Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Definitive "How to fix your Ring Details" thread

Feedback Score
    i found a solution
    in my case the razor v3 dosent show up the details of any one style mostly vibrate&ring or vibrate then ring after reoving the custom ringtones.
    or it might not give acces to editing and changing the assigned ringtone of a few phone numbers stored i the phone book..
    but i reloaded all the custom ringtones back to audio through p2kman/p2k commander.i left the attribute to be 0..
    restarted my phone,got in to sounds in multimedia>marked all files>clicked to delete all marked files..it will delete almost all the files but asks a question for a couple of ringtones saying: XXXXXringtone used as ringtone delete anyway? click no to such questions.
    boom all the ring tones are gone except for a couple of them in my case..
    restart the p2kman.. set the attributes to 4 for the audiofiles which the phone said to be using as ringtones so that they are not deleted at master clear..
    it worked fine for me...
    but i have a question??????????
    even after i set all the ring details in each and every style to silent ,camera click sound to silent,dtmf ff,the phone still uses some audiofiles as ring tones cant we find out where they are being used as ringtones?
    if anyone knows it just let me know..
    rgards
    junior

Feedback Score
    So if I am uploading 5 second MP3s onto my Razr V3 why is it that they cannot be played as ringtones?

Device(s)
    Samsung A530
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 45R
    So if I am uploading 5 second MP3s onto my Razr V3 why is it that they cannot be played as ringtones?
    because this isn't a thread for that.

But to answer your question, you need to use MPT to upload, not whatever you're using. Or else delete the two .db's in the audio folder and restart.

"The land of the free, because of the brave"

MY Geek Toy She does a little better then 10mpg...about 17!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    thanks for this.. the motokit helped. would be nice if you bothered to mention where to get it, i don't see why it's against the rules since it's not pirated, it's homebrew.. but w/e... im just glad i can access my ringtone details now..

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile UK
    Feedback Score
    I went to PST and downloaded the Feature File from my phone, then changed all the ringer details to 0. I still can't get into the ring details after a phone reboot. Any ideas?
    -------
    HTC One X - iPhone 4 GSM - iPhone 3GS White 32GB - 5800XM NAM - Nokia N85-3 - N82 - N95 - iPhone 3g - SE k850i - iPhone - Nokia 5700 - KRZR - W600i - e815 - v600 - V710 - V60c
    Follow me on Twitter
    BST FeedBack * HeatWare * My Ebay FeedBack
    Yummy Bandwidth * Fios 25/25

Device(s)
    Moto E6 & K1
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Very quick question

I'm 100% new to modding but at work I installed bitpim and went into the folder where all the mids and mp3 are.. then I added a short mp3 file without editing it or anything.

It gave me an error but now I'm not even able to remove it from there.

Is there another way (or using another program) to just remove it from that directory? it's not used anywhere in the phone since it's a new filename. I know it's somewhere on the phone since I can see it in bitpim (but not when browsing the sounds on the phone itself)

Regards,
    E.

p.s. I know I should do it with MPT that's what I will do as soon as I can remove this file
    Last edited by Beachboy; 01-28-2006 at 01:44 AM.

Device(s)
    Moto E6 & K1
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I can't edit my post anymore.. anyways I was able to delete it with p2kcommander.

Regards,
    E.

Device(s)
    motoblk v3
    Carrier(s)
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    What are the default tones..I hit all silent and want to go to defaults.

Device(s)
    Motorola E398
    Carrier(s)
    Optus
    Feedback Score
    I have a question, If I master reset, will I loose all my uploaded files such as Images, Videos and Games?

Feedback Score
    hello ,
    i got a problem here if anyone can help me out ?i am using Motorola C650 & i was using Bezols's P2K tool and i accidentally pressed the ALL SILENT button !!! stupid me . NOW my phone is all silent . i can play music from the saved things but the phone will just NOT RING . i have tried all sort of things apart from tempering with the flex or flash . CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT ? THX.

Device(s)
    motoblk v3
    Carrier(s)
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CaMa
    I have a question, If I master reset, will I loose all my uploaded files such as Images, Videos and Games?
    I am wondering about this too..and

Quote Originally Posted by malfcn
    What are the default tones..I hit all silent and want to go to defaults.
    Still want to know this please.

Feedback Score
    i also want to kno can sum1 post and tell us. plz

Device(s)
    SonyEricsson W800i
    Feedback Score
    Tanks Very Much!
    Falar de mim é Fácil, difícil é ser EU.

Device(s)
    Motorola E815
    Carrier(s)
    Aliant Mobility
    Feedback Score
    My Homies Come and Go, But My Soldier Stay Eternal
    - Tupac Shakur [1971 - 1996]
    Xbox 360 Gamertag: andersg

Device(s)
    Motorola E550
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score

Not just custom ringtones- beware startup!

OK,
    just for other NooBs like me reading this post...
    I thought I'd read far enough through the forum to know what I was doing and uploaded a different startup and shutdown sounds over the existing ones. I was smart enough to make a backup of the originals first.

But now I have the same problem discussed in this forum- can't access Loud detail, so no ringer access for me! Also my changes reset the phone to a different ringer than the one I had chosen, and I can't change it back.

So, don't change your startup/shutdown sounds EITHER without turning everything to silent first!

Sounds like the .db files are pointing to the wrong sound files, so I'll go ahead and try BD5's how to fix tutorial and let you know if it works in this situation too.

OH, BTW, did the Master Reset. While I didn't lose anything out of memory, as you'd expect, you have to re-configure EVERYTHING on the phone to get your customizations back. (Here I use the word customizations loosely- I mean you have to go back and set which buttons to what, which screensaver, etc).

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast