Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Thread: The Definitive "How to recover your dead phone" thread

Feedback Score

Got it reloaded, BUT.....

I flashed the monster file and it brought my phone back to life (at least it starts up) but it lost my number and all data. I selected for it to do a master reset......Maybe I shouldn't have done that. Now it won't call anyone.

What do I do now to get it to reload my number etc.?

Thanks

Charlie

Kuala Lumpur Malaysia / Gosford Australia
    Device(s)
    Motorola V3i
    Feedback Score
    In a word, you wont.. Unless you backed up your address/contact list they be gone forever..

Device(s)
    Motorola Razr V3M
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    YOU ARE AWESOME.

I was in the process of doing a s/w update with MPT when my daughter pulled the USB cord. I tried plugging it back in right away but it failed, phone would power up but flash the Verizon logo, then a white screen, then the Verizon logo, etc.

I found your post, and IT WORKED. # and * and power put the phone into bootloader mode. I then connected the USB cable and started up MSU. MSU confirmed the phone type and carrier, then reinstalled the update. My contacts, ringtones and wallpapers were intact, although I had to reset my wallpaper and ringtone.

Again, I say, YOU ARE AWESOME. Thank you, thank you!

Feedback Score
    thanx!!!!!!!!!! fixed my w495 with your guide and a little homework saved me another 100$.

Device(s)
    BB STorm
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & MIKE
    Feedback Score
    I had to recently reformat my laptop and now I lost all my apps.

I have an unlocked ( or was now ) i855 that I was using for Telus Mike. I get a blue screen during boot up. I am able to get it into boot loader mode.

However, which application would I use for it? Would PST work for Iden phones?
    Where could I find an unlocked "Monster" file?

Feedback Score

Will it ever work

Hi im using a sony ericsson w850i and tried to flash it using XS++ from a tut i found but when it was doing it i heard the noise that the computer makes when you connect or disconnect your phone im guessing it ran out of battery and the flash hadnt got far. Will this work if i get a battery from a friend fully charged and then try this ???

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Metropcs
    Feedback Score
    I've tried everything posted on my v3c, it always fails, is it because I'm using vista? I'd love to wake that phone back up?

Device(s)
    W385
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Earnestly requesting assistance with W385

Through this forum I have loaded ringtones to my verizon phone. I recently found my phone in bootloader and it would not go any further. I flashed it by searching this forum for info...Now, I have a question. I am at the initial programming required point. Can or will anyone point me in the direction I need to go to complete this process? My wife has the same model phone, so I can get some basic information from there. I need to know how to set the phone number, carrier, etc. I HAVE searched, but as yet have not found an answer. I may be overlooking the obvious. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Wow, the Hold # and * during start up brought my Nokia 6265i back from the dead. It was stuck in the boot up sequence prior to that. I had this brick sitting in my drawer for almost a year and so many time wanted to toss it into the garbage! I came across this thread last night and tried it today. took about a dozen times but it finally came back to life.

Thank you Big Daddy5!

John

Feedback Score
    My Nokia 6300 is not vibrating any ideas how I can make it work?
    A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
    Albert Einstein

Hotels & Travels | Currency Rates | Watch Movies

Feedback Score
    Really informative post...My phone also suffering with same problem.....I recover this problem with the help of information given in your post....Thanks a lot for such a good information.....i really enjoy all of these posts..
    i am here want discussing about skins..Skins give me best results...

motorola cliq xt skins

Feedback Score

RAZR v3 OA.52 firmware problem

Hi Howardforums folks,

My phone is the Motorola RAZR V3. I just purchased it, unlocked, it is a T-Mobile phone. I checked the Boot Loader which is OA.52. The phone was experiencing "automatic button pressing", all sorts of buttons were being pressed without my touching the phone, and it was opening text messages, numbers, camera, taking pictures, all sorts of things. So I tried to flash it with RSD 5.6 to the Apristel Premod Monster Pack 1. It wouldn't flash, said something about chipset mismatch. So, I found other firmware and tried that. One flashed correctly, but then the phone would only light up keypad for 1 sec. when turn on. I tried a RIZR z3 firmware, messed it up, says battery low cannot program. I'm charging battery in another phone. Can someone suggest what to do at this point.

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34