Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast

Thread: [Tutorials] - - VX8000

Device(s)
    LG VX9900 (nice upgrade)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

LG VX8000 and using Pictures/Ringtones/Mp3/Video Guide!

LG VX8000 and BitPim

This is using BitPim, and pretty much any of the latest versions will work. I’ve been successful using COM 1 and COM5, it just matters how your computer saves the driver. Enjoy!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where can I get BitPim?

BitPim can be found here.

I do not use version 0.7.26 which is the latest. I use 0.7.25 which you can find here.

Personally I couldn't get 0.7.26 to work for me, ON MY LAPTOP but on my PC it works. Weird. Anyway if 0.7.26 doesn't work, uninstall the whole thing and then install .25

Pictures:

*Take a certain picture of whatever

*Save it, then use BitPim.

*Go to the “dload” tree

*Then open the “img” tree

*Then find that picture you just took, and right click on that file.

*Select “overwrite” and replace it with the picture you want.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Music/Ringtones:

*In ringtones, click on “record new” and record whatever.

*Go into BitPim and open up the “dload” tree.

*Then open up the “snd” tree

*Find that voice recording you did, and right click on it.

*Select “Overwrite”

*Find your ringtone and select it.

Music/Tunes:

For your mp3 player in the phone this is alittle more difficult than putting ringtones on.

*First go into your BitPim and click on the “dload” tree

*Then the first file you see is “aod.dat” DELETE IT (this refreshes every restart)
    *Now close the “dload” tree and open the “brew” tree
    *Look near the bottom and you’ll see the “shared” tree, open it.
    *Now open the “aod” tree.
    *Right click on the “aod” tree and click on “New File”
    *Find the Mp3 you want and upload it.
    *Now once you finished uploading, restart BitPim and your phone. Then do the whole process over again.
    (Now you can upload any mp3 at any quality. All my mp3s are 128, but that is taking up a lot of space, so I’m considering reloading them at 64.)
    (Also if you upload something BIG like I have the 7 minute Metallica – One song there, if you upload a large song like this and you noticed your BitPim is probably frozen. Just unplug your phone and restart BitPim and your phone, and you’ll notice the is on there)

Video:

Here are the steps

*record something, for like a second. It doesn't matter.

*Download something in Avi. format (or convert video to avi)

*Now if it’s not Avi. format and you need a program to convert whatever file to Avi. then this is what I recommend.

" STOIK Video Converter 2 "

IT'S FREE!!!!

-How to use:

-Input File - is the video u got that u want in avi format.

-Output file - is where ur new avi. is going to show up on ur comp.

-Output format - is what format u want ur new video to be

-Select " AVI to Small PC " becuz that size fits ur screen the best

-Also press " Crtl P " and at the bottom u need to switch the audio from momo to stero (cuz u got the 8000 might as well use stero right?)

*Use Nokia Multimedia converter 2.0 to convert Avi. to QCIF (You can find here. )

-Open your new Avi. file and then hit “Convert”

-Give it a couple seconds, then save the file!

*Use BitPim 0.7.25 (or any working BitPim)

*Go to Brew/Media/ the video file you recorded

*Right click on the file and select "Overwrite"

*Find ur QCIF file and there u go!

Leave your comments and questions and have fun!
    Last edited by lgreenberg; 02-14-2005 at 06:43 PM.

Device(s)
    LG VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You are the greatest!

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Excellent job Brandondork.

I've cleaned your post up a bit, added a few bells and whistles and changed the title to match the other tutorial theads.

I also stuck it.
    Check out my reviews here.

Device(s)
    LG VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Excellent thread! I just ordered the VX8000 phone and should receive it soon.

A couple suggestions I have are to mention that the VX7000 data cable works perfectly for the VX8000 and where one can get them (e.g. EBay). Also, please provide a link to the latest BitPim driver. Thanks!
    Procrastination is the thief of time.
    -- Edward Young

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a
    little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-- Benjamin Franklin

You shouldn't mix meditation with management.
    The mind gets too empty.

-- Scott Adams, "Dilbert"

Device(s)
    LG VX9900 (nice upgrade)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yes the LG 7000 data cable will work. There is no difference between the two (unlike the 6000)

I've bough my data cables (6000 and 7000) off of ebay. For those of you who are looking for the best deal, with the fastest service. I've shop with " coolwireless " from ebay. That's his profile name, so I recommend him, the packages are never late, the shipping is never overcharged and the products work! The data cable DOES come with the driver for your computer.

Bitpim can be found @ http://bitpim.sourceforge.net/

They often have updates once to twice a month on their software. This is FREE. And very easy to use.

I do not use version 0.7.26 which is the latest. I use 0.7.25 which you can find here http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...kage_id=120233

Personally I couldn't get 0.7.26 to work for me, ON MY LAPTOP but on my PC it works. Weird. Anyway if 0.7.26 doesn't work, uninstall the whole thing and then install .25

Anymore questions?
    (Adminitstrator, obviously I was in a rush typing this. If you could take this information and clean it and put it with the first post of mine. So one post has all the answers. That'd be great. Thanx)

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3GS 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    ATTingular Orange Circle.
    Feedback Score
    **Found it your the best dude!!!!**
    Last edited by Rock3nrenigade; 02-14-2005 at 05:42 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Brandondork

(Adminitstrator, obviously I was in a rush typing this. If you could take this information and clean it and put it with the first post of mine. So one post has all the answers. That'd be great. Thanx)
    Done.

Device(s)
    LG VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Easier ringer way

I was just checking out the post and noticed the ringer routine that is posted is kinda the long way of doing it.

I just deleted the sound.dat file and uploaded all my ringers and rebooted the phone and they all appear and work.

Lot easier then doing the overwrite method i think.

Also walmart.com Music section there sound samples are the perfect format and length for great mp3 ringers for those of you who dont know.

You can email yourself ringers too. Rename an mp3 or wav or whatever to .mid and email it to [email protected] it will cost you 25 cents each for pix usage if you dont have a plan.

VX8000 is by far the best phone out on the market. I am in charge of the Verizon accounts at work and I get to try every model and the 6100 just plain sucks and the 7000 is decent but the 8000 is definitely the best. And for all you people that complain about its size. I think its more confortable that way, you dont fat finger keys and you got a much bigger clearer screen and sound and so on... If you hold it side by side with a 6100 there the same size besides the 6100 being rounded edges and not squared off like the 8000 so it aint much different.

Had to get that out I cant see seeing all these people making the 8000 look out to be a giant brick or something.
    Last edited by Future; 02-15-2005 at 05:47 PM.

Device(s)
    LG VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    the way that was stated earlier can save you tons of time actually. If you specify seperate ringers per person and you delete sound.dat. you have to reset most of your contacts ringers.

Device(s)
    lg vx8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

vx8000 data cables

I'm new & 4 the life of me i can't find the cables i need 4 this phone. I did the ebay thing no luck. I have the Verizon Mobile Office Kit & data cable 4 the vx6000 but that didn't work QPST or Bitpim. Although Bitpim did work when i did the overwrite thing 4 ringtones but it sounded just like the one on my vx6000. What i mean is it wasn't that loud. I tried 2 add a ringtone but got errors. I even set Bitpim 2 think it was a vx7000. Hope u understand what i'm saying. Help & Thankx

Device(s)
    vx8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    you need vx7000 data cable....

Device(s)
    vx8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon wireless
    Feedback Score

Question VX800 email pictures

Does anyone know how to send pictures from the phone to a home email address?

Device(s)
    LG VX9900 (nice upgrade)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    just like e-mailing a picture from e-mail to e-mail. Just put [email protected] as the place it goes. But cost $$$

Device(s)
    vx8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have the email address, text comes through but no picture?

Device(s)
    LG VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I don't know if it would be appropriate in this thread, but since the VX8000 is being offered by VZW only, it might be. See if you can include links for free WAP and GAGIN that's mentioned in the VZW forum. Thanks.

Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast