Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: MP3's ! They are RINGTONES / A Quick howto using Audacity

Device(s)
    LGVX8500 Chocolate
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    UnGMan,
    Lets try this. Email me a few of what you have and I will look at them.
    Make sure you change the extensions back to .mp3 before you send them.

[email protected]

Device(s)
    VX4400
    Feedback Score
    Ok....I opened an mp3. I selected Quick Mix. There is only 1 menu for the channels so I Split the selections and was able to delete the right channel and change the left channel to Mono. I edited the song to 30 seconds. I saved the project rate to 16000.
    When I look at the end result, the file is only 1.24kb.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Also, how do you save it without saving it as a project? It says I need a lame mp3 .dll to save it as an mp3.
    Last edited by yankees4life; 01-16-2005 at 11:46 AM.

Device(s)
    RAZR V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by yankees4life

Also, how do you save it without saving it as a project? It says I need a lame mp3 .dll to save it as an mp3.

That's your problem there. Download the LAME dll. There is a link on the Audacity site. Then go into prefferences and tell it where you unzipped it.

Device(s)
    RAZR V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    As a note to help people. I've found it much faster to trim the song to the section I want before doing the quick mix. That way, it only mixes the part I want, not the whole song. Only takes a few seconds that way, no more than 5sec.

I've found that the phone is kind of picky with settings. If your song doesn't play on the phone, just try some other settings. I've had good luck with 22Khz and 24Kbps. The 16000 option is always greyed out for me, so I just use the 22050 option instead. I end up with 45 second clips about 130KB in size.

Also, I've found that I don't need to rename the files to .mid, .mp3 works fine. I'm using the latest bitpim and both a 6100 and a 4500. Both work fine this way. I found this quite by accident, just forgot to rename one and it worked anyway. In the filesystem view in bitpim, they show as .mp3, so the phones know what they are. Interesting.... I have no idea if this works on other setups.

Device(s)
    Samsung SCH-A950
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by TTABBAL
    That's your problem there. Download the LAME dll. There is a link on the Audacity site. Then go into prefferences and tell it where you unzipped it.
    Where is it in the preferences menu, and once i tell it where i unzipped it how do i save it as an mp3 file?

Device(s)
    RAZR V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Threeinchflams
    Where is it in the preferences menu, and once i tell it where i unzipped it how do i save it as an mp3 file?

File>Prefferences>File Formats>Find Library

Saving: File>Export As MP3

I don't mean to be rude, but this is Windows 101 stuff. If you want to hack a cellphone, you should learn it.

Device(s)
    LGVX8500 Chocolate
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks TT for the extra how-to info. We that can, sometimes assume those that are trying it also have a basic clue !

3dmac

Device(s)
    RAZR V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    for some reason my 15 second files keep coming out about 300k. I changed the project rate to 16000, cut out the section I wanted, selected quick mix, seperated the tracts, clicked the 'x' on the right track (I think this may be the problem, is this how to delete it?), set the left side to mono and exported as an mp3. Why do they keep coming out so large, any ideas?
    DRU

Device(s)
    RAZR V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I just figured out one way. Go into the preferences and decrease the quality of the exported mp3
    File>preferences>file format

I changed it from 128 to 64, is this what any of you did to decrease the size?

Device(s)
    RAZR V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Last time,
    I am trying to send the ones I made to my phone using email and vzwpix website, but it keeps saying unsupported content type no matter what extension I use, .mid .mp3 .wav

Device(s)
    LGVX8500 Chocolate
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    A1,
    After you set the project rate at the lower left of the work area to 16000hz,then do a QuickMix, do the mixed channels now say "stereo -16000hz, 32bit-rate"
    ?? This is what thet should say if you have done things right.
    Yes, by clicking the "X" on the top LH corner of the right channel info box will delete it.(it will clear it from the screen)
    Don't change the file rate. Leave it at the default.
    I get file sizes from 108k to 176k for a file of 30-45 sec.

Make sure when saving them, don't add any file info into the edit ID3 tags screen or this will make the files larger because of the unneeded text.

If you need to , PM me

3dmac
    Send me a sample to look at if you wish.

Device(s)
    LGVX8500 Chocolate
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Oh, and 1 thing !!

Get a futuredial cable and load them the right way. I can not get VZw site to do JACK for me. Data cable direct is the best and most efficient.

3dmac

Device(s)
    LG Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I don't like the sound quality of 16000. I edit my file with Goldwave and when I save it I choose 22050-16 mono.

Device(s)
    LGVX8500 Chocolate
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    enginedave: The speakers on cell phones are not that responsive, and can't reproduce bass very well. The diff. in quality between 16000 and 22050 in reality is not much noticable tonal diff. through these speakers. But cutting the bit rate to 16bps from 32bps is cutting out alot of the highend tonal quality (which these speakers CAN reproduce).
    Your file sizes between [email protected] and [email protected] is a close even trade but with as I said, Better highend keeping the OE bitrate @ 32bps.

3dmac

Device(s)
    LG Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Did I say 22050-16? I meant 22050-32. Sorry for the confusion. I just noticed a slight diff.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast