Thread: to much $ for text

Device(s)
    v60
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

to much $ for text

so does any one know what the deal is with the text msging plan?
    verizon had some great plans where i never went over the aloted amount. i think it was somthing like 600 msgs. now with att iv got there $5 o month text plan that only gives 100 msgs and im hitting up $20+ text bills. whats going on here? any one know if they are doing anything to fix this problem?

Device(s)
    razr
    Carrier(s)
    cingular gsm
    Feedback Score
    I think you're pretty much stuck with that. I've tried calling them with no avail about the same situation. I was in the same boat, I just stopped sending texts =(

Device(s)
    v60
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    damn this is going to get really bad if sms goes global with AT&T and they dont improve the text plan. im kinda adicted to the sms thing. i want my vzw back with the v60 (send as many text msgs as you want at the same time)

Device(s)
    Nokia 3360 [RIP], 6360 (TDMA)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (TDMA, NE US -- GSM in a few years)
    Feedback Score
    text messaging is better than leaving a voicemail, nuff said. i think they should give away text messaging service for free, considering the amount of minutes we get for any plan.
    I'll update my profile when the steelers win the champship

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yikes...maybe you should stop text messaging . Hah, but I do know why you can't pull yourself away from it.

AT&T's lame text messagings plans is what's keeping me away -- otherwise I'd be on their $34.99 Network Advantage plan with 500min in a heartbeat.

With T-Mobile, right now I pay $19.99 + $2.99 for 500 text messages. If I need more, I can pay $29.99 + $2.99 for 1000 text messages. The $29.99 plan already includes 500 messages, so it totals 1000.

I just used 499 of my 500 messages last month. I text everybody (a lot easier and cheaper than calling for me) and it's easier for them too since all they have to do is read what I wanted to say to them. Plus that I could use AIM to talk with people if they're online. I mainly go on when I'm bored and not at home...

Device(s)
    v60
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    exactly. and isnt t-mobile's sms global so you can talk to people in france, UK, ect... using sms? i just cant deal with the coverage use and constant busy signal from t-mobile
    im sure att has some things for text coming with the new gsm plans next week

Device(s)
    Iphone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by liquidbw
    exactly. and isnt t-mobile's sms global so you can talk to people in france, UK, ect... using sms? i just cant deal with the coverage use and constant busy signal from t-mobile
    im sure att has some things for text coming with the new gsm plans next week
    I have read you saying busy signals with T-mobile, I have been with them for a year now, not counting about a year 2 years ago, and I have never gotten a network busy signal. The only busy signals I get is when the number I am calling is busy.

Device(s)
    v60
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by steveh552
    I have read you saying busy signals with T-mobile, I have been with them for a year now, not counting about a year 2 years ago, and I have never gotten a network busy signal. The only busy signals I get is when the number I am calling is busy.
    it seams as though i am wrong then. i would have to say that t-mobile must have a decent network in your area. and maby iv been a bit close minded when iv been saying all this because i was talking from experiance in california. over here i have had nothing but problems when i was selling them and friends that had them could only complain about there service. Its good you like there service because if all there costomers where like me or any of my friends they would be out of business. props to you.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    ATT, DTAC Thailand
    Feedback Score
    If ATT had something similar to T-Mobile's sms options I would have signed up with them instead. I'm sure they'll add more in the future, hopefully around the time my contract with T-Mobile is up!