.

Thanks!

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    <---will be checkin out the 3-4 Best Buy Stores on Sunday for the "orange" stickers. slocko, what part of the US are you in?
    Last edited by cortez; 11-14-2004 at 01:25 AM.
    cortez

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Once moto sets up the 800 #, do we have any preference like for example we want them to send us the black version of the phone instead of the silver?

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast