Thread: CORRECT TMobile GPRS/t-zones settings for Microsoft Smartphones

Device(s)
    T-Mobile Dash
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by jleecong
    LOL

If you only knew how many hours I have put in on this topic. I've done my time and welcome others work (dupasquier) as when I got it working I stopped playing with settings.

Long story short I'm fine for you to say setting don't work for you. I have had a few people that no matter what I told them to try it wouldn't work. I have had 100s more that is HAS worked for.

The problem I have is when you state "NO ONE with only t-zones access will be able to browse on this phone." because that is false and causes confusion just like the author of the blog article.

Check the port 80 sticky (pg 3,4) and you can read a lot more on how things started.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...5&pagenumber=3
    Is it really a problem for you? Do you have to be so snide? Did I hurt your feelings?

Look, I've tried these settings with 4 different phones, 4 different users, and it didn't work for any of us. Okay, I guess these settings do work for others w/ 4.99 t-zones, but no body that I know.

Device(s)
    myTouch 3G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA .:l (Full Bars) Small Biz 1000 Plan /
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Racerinlsl
    Is it really a problem for you? Do you have to be so snide? Did I hurt your feelings?

Look, I've tried these settings with 4 different phones, 4 different users, and it didn't work for any of us. Okay, I guess these settings do work for others w/ 4.99 t-zones, but no body that I know.
    You lying isn't a problem for me. Just don't post your lies where I can see them or I will feel the need to correct you. Again I'm fine for you to say "doesn't work for me" but "can't be done with 4.99 T-Zones" is a flat out lie and you should be correct.

Not trying to be derogatory in a mean way. (Did I hurt your feelings?)

As I said before check the port 80 thread in the T-Mobile forum. I've already gone to great lengths to prove it works for people like you who just can't seem to believe it's possible. I'm not trying to be nasty, belittle you, or put you down in any way. If you would like to send me your phone I will guarantee it works in my area.

If the setting don’t work for you do what dupasquier, fuzzie, vinayp, or myself did and and figure out the correct settings.

If you would like to continue this we should move it to PMs per HoFos Rules.

Wing Downloads (Ringtones, Themes, Software, T-Zones Settings)
    T-Zones Settings (Microsoft Smartphone)

1000 Post 07/22/05 @ 07:46AM

Device(s)
    T-Mobile Dash
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    When I first read this thread, nothing was said about if this was supposed to work w/ 4.99 t-zones or not. Now that I've read the links you posted to modaco, I see what's been going on. I am late to the argument. I'm not sure what I should try though. I had my setting identical to those at the top of this thread and it just wouldn't work. I called to upgrade, and the next morning, it was working. I think I'll go back to the 4.99 plan and try to make it work again. It's not worth 19.99 just to access my email at this point. If you have any tips, let me know....am I wrong in having my settings EXACTLY as they are posted in the first post of this thread?

Device(s)
    Moto Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Racerinlsl
    When I first read this thread, nothing was said about if this was supposed to work w/ 4.99 t-zones or not. Now that I've read the links you posted to modaco, I see what's been going on. I am late to the argument. I'm not sure what I should try though. I had my setting identical to those at the top of this thread and it just wouldn't work. I called to upgrade, and the next morning, it was working. I think I'll go back to the 4.99 plan and try to make it work again. It's not worth 19.99 just to access my email at this point. If you have any tips, let me know....am I wrong in having my settings EXACTLY as they are posted in the first post of this thread?

I am using the $4.99 T-zones in SoCal on my MPX220 and I can access everything. The settings on the first post are wrong for me, and didn't work, but maybe they work for others in other parts of the coutry. I went through the whole gamut of settings for a week and could not get it to work, but then I finally saw something else I hadn't tried, tried it, and boom!, it worked

Here's my settings (I wish I knew how to insert screenshots but I don't): If your like me, you have messed around enough with these settings that you know exactly where they are.

Under data Connections: everything set to "automatic"

Edit -

Create GPRS Connection
    Connects To: Wap Network
    Access Point: wap.voicestream.com
    Primary DNS: 0.0.0.0
    Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0
    everything else blank

Create Proxy
    Connects From: WAP Network
    Connects To: The Internet
    Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    Type: HTTP
    Everything else blank

In IE under Options, Connections:
    check Automatically detect settings
    Select Network: The Internet

It should work, let me know if you have any questions.

Michael
    Last edited by Guitar1969; 03-13-2005 at 12:03 AM.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 7100T
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile & Swisscom
    Feedback Score
    Thank you for sharing a different option Michael, just a question though, can you access the t-zones homepage (wap.myvoicestream.com) with your settings? Also, missing in your settings is how you set your Data Connections (if they are all set on "Automatic" or if you set them differently).

I can certainly understand how one can get frustrated in the process of finding the RIGHT settings that enables him/her to use the data connectivity to it's full capacity. Meaning sending and receiving email, mms, sms, synchronizing with Microsoft Server Exchange wirelessly, surfing every html and wap page (including wap.myvoicestream.com) without limitations and without having to change the settings in order to complete one or the other functions mentioned above.
    For me, the settings posted on page 1 of this thread are the only settings that FULLY work. Other settings might allow me to connect, but not to the full extend of the capacities offered by TMobile. I recommend everyone to follow the instructions scrupulously, as for instance, having 2 different GPRS connections listed will block you from connecting. Any minor difference might and will probably disable you from connecting properly. That is why I recommend to keep the same connections names as used in the tutorial, double check if not triple check every typed letter, number or space before concluding that the settings don't work.

Again, I can thank jleecong and vinayp enough to share their findings on this board. I firmly believe that IF THEIR SETTINGS ARE ENTRED PROPERLY, you will be able to use TMobile's data connectivity to it's full capacity anywhere in America. I don't thinks the rule "different region=different settings" is true as my settings have yet to failed me anywhere I have been in the country.

Device(s)
    Moto Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    My Data Connections are all set to "Automatic" and yes I can, and do connect to wap.myvoicestream.com all the time Unfortunately, the tutorial settings did not work for me in my region. I went through the gamut of settings initially to the point of frustration, and although many are similar, they are all not exact out there, which causes confusion when you try to set up the mpx

At this point, I have not been able to get MMS to work on the MPX220 with T-mobile T-zones, and I do have all the settings in correctly, but if you look at some of the other posts on this site, it appears this is an issue with many Tmobile subscribers, and Cingular as well - MMS is not working welll for many, and it is believed it is an OS/hardware issue possibly. Any thoughts would be appreciated on that thread(below)

I can browse wap, http, and htts, but have not tried Activesync Exchange(My company is running Exchange 2002, so they need to install mobile activesync and have not done so yet - hopefully soon). One other thing I have not been able to do is tether an IPAQ PDA off of the mpx via Bluetooth using the mpx as a modem - not sure if this is possible with just T-zones.

All of your info has been helpful, especially considering the mpx220 is relatively new, and we are all in new territory.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...5&pagenumber=1
    Last edited by Guitar1969; 03-13-2005 at 03:07 PM.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 7100T
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile & Swisscom
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the precision Michael. I am sure your settings will help other users.
    The only explanation of the different settings can only be because of the differences in the TMobile data plans then... I can't verify your settings as I am on the $19.99 plan.

Device(s)
    Moto Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by dupasquier
    Thanks for the precision Michael. I am sure your settings will help other users.
    The only explanation of the different settings can only be because of the differences in the TMobile data plans then... I can't verify your settings as I am on the $19.99 plan.
    I didn't realize you were on the 19.99 plan - You're right, that changes everything. Due to Tmobile blocking port 80, us Tzones users have to do it a bit differently in order to get Internet. Now I see why your settings would not work for me because I have to do everything through wap(and a proxy). I have a feeling at some point we will all be on the 19.99 plan.

Unfortunately, I still can't get the MMS thing working, even with smaller picture files. I guess that is one of the drawbacks of only paying $4.99 with Tzones, but I probably wouldn't use MMS anyways because it costs per use, and I can just send an email with an attachment.

Thanks for your help for all us newbies

Device(s)
    myTouch 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Guitar1969
    I didn't realize you were on the 19.99 plan - You're right, that changes everything. Due to Tmobile blocking port 80, us Tzones users have to do it a bit differently in order to get Internet. Now I see why your settings would not work for me because I have to do everything through wap(and a proxy). I have a feeling at some point we will all be on the 19.99 plan.

Unfortunately, I still can't get the MMS thing working, even with smaller picture files. I guess that is one of the drawbacks of only paying $4.99 with Tzones, but I probably wouldn't use MMS anyways because it costs per use, and I can just send an email with an attachment.

Thanks for your help for all us newbies
    I have no problems with MMS.

Did you try my settings I posted over on MoDaCo?
    This is a tutorial page on how to change the settings.
    https://attws.primushosting.net/aws/...ATTW35249.html

These are the correct setting to use for T-Mobile.
    Name: Whatever you want (I used MMS)
    MMSC URL: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    WAP Gateway: 216.155.165.50
    Port: 9201

T-Mobile doesn't suggest a Max Send Size but the default 300K worked for me.

Device(s)
    Moto Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by jleecong
    I have no problems with MMS.

Did you try my settings I posted over on MoDaCo?
    This is a tutorial page on how to change the settings.
    https://attws.primushosting.net/aws/...ATTW35249.html

These are the correct setting to use for T-Mobile.
    Name: Whatever you want (I used MMS)
    MMSC URL: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    WAP Gateway: 216.155.165.50
    Port: 9201

T-Mobile doesn't suggest a Max Send Size but the default 300K worked for me.
    Those Are the MMS settings I have tried, but because I am using a proxy and connecting thorugh Tzones $4.99 plan, thast might be the difference. I'm out of ideas.

Thanks for the try.

mh

Device(s)
    Iphone 3G 16 gigs
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for this thread guys!

Thanks to all the Hofo'ers who took the time and generously posted their settings.

I'm using T-Zones 4.99 plan in NYC and I can get the web and use agile messenger pretty consistently. However I can't get Fizz traveler to update weather or currencies and I can't get MMS to work.

Fizz Traveler starts looking to update but then it says "no path" and immediately stops tryimng to update.

Oh well, I will continue to plug away but thanks for the internet!

Device(s)
    myTouch 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Guitar1969
    Those Are the MMS settings I have tried, but because I am using a proxy and connecting thorugh Tzones $4.99 plan, thast might be the difference. I'm out of ideas.

Thanks for the try.

mh
    I think you have me and the OP confused.

The OP is using the 19.99 plan. My settings and suggestions are for the 4.99 plan as you have. Like I said I have no problems with MMS using the proxy with 4.99 T-Zones.

The proxy has nothing to do with sending/receiving MMS Messages.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile Dash
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Okay,
    I'm back on the 4.99 plan and it doesn't work again. Jlee, any suggestions? I have my settings IDENTICAL to what you posted above. The wierd thing is....I'm not getting an error, it just keeps saying "connecting" but never connects.

ARRGGHH!! I just can't figure this out.

Device(s)
    MPX220
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Im a brand new T-mobile Cust.
    I live in NJ

I got the 4.99 T-zones plan

On the free moto V180 phone I cant access the real web EX www.howardstern.com

On my Mpx200 unlocked with WM2002 I can get to any web site ex www.howardstern.com and I can even sign onto AIM with AGile.

I used the basic T-moblie gprs and proxy settings from the this forum.

Am I just lucky, or is the doing of my Smartphone, because I even seem edited my backup V180 to make it quad band and I cant connect to anything but wap sites with it. I want to sell my mpx200 for a MPX220 will the full internet still work with the mpx220 if it works with my mpx200 because I see some people are having loads of problems.

Whats the deal

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Chr1sny
    Thanks for this thread guys!

Fizz Traveler starts looking to update but then it says "no path" and immediately stops tryimng to update.

Oh well, I will continue to plug away but thanks for the internet!
    Navigate to Option-->Network and change the option.
    You have two available:
    The Internet and Corp-Network.
    Try the both, one of them should work.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast