Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RadioShaft Piss-ant

Device(s)
    Motorola e815, v710, i860
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

RadioShaft Piss-ant

So I was at radioshack, buying some can't-find-em-anywhere-else batteries for my remote for my car alarm, and the guy behind the counter 'so you all set on the cell phone thing?', I tell him, yeah.. he sayys 'well.. what carrier do you have', so I tell him verizon. 'You know we do phone upgrades here, and all of our phones are cheaper than verizon's'.

so I ask him, can you do 'new every 2' now, he says of course we can, i say either this is new or you're going to want to check with your manager before you blatently lie to customers, here he starts arguing with me quite loudly that he knows what he's talking about, and not only are all of their phone prices cheaper but they also give new every 2.

Don't get me wrong, I know (think) RS employees are getting something in their paycheck per signup, but if you're going to be overly pushy about selling me a service that I DIDNT ASK YOU ABOUT, don't freakin lie to me. After I got home I was actually pissed enough that I called his manager (who I know) and told him if that kid is still employed there in 2 weeks when my upgrade period is up, I'll be glad to come in and get it for the prices he quoted me (Cheaper than verizons price, and we give the $100 new every 2 credit) otherwise it'd be bait and switch if I come in and a different price is presented to me. I hope the kid learns his lesson about customer _service_ and maybe a little bit about _sales_ as he's pushing his resume around the mall next week

rant off

Device(s)
    LG VX4400
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    as far as i know, radioshack can provide you with a NE2 credit - they, along with circuit city, are one of a small handful of authorized resellers who can do this. on occasion their prices can be lower than the ones on vzw.com, but sometimes they are higher.

*shrug*

Device(s)
    Motorola e815, v710, i860
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    radioshack cannot provide NE2 credit, and circuit city can because it is actually a verizon kiosk in circuit city, it is not circuit city selling verizon.

Device(s)
    Back to Square 1...VZ
    Carrier(s)
    7 Lines with Nextel, 2 with VZ
    Feedback Score
    Radiocrack sucks

^^BLING BLING^^

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&Tingular
    Feedback Score
    Actually, yes...Radio Shack CAN do NE2 Upgrades....I've actually done it before.

Feedback Score

We Can't DO NE2

Hey Guys,

I wish there was a way to do the NE2, but there is not, at least from the phone price's perspective.

Now, if there is a way to do the NE2 as a bill credit, and someone on here had a method that actually worked every time, I'd come over and shake your hand, and may even buy you a $.99 happy meal.

About that kid..what it is is RSH has such poor training, and in some cases, doesn't attract the best of all possible employees, he may not know any better. I work there, and once, one of my co-workers, who is very intelligent and excellent with customers, thought that the upgrade price paid at a Verizon store was the "New customer price" plus $100. Essentially, she thought that NE2 was the "unactivated price" minus $100. In her mind, RSH was much cheaper to go to. I had to explain it to her. Again, it wasn't her fault, but the fault of poor training.

And yes, that young salesman did want to sell you that phone, because it would aid his pocketbook. He would have either gotten $5, $7, $10, $12, $15, or even $20, depending on if you upgraded for one or two years, and if you purchased accessories with it. He would have also gotten 5% of the unactivated price plus a few extra dollard..(not much..just like a few.)

Feedback Score

We Can't DO NE2

Hey Guys,

I wish there was a way to do the NE2, but there is not, at least from the phone price's perspective.

Now, if there is a way to do the NE2 as a bill credit, and someone on here had a method that actually worked every time, I'd come over and shake your hand, and may even buy you a $.99 happy meal.

About that kid..what it is is RSH has such poor training, and in some cases, doesn't attract the best of all possible employees, he may not know any better. I work there, and once, one of my co-workers, who is very intelligent and excellent with customers, thought that the upgrade price paid at a Verizon store was the "New customer price" plus $100. Essentially, she thought that NE2 was the "unactivated price" minus $100. In her mind, RSH was much cheaper to go to. I had to explain it to her. Again, it wasn't her fault, but the fault of poor training.

And yes, that young salesman did want to sell you that phone, because it would aid his pocketbook. He would have either gotten $5, $7, $10, $12, $15, or even $20, depending on if you upgraded for one or two years, and if you purchased accessories with it. He would have also gotten 5% of the unactivated price plus a few extra dollard..(not much..just like a few.)

sprintseller

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    10 bucks--big deal--I thought you got more...hehehe.

Sometimes people have been able to get NE2, but unofficially and by calling VZW. Officially, and from what I understand in most cases, ---NOT POSSIBLE---.
    -- none currently---

Device(s)
    LG VX8500
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    RSH can't do the NE2 specifically, but being their own store probly could give you the same deal as NE2 if they wanted to. But they can't do NE2 _specifically_.

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Seems to be way to confusing, either Radio Shack can do the NE2 credit, or they can not, which at this point, not sure seems to be conflicting statements, which one is correct.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I asked my local RSH store a few years back about upgrading my phone. The guy told me that I would have to pay the EFT on my current contract, then sign a new one...

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Basically, what they do is give you the phone at their promotional price instead of a NE2. Not as good as the NE2, but but not that bad nonetheless. And yea, like another poster said, you do get bonuses for selling phones, which helps a lot because their base pay is garbage.

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Why would anyone want to buy a phone at Radio shack, and pay the promotional price, when you can go to Verizon with the NE2 ,and get a free phone.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well, at the Radioshack where I worked, people came because there wasn't a Verizon store nearby. (For all you New Yorkers, I work in Whitestone and the only two corporate stores I know of in Queens are in Forest Hills and Queens Center, and all you Queens people know how much the average Whitestoner enjoys going out of his way)

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid (Mine)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by the jahames
    Well, at the Radioshack where I worked, people came because there wasn't a Verizon store nearby. (For all you New Yorkers, I work in Whitestone and the only two corporate stores I know of in Queens are in Forest Hills and Queens Center, and all you Queens people know how much the average Whitestoner enjoys going out of his way)
    Also in the Best Buy in College point - and yeah, us folks from Bayside, Whitestone, North Flushing etc HATE to leave the neighborhood (I'm in South Bayside)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast