Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sprint will activate me in 2030.

Device(s)
    Curve 8330M
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Sprint will activate me in 2030.

That is not a typo. Got my phones today (ordered online). Had no service. Went to the Sprint store to transfer my phone numbers over to the new Sprint phones. I was told I was not a Sprint customer yet. They wouldn't even touch the new phones. Porting my numbers is already 4 days and on going. I call CS from the Sprint store. Come to find out both numbers may be ported by Friday (7 days later?). The guy at the store says even when the numbers go through in the computer it shows activation in 2030. So I'm like what do I do? Wait I guess is his answer. I cancelled everything. I left Nextel because of stuff like this. So now I have box coming from headquarters which I'll need to ship the phones back. I have to start all over again. So 7 days later I'm still stuck with Nextel crappy service still.

Device(s)
    Curve 8330M
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Anyone know why porting a number would take a week?

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by VibrantRedGT
    Anyone know why porting a number would take a week?
    Its just depends on the carriers, ports usually finish within 24 hours, but i guess either the area you are from or something may take awhile for the port to go through
    My opinions and statements do not reflect the policies or stance of T-Mobile

T-Mobile, RSR

Device(s)
    Sanyo 5600
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint Nextel
    Feedback Score
    You could have Nextel check for anomalies in your account. Usually porting delays are due to the failure of the previous company to release the numbers. If there's a problem, there's nothing that the company that you're porting to can do (technically, not legally) until the previous company sorts it out. Um...Hat might know more.
    Doom to all who threaten the homeworld!

Device(s)
    Sanyo 8200 (for the time being)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Sometimes another reason why porting takes longer is if the name on the old acct is under a diff name than the sprint acct. i.e. the name on the nextel acct is under your name, and the name on the sprint acct is under wifes name (just hypothetically). Or sometimes all Sprint needs is more info, and you would just need to call port resolutions which is 1-877-349-4413, usually they just need the acct number of the old acct, or they need to verify personal info.
    Now That's Better

Device(s)
    Motorola V710
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    FYI porting a landline number can take a few weeks.

Device(s)
    Curve 8330M
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies guys.

I cancelled out of everything today. I'm returning the phones that I purchased online. Sprint is sending a box and prepaid shipping label. The store would not return the phones for me since I bought online (go figure).

I went to a Sprint store today and started from scratch. I got the same phones (MM-7400 by Sanyo and A-760 by Samsung) for the same price plus some other discounts. Got some discounts off accessories too. I bought the phones at 11AM EST by 3PM EST everything was changed over to Sprint. I'm good to go.

Reason it was taking so long was because RMS had a software problem over the weekend. It only took 4 hours today instead of 7+ days before.

Feedback Score
    They're lucky to have you as a customer. I wouldn't have been able to tolerate such irresponsibility.

Device(s)
    Curve 8330M
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by CoreyTheGent
    They're lucky to have you as a customer. I wouldn't have been able to tolerate such irresponsibility.
    You are so right. However what do I have to choose from? T-mobile? There service is a joke here. Verizon has $.45 overages and their plans are expensive. I just left Nextel due to poor service. That about sums up everyone.

Feedback Score
    What about Cingular?

Device(s)
    Motorola i580
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by CoreyTheGent
    What about Cingular?
    Who? No such thing around here!

Device(s)
    Curve 8330M
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Cingular or whatever they are called is not good around here either. My parents have them and I can never reach them.

Device(s)
    Sanyo 8200 blue
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by jrip
    Who? No such thing around here!
    LMAO

Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Everybody I know that is on Crapular (even old AT&T) has problems with the service. Verizon seems to be better but more expensive. I've been with Sprint for 6 years and I still think they have the best service for the money you pay.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Speaking of porting, I ported both of our numbers over to Verizon from Sprint PCS (due to coverage issues) and both numbers were ported in 10 minutes.

The first one went through by sending a text message to our primary phone within 2 minutes of the phone being activated. The second phone took an additional 8 minutes to receive the text message on the phone saying Welcome to Verizon Wireless....etc etc.
    My Carriers:

Cellular One (TDMA) [1998-1999]>>AT&T (TDMA) [1999-2001]>>Cingular (TDMA) [2001-2003]>>Sprint [2003-2005]>>Verizon Wireless [2005 to present]>>Sprint SERO [2006-2008]>>AT&T [2008 to 2009]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast