Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Definitive "How to fix your Ring Details" thread

Device(s)
    Samsung A530
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score

The Definitive "How to fix your Ring Details" thread

Ok, so you've decided you hate the preloaded ringtones. But you have no idea how to delete them so you blindly went in and deleted them. Now you can't access your loud details.

Before I go and tell you what a ××××ing moron you were for blindly deleting crap on your phone, I'll explain to you what you did wrong. You deleted ringtones that were in use. For example, "loud" was using continental, but you deleted it, so it has no idea what to do but kick you to the main menu. Next time, make SURE you go through EACH detail and set them all to silent before you delete all the garbage you don't want.

Now, how to fix it. There's two ways. One is by PST, you go into PST and change all the detais to silent or 0. I can't remember exactly, but if I remember right, you go to "new" and make a new "Feature file." Read it from the phone then change everything to 0 in the details. Reupload that to your phone and it should work.

The second way is to reflex. This isn't the most popular option, but it's the easiest and usually gaurantees success. Reflex, then delete the ringtones like I explained how above.

"The land of the free, because of the brave"

MY Geek Toy She does a little better then 10mpg...about 17!

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    tmo
    Feedback Score
    the other method is to upload all of the deleted tones (given that you have backed them up), delete the two .db files, restart the phone, check to see if you can get into the ring details. if so, then follow the instructions in this guide carefully

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=483121

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by DS
    the other method is to upload all of the deleted tones (given that you have backed them up), delete the two .db files, restart the phone, check to see if you can get into the ring details. if so, then follow the instructions in this guide carefully

I ended up deleting the two db files and restarting the phone...

Device(s)
    iPhone IVS | 9900 B0ldTouchDizzle
    Carrier(s)
    The one who pays me to use their service
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    thanks for the info guys., db files were my failure.

hey instead of manually doing the SILENT allocation., use motokit, and there's one click of a button that does all that for you. Very phat software

Device(s)
    Sidekick ID
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Unhappy

Hello...im having the ring details problem on my v220. I have done the thing with PST, and it didnt work. In additon to the ring details problem i am also having problems scrolling through my ringtones, when i try to, it bumps me back to the settings menu. also, when i try to set a ringtone to a specific id, the ringtone doesnt play when they call, it just beeps. ive been reading through the threads all week, so im sorry if ive missed any articles on here that could fix my problem - if i have, i know what ur thinking..**** n00bies... so i apologize. but if someone can, please please help me. I was thinking, what if i had someone with the same phone as me also with cingular saved/backed up all the files like that on their phone, if i sent it onto my phone would that fix it? i dunno..it was just athought..

if you have aim, my name is imjustagirl2314 or yahoo its: mari_ziegler

Thanks
    mari

Device(s)
    Sidekick ID
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by DS

OK, so im a moron and didnt back up my files...is it possible that someone on here could have them to send to me??

Thanks..
    obviously i couldnt try this method since i dont have the back ups...i know...i know...stupid n00bs...sorry lol

Marianne

Device(s)
    Motorola V551
    Feedback Score

Ring Details Problem

Sorry guys, but i'm new at this stuff and am not able to follow along. I've tried correcting the problem for the ring details, but my efforts are useless... Yes, you may have guessed it, i'm one of the XXXXing morons that blindly deleted some sort of ringtone file and not backing it up. To be honest with you, although i've read the instructions for fixing this problems, i still don't know what to do. I read somewhere about "reflexing", how do i do that? I've also read something about PST... what is that??? By the way, i have a V551, in case that helps any. I tried the whole "deleting of the two .db files and restarting the phone, but it didn't help (and i tried changing all the ring ids to silent, the best i could) If anyone could give me a step by step instruction, i would greatly appreciate it. please either post it here, or email me at [email protected]. I have both the P2Kman program, and the Moto Kit.

Device(s)
    Samsung A530
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score
    Your questions are answered in HF11's Sticky in the main moto forum.

Device(s)
    Sidekick ID
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    hey, thanks guys, but by some miracle, my phone decided to work right. cuz i had tried all that stuff before i went to bed..nothing..was still acting up, then last nite, right after i posted might i add...i decided to master reset and master clear.....and voila. it was back to normal. im not sure why, cuz i did that the night before..and it did nothing..but whatever.it works lol..thanks anyways.

mari

Device(s)
    Moto V220
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Okay, I'll admit to being a xxxxing moron and blindly deleting the preinstalled ringtones. The deleting the db files didn't work for me, but PST worked great. I am now going to PROPERLY delete the preinstalled ringtones by following the instructions in this forum. Thank you for the guides you've provided!

Device(s)
    E398
    Feedback Score
    Hi Everyone ,

I facing above problem when i try to clear some ringtone on my E398 ... i tried to master reset and master clear but it required password ... anyone know the password please email me thanks
    Thanks & Regards

Device(s)
    E398
    Feedback Score
    Hi all ... just want to share ... my phone work fine after did the master reset ... thanks this forum ...

Device(s)
    E398
    Carrier(s)
    Connex
    Feedback Score
    guys guys guys!!!
    the first thing u should do when you open p2kman for the first time is to back up all the files you find there, AND all the seem files.
    after doin' that, you can do anything you want with your phone, but first, for god's sake, always make a backup copy!!!

Device(s)
    SE W600i_w300i_K700i_s710a_T226_T310
    Carrier(s)
    ROGERS
    Feedback Score
    thnks hofo.

my details were shot until i try this posting.
    now fixed.

thank you
    terto

Device(s)
    MOTOROLA
    Feedback Score
    Hi BigDaddy5,
    Where can i download a PST software as you mention? Can you provide a link for the download?

Thanks
    JQ
    JQ

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast