Thread: I'm a happy TMO customer now but let me tell you...

Feedback Score

I'm a happy TMO customer now but let me tell you...

Well, some of you read my other post and know how I was getting jerked around for a while. I'm happy to say that everything has been cleared up and fixed. I'm very happy with my phone, coverage and provider. I called up my old provider to tell them "Can you see me going now!?"
    There is one thing that I would like to mention about TMO CS. As I mentioned, I had a ruff start as a new customer. They couldn't find my account number and so on. I talked to one rep after another with no resolve for the longest time. And as I somewhat joked about before, I did get some reps that sounded like the guy from "Dude, Where's my Car?" They even told me to go to an actual store to fix the problem. After calling them up again and again, I finally got a very polite and seasoned rep that fixed the problem in 5 minutes what took all those young punks much time to come to no resolve. The one rep that fixed the problem was a lady that I could tell was middle aged. I say this because of her voice and just the things we talked about. This experience once again reinforces my theory that with age comes wisdom and the ability to problem solve much better. Those younger punks I dealt with for so long could have solved the problem if they just activated a single brain cell. Hats off to the aged and wise!
    Last edited by overmyminutes; 02-12-2005 at 07:42 PM.

Device(s)
    TTCPOC 1M
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Re: I'm a happy TMO customer now but let me tell you...

Hmm OK and the point of all this IS??

Originally posted by overmyminutes
    Well, some of you read my other post and know how I was getting jerked around for a while. I'm happy to say that everything has been cleared up and fixed. I'm very happy with my phone, coverage and provider. I called up my old provider to tell them "Can you see me going now!?"
    There is one thing that I would like to mention about TMO CS. As I mentioned, I had a ruff start as a new customer. They couldn't find my account number and so on. I talked to one rep after another with no resolve for the longest time. And as I somewhat joked about before, I did get some reps that sounded like the guy from "Dude, Where's my Car?" They even told me to go to an actual store to fix the problem. After calling them up again and again, I finally got a very polite and seasoned rep that fixed the problem in 5 minutes what took all those young punks much time to come to no resolve. The one rep that fixed the problem was a lady that I could tell was middle aged. I say this because of her voice and just the things we talked about. This experience once again reinforces my theory that with age comes wisdom and the ability to problem solve much better. Those younger punks I dealt with for so long could have solved the problem if they just activated a single brain cell. Hats off to the aged and wise!

Feedback Score

The Point...

The point of this is that a lot of the reps are Schmucks!
    They should hire folks for what they're worth instead of hardly paying those young punk flunkies who couldn't give a rat's a$$ about you. If they paid a little more, they would get more professional people in CS, just like that jewel of an employee that helped me. Just my two bits
    Last edited by overmyminutes; 02-12-2005 at 08:07 PM.

Device(s)
    TTCPOC 1M
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Re: The Point...

Hmm just because someone is young it doesn't meen they dont give a rats.

They should hire folks for what they're worth instead of hardly paying those young punk flunkies who couldn't give a rat's a$$ about you. Just my two bits

Feedback Score
    Sorry, did a little editing after you cut and pasted my statement.

Feedback Score

They should hire folks for what they're worth instead of hardly paying those young punk flunkies who couldn't give a rat's a$$ about you. If they paid a little more, they would get more professional people in CS, just like that jewel of an employee that helped me. Just my two bits
    I'd bet that T-Mo's worst rep on a bad day is still better than AT&T's best rep on a good day.

AT&T had absolutely the WORST customer service on the planet. Cingular will have nightmares for years cleaning out the Customer Service deadwood they inherited from AT&T.

T-Mo is consistently rated #1 in Customer Service.

T-Mo is a very well run outfit.

Device(s)
    V600 SE6446AXXF10F8_1FF TRIPLETS_G_0B.09.4FR reflash shx
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile -SouthEast USA
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: The Point...

Originally posted by crypto1969
    While that is true and there are exceptions , All things being equal an older person has more responsibility and knows from life experiences that if you do something stupid, each action you do (or don’t do) has an effect on your life -longterm (and paycheck).

When you're young ‘most” people aren’t thinking long term, and
    bottom line a younger person is more apt to run their mouth off, or do something stupid than a older person. (who while they were young ran their mouth off, did something stupid)

Compare someone who is not married, has no kids, pays no rent.. VS someone who is married, has a house payment, 4 cars and three kids in College. Who is in dealing with say a difficult customer or situation is more likely to say to hell with it? I quit, and walk off the job, or be abusive, or just not care when dealing with customers?

Another aspect of “age” is accrued knowledge…. Compare where you are now in terms of knowledge, and how you approach issues and problems to say when you were 6, 8, or 10 years old. As time goes by the total sum of your accumulated knowledge is increased by your life experiences. A good example of this is when you’re driving a car (I drive fast)…. A lot of times based upon years of driving I can see potential problems that a younger, a more inexperienced driver does not. I slow down, they zoom past and bam, crash!!!! I’ve seen lots of wrecks, let me tell you.

PS: A long time a lot when the telegraph company was just starting out, the hired young men as CS? reps…. They found out real quick that women are a much better choice in that role because the young men would pretty much tell the customers to go to hell when there was a problem… (I.e. the male would go into fighting mode /arguing with the customer)

It’s just the way we are hardwired, and the cumulative effect of the environment /upbringing … Of course these days due to all the politically correct BS and feminizing of men for a lack of a better word in today’s world this issue is not as prevalent at it was 100 years ago.
    Last edited by WeAreNotAlone; 02-13-2005 at 04:22 AM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile -SouthEast USA
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: Re: The Point...

Originally posted by crypto1969
    While that is true and there are exceptions , All things being equal an older person has more responsibility and knows from life experiences that if you do something stupid, each action you do (or don’t do) has an effect on your life… longterm (and paycheck).

When you’re young ‘most” people aren’t thinking long term, and bottom line a younger person is more apt to run their mouth off, or do something stupid than a older person in a difficult situation. (Older people who while they were young ran their mouth off, did something stupid are more aware that they better give the best CS possible, or they may be in the un-employment line.)

Compare someone who is not married, has no kids, pays no rent.. VS someone who is married, has a house payment, 4 cars and three kids in College. Who is in dealing with say a difficult customer or situation is more likely to say to hell with it? I quit, and walk off the job, or be abusive, or just not care when dealing with customers?

Another aspect of “age” is accrued knowledge…. Compare where you are now in terms of knowledge, and how you approach issues and problems to say when you were 6, 8, or 10 years old. As time goes by the total sum of your accumulated knowledge is increased by your life experiences. A good example of this is when you’re driving a car (I drive fast)…. A lot of times based upon years of driving I can see potential problems that a younger, a more inexperienced driver does not. I slow down, they zoom past and bam, crash!!!! I’ve seen lots of wrecks, let me tell you.

PS: A long time a lot when the telegraph company was just starting out, the hired young men as CS? reps…. They found out real quick that women are a much better choice in that role because the young men would pretty much tell the customers to go to hell when there was a problem… (I.e. the male would go into fighting mode /arguing with the customer)

It’s just the way we are hardwired, and the cumulative effect of the environment /upbringing … Of course these days due to all the politically correct BS and feminizing of men for a lack of a better word in today’s world this issue is not as prevalent at it was 100 years ago.

Feedback Score

Bravo!

WeAreNotAlone > You put that very well.

Feedback Score
    In my opinion, I think older reps on average tend to be a lot more patient in finding a solution to a customer's problem. Me being 29 years old, I find myself growing thin on patience when I am trying to teach someone something about his/her phone or computers or programming their tivo or whatnot. I tend to look at things from a quickfix standpoint because having grown up in this age of technology, I have a certain advantage over people who didn't. Older reps know firsthand what it is like to be confused by new technologies, and know how much of a relief it is to find someone who is willing to take the extra time and be patient with them.

I think this applies to a lot of customer service reps as well. Young reps seem to be quickly aggitated by what they see as "dumb n00b questions", whereas older reps will be more understanding and more willing to dig a little deeper and help the lost customer out.

This does not apply in all situations as I have had my fair share of very helpful younger-sounding reps. But when I call CS and get someone who sounds like they are 40+, I know I am going to get my problem solved right and they will listen to what I say.

Eric

Device(s)
    RIM BB 8700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

I'm one of those young punks that constantly educates the older middle aged reps on how to use a cell phone for 40 hours each week.

Feedback Score

Here's to you!

Well, here's one for all the helpful young punks as

well

Whoops, better check your ID first!

Device(s)
    Yo Momma's Phone
    Carrier(s)
    Best Compromise between Price & Service
    Feedback Score
    Or they could train their young-uns so that they don't leave in six months or less.
    CDMA - a great technology, hobbled by greedy carriers and a closed business model. Its a pity, really.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Do you want to prevent your carrier from changing your plan on you even while you're in contract? Complain to the FCC about Sprint terminating contracts here: A short complaint form at the FCC: http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm?sid=&id=d1e408

Device(s)
    Nokia Ngage
    Carrier(s)
    T-MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    I think it's a mixed bag really, when it comes to troubleshooting that involves adjusting settings on mobile phones/devices then the younger reps tend to understand this more and usually can help with the situation in a more efficient manner. They seem interested in the novelty of the devices and tend to play with them more.

When it comes to billing most of the older reps are usually better because they understand that you may want to know what charges are what and how they are applied. Being more pragmatic and paying bills over the years by mailing checks have taught many the discipline on billing issues.

Then you have um, uhm, urr... me who is the perfect rep and can help you in all situations, even in my free time.
    Please call 1-800-937-8997 on a different phone so we can help you...

Need to know how to interface your phone to your device.

Need help setting up your email client on the phone click on this for setting it up.

What is your proxy setting then go to what to input for the settings

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile -SouthEast USA
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by EPIC_TRUTH
    I think it's a mixed bag really, when it comes to troubleshooting that involves adjusting settings on mobile phones/devices then the younger reps tend to understand this more and usually can help with the situation in a more efficient manner. They seem interested in the novelty of the devices and tend to play with them more.

When it comes to billing most of the older reps are usually better because they understand that you may want to know what charges are what and how they are applied. Being more pragmatic and paying bills over the years by mailing checks have taught many the discipline on billing issues.

Then you have um, uhm, urr... me who is the perfect rep and can help you in all situations, even in my free time.
    I agree,

But to me I'm more concerned with billing issues.... As I can read the manual, or play with the phone to find out the settings.

BTW: Don't count out older people on not being interested in the novelty of the devices.... Or should I say older "customers" since they are the ones that can afford to buy "novelty" devices such as the Razr $$$$$ ,and stuff like that.

PS: I called T-Mo many times, earlier this last year (2004-01) about the issues (11 defective /problematic V300's from different batches)... and I was very un-impressed with the answers I was getting. I could call ten times on the same issue, and get ten different answers, and none of them be right.

The only persons I talked to that were on top of things were those persons working in the WAP dept.