Thread: upgrading text plan halfway through bill cycle

Device(s)
    BB7105t
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

upgrading text plan halfway through bill cycle

i always go over on my text.. so i've finally decided to upgrade it. this month i'm getting close to my limit so i want to upgrade now but i wasn't sure if it would count if i went over after upgrading so i emailed vzw. this was my response:

"If you add a package with more TXT Messaging in the middle of the billing cycle you will receive a partial for both packages on next bill. Your billing cycle is on the 28th of each month should you decide to add at that time "

does that mean i won't have to pay for anything over 250 if i get the 1,000. i'm not sure i fully understand what they're saying.

Device(s)
    Samsung A900
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Re: upgrading text plan halfway through bill cycle

Originally posted by andyk0
    i always go over on my text.. so i've finally decided to upgrade it. this month i'm getting close to my limit so i want to upgrade now but i wasn't sure if it would count if i went over after upgrading so i emailed vzw. this was my response:

"If you add a package with more TXT Messaging in the middle of the billing cycle you will receive a partial for both packages on next bill. Your billing cycle is on the 28th of each month should you decide to add at that time "

does that mean i won't have to pay for anything over 250 if i get the 1,000. i'm not sure i fully understand what they're saying.
    Okay, don't hold my math accountable! But here is what assuming you'll get for the rest of the month....

Yes, it will be pro-rated. You would be able to send/receive approx. 483 text messages for the rest of this month (if you were to upgrade today, 4/13)...Your bill this month, for this would only charge you $4.83.

If you ended the $2.99 one today, you'd only be charged approx $1.45. So, approx. total text charges for the month ending 4/28...$6.28.

These #'s only apply if you upgrade today. Of course, the rep would give you the exact accurate amount that you can use. I think these are the amounts, but don't hold me to it. Hope this helped!

Device(s)
    LG Chocolate Blue Mint (VX8550)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    A partial bill charge will occur when your sms plan is changed during the middle of your bill cycle. This means you will be charged $1.64 for the 17 days you were on the old plan and $4.51 for the 14 days you will be on your new sms plan. You will also be credited $2.99 from your previous plan and charged $9.99 one month in advance for your new plan. Therefore, your next bill's total sms access fee will be $13.15.

Also, you were allowed 55 sms from your old calling plan. Going forward you will be allowed 452 minutes to use starting tomorrow and ending on your next bill cycle (April 28th). These sms are based on how many days you are on each plan.

So basically you only get the full allowance of sms if you stay on the plan the entire 31 days of your current cycle. If you have used more than 55 sms up until midnight tonight (April 14th) and assuming you request your plan changed today then you would be billed for any sms used beyond 55 for this first partial monthly allowance.

Essentially you are dividing your month into two separate portions

Hope this helps.

Device(s)
    VZW Customer Council Member
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score
    Personally I'd just pay the overage and wait for the $5/month Unlimited In text/pix messaging deal coming soon as mentioned in another thread, either April 20 or May 20 or some other real-near-future date.