Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: MUST READ: Rant (Hacking/RSS) + Veteran HoFo User Recognition + Possible NY/NYC Meet

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Originally posted by YoDude
    BTW, I would add a couple of more “players” to your Hall of Fame…

Device(s)
    Galaxy S3
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    what about the infamous "gerbil"

nice list though.....where is PWT anyway?
    Back after years of letting other trolls out do me

The state where you never find a dance floor empty...
    Device(s)
    Blackberry 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-mo
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I give it up to Inimical the most, that ringtone java app was a life saver when Moto started pumping out all of those i95s with the incompatable SW. Those were the good old days...

Stuck in Traffic in Raleigh, NC (SID 144)
    Device(s)
    Samsung Note 9 on VZW
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Arrow

Originally posted by dstar2002
    what about the infamous "gerbil"

nice list though.....where is PWT anyway?
    Found this in the archives...that guy was a genius...he could read a codeplug down to each individual line of code...wherever he is I would like to buy him a beer

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Originally posted by NCTrafficMan
    Found this in the archives...that guy was a genius...he could read a codeplug down to each individual line of code...wherever he is I would like to buy him a beer
    haha for a second there i thought you were referring to gerbil :laughs:

Device(s)
    i730
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Originally posted by blazer22
    haha for a second there i thought you were referring to gerbil :laughs:
    Yeah where is gerbil...I wany my $10 back!!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    He didn't nessesary read it down to a particular line of code. With RSS you can create decrypted versions of the CP with all the offsets and everything explained. All he did was unlock that feature -- thats how hacks started... Im going to see if i can find a decryped codeplug somewhere, i know i have one from a while back.. let me hunt

[edit] i will look later, i have to reconnect my server to the network but i dont feel like getting up right now. im gettin sick so im layin in bed [/edit]
    Last edited by Noodle; 04-14-2005 at 02:15 PM.

Device(s)
    Verizon Wireless E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Noodles! How the heck ya been. I like the cook-out concept... Maybe a pre-Hurley’s thing in the Park on the day of a meet... I usually get a suite at a club on 45th that could be used as a staging area for showers/changing and whatnot. The thing is it’s an academic setting so we would have to call each other “Doctor” or “Professor” or something so as not to raise suspicion. (Like when they chartered the boat in “One flew over the coo-coo’s nest” )

BTW, I would add a couple of more “players” to your Hall of Fame…

XRAM- He’s been here since the beginning and was pro’lly responsible for keeping Trip on task and sober enough to finish the first loader.

Ruben86- Like feeeeeeeets, sometimes put his job and relationship w/Nextel on the line so that we could get accurate and reliable information.

Ekopapers- Like Aaron, Dred, and SpamYo, put together a Web repository for us to use. Unlike those guys; hers was/is free and still standing even through 2 pregnancies!

Mbellot- On the level of PWT. Responsible for more patch code then any of us would ever really know.

And finally: An honorable mention should go out to KBAM. He hasn’t played for as many seasons as the others but he has a strong bat and like you, stands as an example of how new members can contribute.

BTW, I’ll pro’lly leave this here for a day before moving it to the lounge since you included all the mods on your list.

I'd have to agree with you on this one.

There'd probably be a few more part of the community that I'd add.

I thought I did more for the community than creating another nextel forum, but if that's how I'm seen, alright then. I'd rather be seen as the prick that I was

As for "leaking depot" come on now Noodle. If you weren't on my computer, you don't know what I did. I may have given copies to people, but responsible for it being leaked is absurd.

You can't sit there and make a thread saying you never begged for it, because every other day you'd IM me and Cutter trying to get a copy and talking about trying to steal it off of Hyper's computers. This was obviously over a year ago, and not recent, since my Nextel days are pretty much over.

And BTW, YoDude, congrats on becoming Moderator.

Device(s)
    Palm treo, Lg vx8550 (wifes phone) lg vx8600 (moms phone)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon and nextel equally
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    matt why r ur nextel days over?

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Originally posted by Matt
    I'd have to agree with you on this one.

Just once?

And BTW, YoDude, congrats on becoming Moderator.
    Thanks. I hear through the grape vine Inimical got engaged...
    Give him my regards, will ya?

BTW, for those that care: Matt was the "Great Communicator". He kept all the balls in the air, poked and prodded, and got Howard to accept the efforts and provide the space...

Along with Inimical, Kermit was another dude who kept a back door open to a server for us to use.

And Gerbil, he was like Pete Rose. A credit to the game but not likely to be on anyones hall of fame ballot for awhile, lol. There are some things you just don't do. No matter how big your ego is.

Device(s)
    E398 - Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yes, but it did help that he had a printout of what every value did in the codeplug (I still have that file on my laptop). I knew he was from alabama like me and I talked to him a couple times. He had inside info from Moto. Never really got the full picture but got the feeling like he was involved in the codeplug development or was at one time. We shall never know. He was a very smart guy but it helps when you access to info no one else has.

Noodle, thanks for the trip down memory lane. I remember what this place used to be like around here in 2003 and it was great. Everyone around here was just in it for the fun and not trying to make a back. It was fun then...not so much now..

Device(s)
    E398 - Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Originally posted by Noodle
    He didn't nessesary read it down to a particular line of code. With RSS you can create decrypted versions of the CP with all the offsets and everything explained. All he did was unlock that feature -- thats how hacks started... Im going to see if i can find a decryped codeplug somewhere, i know i have one from a while back.. let me hunt

[edit] i will look later, i have to reconnect my server to the network but i dont feel like getting up right now. im gettin sick so im layin in bed [/edit]
    Noodle, I have one you gave me a long time ago when I was working on the pallette program...

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Something like this?..

User Ergonomics Color Palette 4 Data (len 20)
    00000001 ffffff00 00000000 eadbeeb0 c87bbbb0 a6a6a600 ed636300 c8737300
    a6a6a600 7d548a00 d99c9c00 f1e6cd00 de4f0201 ffbf2001 8bb5ce00 80808001
    006ce500 ffffff01 ffffff01 00000000
    User Ergonomics Color Palette 4 Name 1 (len 24)
    44 69 67 20 6F 6E 20 54 68 69 73 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    D i g o n T h i s

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Something like this?..
    Bah.

Baby steps and you're using a crutch at that...

I've said it for almost two years now. People need to learn how to survive without Despot and this new (bogus) Labrador.

Guess I'm just talking to myself. But then again nobody else would understand.

:laughs:

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    t Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    i didnt make the list

im gonna go slit my wrists

AIM - I Am Danimsta
    Email - Danimsta (at) gmail.com