Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What will the wireless industry look like in the future?

Device(s)
    Samsung M510,Palm Centro
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel,SPCS,Cingular
    Feedback Score

What will the wireless industry look like in the future?

What do you guys think it will be like in the future

i mean on a monday afternoon in 2030 will there still be wireless stores around

Which companies do you think will still be here
    I'm an atari wanna play with my joystick?

My Feedback
    http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=627646

Device(s)
    None, Landline fits me best!
    Feedback Score
    Four companies

Fanboy wireless (All the rual CDMA carriers merged with Verizon, dont insult the fanboys cuz they will kill over thier wireless service, even though verizon dont give a crap about them)

Obnoxious wireless (the SprinTel merger. now they only offer the obnoxious PPT, and thier users have to wear a bulletproof vest)

Splat Mobile (all the rural GSM compaines merged with Cingular, 75 million users, outrageously high rate plans)

Getto Wireless (Former T-MO, still dirt cheep rateplans still swiss cheese coverage)
    Last edited by poltroop82; 04-02-2005 at 08:54 PM.

Device(s)
    3G iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    I think 2030 is a little to far off to predicting...

In 4-6 years I think there will be a few new players in the world of wireless. First will be either the cable or utility companies. They have more infrastructure than all of the wireline or wireless carriers combined.

The second is a group of new companies popping up. Clearwire for example is one of McCaw's new projects (think McCaw Cellular, ie pre-AT&T wireless, and Nextel). Check out www.clearwire.com. They are going to focus on a data network solution, but the with the availablility VoIP they will definitely impact the wireless world.

Sprint and Nextel will have consolidated and it is likely TMobile will either have sold off their network in the US or bought up a few small carriers.

That's a good start...

Device(s)
    Samsung M510,Palm Centro
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel,SPCS,Cingular
    Feedback Score
    **** and i pictured Stan stigman on a flat screen holo rollup sponsered by the Jenna bush-kutcher pointing out the benefits of rollover bone graft dna minutes on a Samsung - Sony Plasma screen flat paper TV screen

Device(s)
    Nokia N75
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I think that in the 2030 the whole technology around "cells" will not even be in use. I also doubt that the companies that are here today will have the same names. 2030 is way to far off, something like 2015 is easier to imagine.

Device(s)
    Samsung M510,Palm Centro
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel,SPCS,Cingular
    Feedback Score
    i think wireless sales reps and stores will be dead by 2030

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I know that around 2030 there will be a new wireless carrier, m squared, that will kinda be taking the Apple approach, their network, their phones, but the phones will be very good. It will be based off either a new technology or it will use GSM 450, for voice it will all use a VOIP like system, and you will be able to talk to skype users as if it was M2M(free) and if Skype isn't around then, then some equivalent.

Feedback Score
    CDW Warehouse, Tech data, National retail and Internet could be the leading providers of all wirleless devices. Computing and Wireless as we know it will be one and the same. You will not have to wait to 2030. Give 3-5 years. However over the next 3-5 years Company Owned and Agents will still be around. Wired Phone systems and Private branch Xchange(PBX) will be a thins of the past.
    Who would install cable or fiber. No need.

look at Motorola canopy and think 5 years and 10 years down the road. Wifi is still in its infancy stage. The device/devices you use today will be much different tomorrow.

Preheat your oven while driving home from work......reset the thermostat,

Remember the jetsons?..........You know who Rosie is?

The Bluetooth enabled house. How about the refridgerator that automatically prints out a purchase order. The milk sits in a special spot and based on consumption the computer in the fridge figures out how much needs to be purchased. Units and measures.........I guess the US will have to become better acquainted with the metric system.........
    Those of you who think you know everything, are annoying to those of us who do.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6230b | 6300b
    Carrier(s)
    Rethink Possible
    Feedback Score

Re: What will the wireless industry look like in the future?

Originally posted by AmsterdamRave
    What do you guys think it will be like in the future

Which companies do you think will still be here
    Um, 2030? There won't be any wireless carriers then, heck, I don't think any landline carriers will be available either. I think we'll see a WW3 by 2030...that means, nuclear warfare (Terminator 3 style)...

Device(s)
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: What will the wireless industry look like in the future?

Originally posted by Seltzer
    Um, 2030? There won't be any wireless carriers then, heck, I don't think any landline carriers will be available either. I think we'll see a WW3 by 2030...that means, nuclear warfare (Terminator 3 style)...
    With all the stuff going on with Iran and Korea and the Horn of Africa and China and ...... {list your country here}

Yup, I agree with you. Oh well, I don't get paid to think, just to take orders.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If we are still around I think it will be highly competetive, expensive, and require 10 year (or life-long) contracts with ETFs that will require bloodletting, bankruptcy, and forfeiting your firstborne.

Device(s)
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by agent623
    If we are still around I think it will be highly competetive, expensive, and require 10 year (or life-long) contracts with ETFs that will require bloodletting, bankruptcy, and forfeiting your firstborne.
    Yea, Most likely. If the carriers had thier way, that is how it would be

Device(s)
    moto v60
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    2030? Only if we havent had WW4 by then. We definately wont have wireless handsets by then as we know them today.

The PPC based phones that we have now? I see an expansion of that in the future, that is to say that computers and cellphones will be integrated tightly. A wearable computer that is a powerful as 20 of today's super computers contained within a pair of shades. The scientists researching the "human net" (using the human body as a data transfer medium, much like CAT 6 cable) will have perfected the process.

Wireless Carriers? We wont have them. The two leading technologies will be wired (fiber optic) and wireless. Wireless will cover 100% of the world, or what's left of the world by then. The primary means of communication will be VOIP, or some type of it.
    Last edited by JDyn84; 04-03-2005 at 08:21 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

Re: What will the wireless industry look like in the future?

Originally posted by AmsterdamRave

Analog and TDMA will probably still be up and running.
    Hartford, CT Area

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Knowing the FCC probably, right now the current point that AMPS has to extend to is 2008, then all the carriers can shut off their AMPS stuff.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast