Thread: Rogers Cell tower ID

Device(s)
    K790a
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Rogers Cell tower ID

With my 6620 in my hands, and staring at the CellTrack screen, I wanted to know if I was on the 850 or the 1900 tower. I know I read how to distinguish the tower's mhz by its #, but can't seem to find it anymore.

It'd be great if someone could do a quick rundown of that info again. Thanks

Btw, the 6620 is the most fun you could posssibly have with a phone. If your the type that likes modifying things . I'll never turn back to series 40..
    Early xmas present for myself : 3.2cybershot phone

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile 5gb
    Feedback Score
    Look at the last digit on the cellID in Decimal, and not in Hex.

if it's 1,2 or 3, it's 850, and if it's 7, 8 or 9, it's 1900..

those also correspond to the direction of the sector you're on, check Steve Punter's website for more info.

Device(s)
    K790a
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Thankyou

Hm, i seem to be on the famous 850mhz Band most of the time here.. hehe. Yet, my connection is usually at -85dbm.

Whats the "Norm" again?. I think i spoilt myself reading Treatz mad seeg thread where they were gettin -40dbm and such.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile 5gb
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Teriyaki
    Thankyou

Hm, i seem to be on the famous 850mhz Band most of the time here.. hehe. Yet, my connection is usually at -85dbm.

Whats the "Norm" again?. I think i spoilt myself reading Treatz mad seeg thread where they were gettin -40dbm and such.
    Go stand beside a tower.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yesterday I went to Brampton to check out my new home that is being built...while I was driving and stopped at a red light, I notcied I was stuck between 2 cell towers. I thought to myself that at least 1 of those towers must be a Rogers one. Flicked on field test and I was getting a whopping -28db on my RAZR!!!

Moral of the story...I will be getting mad seeg at my new home when ready!!!

The average is between -60db to -80db. Once you reach high 90's, then you will notice the bars drop. Over 100 and you may expereince dropped calls.....depending if you are using AMR codec or not

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You can get some Mad Seeg at -24 dBm

or some 'bad' seeg (home)