Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another Sprint MVNO

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score

Another Sprint MVNO

FFS, it looks like another MVNO agreement is brewing.

Reuters Article

Device(s)
    Sanyo VM4500
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    This is great news. It adds additional revenues thru wholesale sales and further validates Sprint - Nextel's business case that their merger won't hurt competition.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6340i
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular Wireless
    Feedback Score
    MVNOs don't indicate increased competition.

Device(s)
    Sanyo VM4500
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Really? OK. Sorry, it provides increased choices in products and services. Why so negative in most of your posts, mobilegirl?

Feedback Score
    i wonder why Sprint is the only MVNO seller, i never hear of any other carrier.

So far from Sprint i know:

Virgin
    ESPN
    ATT
    TIME Warner.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Maybe Comcast will be next.

Device(s)
    VM4500
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Comcast has been in talks to bring on phone service for almost a year. With the Sprint/TWAOL announcement, expect to see Comcast announce something very soon.

Device(s)
    Sanyo VM4500
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Actually, Verizon and Att/Cingular have had reseller relationships with other companies longer than Sprint has. Sprint just makes it a practice to proactively market their MVNO products more agressively. Also, I believe that they push this for positive PR purposes with the FCC.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by CDMAUSA
    Really? OK. Sorry, it provides increased choices in products and services. Why so negative in most of your posts, mobilegirl?
    It appears to me like she doesn't like Sprint and tries to downplay anything positive that happens. At least that's the way I've interpreted her posts in this forum.
    Sprint user since 1997

Device(s)
    LG vx8300, 8600
    Carrier(s)
    Cellco Partnership
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by CDMAUSA

I guess I fail to see how Mobilegirl was being negative to your post????

Device(s)
    LG vx8300, 8600
    Carrier(s)
    Cellco Partnership
    Feedback Score
    Time Warner likes to partner with a lot of companies.

All cable internet service providers are seeking ways to get into the lucrative wireless business.

Time Warner and other cable operators are going to face stiff competition as soon as Verizon Comm and SBC finish their FTTP/FTTN rollouts at speeds between 5Mbps on the low end and up to 30 Mbps on the Verizon high end. This may be a way to get a leg up while they can.

Sprint doesn't have a national wireline footprint to roll out fiber high speed internet to residential homes and Time Warner doesn't have a wireless business. This may possibly benefit both companies. Or, it may not. We have to wait and see.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by FullStrength

Virgin
    ESPN
    ATT
    TIME Warner.
    In the UK, Virgin is also an MVNO there but is partnered with T-Mobile.

Since Sprint doesn't have their own prepay "plans" it only makes sense for them to allow the prepay MVNOs to use their network. No matter is a user picks up an AT&T prepay phone (the new AT&T) or a Virgin, Sprint is still putting money in their coffers.

Contract users OTOH I'm not so sure about. That would certainly erode some of the profits Sprint could make if the customer were their own.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score

Virgin
    ESPN
    ATT
    TIME Warner.
    In the UK, Virgin is also an MVNO there but is partnered with T-Mobile.

Since Sprint doesn't have their own prepay "plans" it only makes sense for them to allow the prepay MVNOs to use their network. No matter is a user picks up an AT&T prepay phone (the new AT&T) or a Virgin, Sprint is still putting money in their coffers.

Contract users OTOH I'm not so sure about. That would certainly erode some of the profits Sprint could make if the customer were their own.

Feedback Score

Virgin
    ESPN
    ATT
    TIME Warner.
    Also Qwest and Liberty Wireless. As to why Sprint has so many MVNOs, besides the already mentioned business reasons, Sprint also has a lot of spectrum to handle these MVNOs, unlike some companies.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Besides Nextel, there really isn't a 100% nationwide network. T-Mobile is missing pretty big holes which they aren't fixing anytime soon. Verizon is pretty complete, but is missing some markets, same with Cingular which will be pretty complete when they get Suncom in VA. And face it, there's more options with CDMA and Sprint than with Nextel. Sprint makes perfect sense for MVNO's. I'm excited about the ATT one, as I don't care for Sprint's policies, but I like their network, always good to have choices imo.
    AT&T: 2003 (gophone) & 2008-2009 & 2013-Present
    Cingular: 2003-2006
    Sprint: 2006-2007 & 2009-2011
    Verizon Wireless: 2001-2003 & 2011-2013

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast