Thread: Whatus up with my P800 and Opera?

Device(s)
    T-Mobile G1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Whatus up with my P800 and Opera?

i'm currently on the "grandfathered" $9.99 t-zones pro plan with T-Mobile. just recently i am no longer able to view any sites using Opera (6.31), wap nor html. All I get is a connected sign then nothing.

at first i was thinking it was because T-mobile finally blocked port 80 for standard T-Zones plans. but the funny thing is if I use the "built-in" browser that comes with the P800 I can access almost any (html) site aside from WAP. and i'm sure most P800 users out there know how much better Opera is for web browsing compared to the built-in browser.

anyone know what's going on?

Device(s)
    P900
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    im having the same exact problem with opera and i can acess using the buil in browser im using 4.99 t-zones. I cant seem to acess using opera. Can anyone tell us whats going on or maybe theres a workaround?

Device(s)
    N97, N900
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile (us)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    t-mobile finally (and unfortunately for all of us who have enjoyed the loophole) closed the loophole that allowed t-zones (and t-zones pro) users to surf the actual www instead of just the wap world. In order to be able to surf the net (using opera on the P900 or other phones or tethered to a laptop) one now has to upgrade to the T-Mobile Internet plan for $19.99/mo. To learn more, see the tens of "port 80" threads in the t-mobile forum.

I also am beffudled by the fact that the P900 internal browser seems to be browsing out just fine so that's a weird thing but I can confirm that Opera does not work anymore for me.

I'm still debating whether it's worth it or not.
    Last edited by haritia; 12-16-2004 at 11:07 PM.
    haritia

Device(s)
    P900
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I actually found a way around this problem by even keeping your 4.99 tzones. All you gotta do is get a proxy server. Just follow these simple instructions and im sure it will work.

Ive tried this on my own P900 using this software on 2 different networks. Both of them work, the only downside is that you have to leave the computer you are using as a proxy to connect has to be on. Dont forget to go into opera preferences and check the proxy option and type in your internet ip adress with the port #. And voila! it works. (make sure its port 25 or other known ports Tmo leaves open.) It will work perfectly!

Device(s)
    Google Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    no need to do all that guys, someone in the T-mobile forums found a fix. Been working great for me, actually it's even faster than before. Click here

Device(s)
    P900
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    ok no one said where to type in this IP adress...do we type it in the 3rd party program or the actual internet settings of the p900??

Device(s)
    Google Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Go into Opera, click on edit>preferences>proxy tab, click proxy box, under server name is where you put in IP address, port number 8080
    Your connection GPRS setting is the same, don't change anything there.
    Last edited by Baseballfanz; 12-19-2004 at 01:16 PM.

Device(s)
    P900
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Symbian OS; SonyEricsson P900; 316) Opera 6.31 [en-US])

ah, works like a charm thanks alot baseballfanz....does anyone think theres a way that the actual gprs settings can be proxied to use that ip adress? some apps like quirc doesnt support proxies and so it wont work since the actual gprs connection still has most ports blocked

Device(s)
    LG900GHL
    Carrier(s)
    Net10 on ATT Sim card
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Anyone know what to do with this problem on Net10? The only solution I have found so far is to turn off the phone, remove battery and SIM card (ATT CDMA), and reinstall all, power up. What that does is when the phone "reboots", it picks the Verisign Certificate back up. It's getting removed from phone list somehow (by Tracfone?). When you shut the OPera browser down after using it is when it happens. I don't see any way to do the mods described above on my phone. LG900GWL (same as LG300W- EU version- more or less).
    A Fool's Money Never Lasts